Why is piracy bad?

Why is piracy bad?

Attached: games20loc20and20piracy_tcm228-184534.png (700x466, 509.11K)

It's not bad. Fuck kikes. I pirate every game.

Not ideal for smaller devs who won't be getting many sales anyway, particularly if the pirate doesn't cause word of mouth for more sales later
Otherwise who cares

If a lot of people pirate a game and enjoy it, but never buy a copy, the developers will think that no one liked that game and won't make more games like it. Similarly, if a lot of people buy a game but don't like it, the developers will make more games like it since they know it'll sell.
The best option is to pirate a game first, and if you like it, buy it to support the developers and tell them which kinds of games you want more of.

It's not bad

amerigolems can't handle a single euro not sent to their jewish overlords

Attached: lmao.jpg (500x628, 88.24K)

It's only bad if you play it and enjoy it, since that means more of that kind of game will get made.
Sure, you could argue if you were never going to buy it then it wouldn't matter, but I kind of doubt anyone would actually play/watch/read something they truly 100% didn't enjoy outside of contractual obligations unless they put money into it.

Because it led to the current broken game industry of today where everything is covered in gross always online DRM, microtransactions and lloot boxes because they can't make a profit from their old core fanbase anymore

Morally it's bad. But game companies do far worse and are a cancerous blight on the world so fuck em

Yuroppor has been muzzed since the 1980s. I'm literally Julius Caesar compared to you.

It just is, okay?

It is bad. But game companies have done worse crimes to humanity than I do by getting their game for free. Y'know, horse armor and literal gambling and all that. It's a lesser evil, one which is done to not support the greater evil. From the point of view of the law, it's wrong; from the point of view of the people, it's right.

Attached: 1654417687985.png (500x500, 146.29K)

It's a cope strategy. In this day and age, the people who pirate games are mostly those who can't pay for them. Anyone with money is not going to waste who knows how much time dealing with piracy, applying patches manually, not having the game on their steam library or available on any device, etc.

Piracy is good in that it allows poor people access to culture (same thing libraries do), and also allows historically saving games which will be lost to time after the relevant host hardware and software disappears.

Piracy helps video games.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-01 piracy helps sales -.png (660x543, 37.12K)

This is the worst study I've ever seen in my life. It was based on a questionaire with like 100 people asking them if they buy and pirate stuff, like people wouldn't fucking lie. The EU didn't accept it and yet I still see it posted 5 years later as "evidence". The only thing it proves is how easily you fall for fake news.

Yes because it's the reason why there's shitty movie games, walking simulators and yearly COD and FIFA instead of games you want to play. Those sold at full price while you pirated that game you like and waited for it to be 80% off to really buy it. At that point the developer already looked at it as a failure and is putting it on a discount to recoup whatever money they can to make those movie, walking or sport games you don't want to play

>buy gta 4 on steam but requires me to use Rockstar launcher
>rockstar launcher requires Microsoft live
>try to say fuck it launch offline
>can’t launch offline until you loaded it online
>refund, pirate and install in 5 mins

>t. shill

>Why is piracy bad?
Who cares? I just want free games.

Because if the investors don't get back their money they won't invest anymore.
Also simply selling a game is the most honest practice there is. But they are replaced by F2P garbage with tons of mtx, this can't be pirated as easily.

I dont give two fucks about developers, they can all rot. I pirate everything.

If I like a game I will shill it like crazy. Are devs aware of autistic pirates like me?

It just denies people getting money for their work.
If you have to choose between a preowned copy or pirating. Then pirate away, your copy was already paid for.

Pirates are the vegans of the industry

>he does it for free

interesting

Yes I do, Katana Zero shits all over Hotline Miami and should play it user kun. I promise you'll have a great time.

Attached: 1652980985281.webm (868x718, 406.79K)

because you don't finance lgbt employees, you chud bigot