End of the line, motherfucker

End of the line, motherfucker.

Attached: sir_gideon_ofnir_the_all_knowing_bosses_elden_ring_wiki_guide.jpg (600x338, 26.27K)

This was a really cool NPC fight.
I kinda like the way Elden Ring wraps up a lot more than other From games, it felt almost like the climax of a proper narrative game.

I would agree but putting Godfrey right after was weird. Felt like FROM wanted him to be super duper important but had no idea where to put him.

IM THE ALL KNOWING
I OUGHT TO BE ELDEN LORD

Yeah, I'm sure they really struggled with the idea of putting the previous Elden Lord near the Elden Throne right before you can access the Elden Ring. Must have been a real head scratcher, that.

The twist of him being Hourah Loux was so weird too. Nobody even mentioned Hourah Loux outside of the opening narrative, and even Godfrey himself came out of nowhere. Was that supposed to be impactful?

it was pretty shit
>spams spells with infinite FP and stamina
>still beat his ass
>suddenly he explodes and oneshots you
really cheap shit

It would be cool if he didn't die in seconds. NPCs invaders really need more than one flask, whenever they try to gulp the second one and are locked into a "empty bottle" animation - that's usually the end for them.

He wasn't even an invader, shoulda had all his flasks. I think it's more to do with spells sucking dick in PvP when the player can reaction roll them till the heat death of the universe or just poke Gideon out of the slow cast animations.

Almost a golden boss. Just dies way too fast and he should have taken more spells depending on game progression (wiki said it was only Scarlet Aeiona for Melania and Bloodboon from Mohg). Him not using his weapon for more than the weaponart can just be excused as a character flaw.

I spent about twenty minutes really confused because for a moment I forgot who the hell Godfrey was and I thought he was Godwyn instead.
>"Wait, so I suppose he's not a rotting fish anymore?"

He'll actually have Comet Azur unless you complete Sellen's questline, where she removes his body and thus Gideon loses the opportunity to learn Comet Azur.

why did he even fight you though? why did he think noone can kill a god? especially after the rune of death has been unleashed, and after spending god knows how long almost next to Hewg, who's been put up to the task of making a godslaying weapon by Marika herself?

Yeah I did forget about that. I wouldn't say he's bad, and him being quick to die may even be the point, but I will shit myself if Fromsoft ever re-uses the idea of a boss that has more stuff dependent on what you did in a game and it's a crazy one.

His scepter not being an actual casting tool is criminal.

Thats a real shame game has no catalyst-weapons at all.

Why didn't they make him fight you so he could be Elden Lord instead of just making him want to stop you despite having helped you the entire game

yeah, especially how carian sword even seems to be one from the description
>These knights' swords could serve as catalysts, letting them wield sorcerous battle skills.
it's like they meant to put catalyst weapon in the game, but somehow weren't able

I thought he went literally insane, and thought that the whole Elden Lord nonsense was meant to stay as a constant perpetual cycle of Tarnished killing each other with that being the will of Marika herself. At least that's what his dialogue implies.

He would’ve been a kino boss if he wasnt so easy to kill

>tfw no proper Blue Flame sword to chain combo Carian sword sorceries

Attached: Ranni_054.png (1314x1314, 339.05K)

>Have Black Flame
>No Blue Flame
That would be sick for a carian build

I hated how ER used every opportunity to put a boss health bar on an enemy. Some of those fights were a fucking joke.

People saying he's too easy to kill, like mage bros havent been min-maxing since the dawn of time
Gideon is literally the pinacle of 4 games worth of build in Sorcery, Miracles and Hexes

Attached: Sl_3f12cb_6416815.jpg (750x619, 121.14K)

He found out Marika is actually a parasite that lures strong warriors. Probably discovered it through all her offsprings being deformed monstrosities.

I think it somehow messed with their ashes of war system. Japanese can't code for shit.

CHAOS! TYCHE!

It was because he has cut dialogue indicating he was a friendly NPC at some point in development. You would know this if you actually gave a shit about the game.

>Ash of War: Spell Channeling
>L2 casts whatever's in your active slot
>comes ready on Gideon's weapon
>you can find the ash somewhere and it works with fist weapons or whatever
Wow problem solved.

They just saw eurovision memes cant wait the next game or the dlc put zanzibar

Dont worry modders will fix it

Don't tell me that. Tell them.

BUT MUH SPECIAL ASH OF WAR DEBUFF!