I have a desktop PC with a GTX 1650 in it but I heard these are obsolete now for 1080p gaming. Should I buy pic rel?

I have a desktop PC with a GTX 1650 in it but I heard these are obsolete now for 1080p gaming. Should I buy pic rel?

Attached: 20220605_135558.jpg (720x1335, 140.78K)

Why not just upgrade GPU

I was in the same position, but 1650 mobile. 1650 desktop is fine for 1080p with sacrifices, but a 3050 mobile is a bad idea as an 'upgrade' Look to 3050ti-3060 mobile, or 3060 desktop.

just bought a laptop off craigslist with a 2070 super and a 10th gen i7 for 700 bucks
comfy laptop times are in bound

I'm on a 1650 mobile, looking at getting a 3070 mobile. Thoughts on?

dont buy a gaming laptop, ever

Why?

1650 is still fine for 1080p. I don't think there's a single game it can't run.

overpriced, will overheat and break if you actually use it for gaming

>poorfag problems
so as long as I'm not poor I can buy them with no compunctions?

>overpriced
Not with the current state of desktop GPU/CPU prices lol

you can do whatever you want with your money, that doesnt mean its not a retarded investment however

>calls people poor
>wants gaming laptop
kek

>I'm not poor
>can't afford a new gpu for the desktop pc

>retarded investment
is dropping a grand and a half every 5 or so years really that disastrous?
>calls people poor
No I didn't, I said the problems he presented don't mean much if you aren't poor.
>wants gaming laptop
Yeah, I leave town every so often, I have family all over the country, I'm not going to haul my desktop to fucking Florida or Maine for a week long trip. Also, how would I be poor for buying a piece of equipment you also recognize is more expensive than a normal PC? I'm so poor I'm willing to buy an expensive piece of hardware?

OP would probably need a new power supply and motherboard

Why do laptops cause such intense seething every time they're mentioned?

My last gpu lasted 10 years.

it's the same train of thought as console war threads. It's always one vs the other, as if you can only have one.

I was just about to make a similar thread. I will be moving abroad first and I need a nice laptop to last me for the first few months. I do not need something top of the line and thus overly expensive, but something which will play video games at an agreeable performance.

Any recommendations, wise Any Forums?

Congratulations user, I'm happy to hear that. What this has to do with what I said, I have no idea, but good on you.

because theyre a waste of money

Pure poorfag cope.

Because I saved more money on it over paying for consoles and overpriced games.

>theyre a waste of money
this can be said for almost anything ever, including video games

>Because I saved more money on it
I'm sure you did, I never claimed laptops were cheaper, all I said was that 1500 or so dollars every 5 years isn't that much money assuming you aren't destitute.

i have a gaming laptop. very comfy and works great

I have a Dell G15. i5-10500H and GTX 1650 for under 1000 AUD. Most games run well at medium settings. Only problems are the 8GB RAM and lack of storage (256GB SSD)

Stop me from buying a Lenovo laptop right now

The problem OP presents is "my desktop gpu is too old" not "I want to game on my trips out of town"

and the person I'm talking to and direction my opinions on laptops towards is who said you should never buy a gaming laptop. Obviously if gaming is an important hobby, a proper PC is important, but there's nothing wrong with a gaming laptop.

They heavily sacrifice quality in favor of better specs. Spending a bit more on pretty much any other brand is more worth it long term.

Thanks user

A lot of reviews I've seen are praising the build quality of the Legion 7. I'm pretty deadset on buying it at this point