Is poor optimization nowadays due to malice or incompetence?

is poor optimization nowadays due to malice or incompetence?

Attached: mario facts.jpg (271x200, 30.15K)

Greed.

both due to

Incompetence for sure
Modern developers can't even write their own compilers

That image is actually 30 KB. Please fact check yourself next time

hmm

Attached: hmm.png (261x129, 52.53K)

laziness

BUT IT SAYS 30 KB THAT'S SO FUNNY, OP IS A MASTER OF COMEDY AND DOESN'T SUCK COCK AT ALL

Your image is actually 53 kilobytes you liar!

we're almost there

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (384x113, 8.71K)

Pretty sure that image is resized as shit, you can even see the pixelation.

i think it might be due to time, budgetary constraints and the sheer complexity of modern games as much as incompetence. game developers can't optimize, tune or playtest their games that they already spent on $500 million dollars developing and still turn a profit and not go into development hell for 15 years.

I rarely play a game that seems to work well. In fact, it's so rare that when you find a really well programmed game it's pretty clear, like for example Doom 2016, it was the last game I played and the experience was perfect (technically speaking).
Elden Ring was the last AAA game I played and despite having a decent PC, the experience was pitiful.

Touch grass

Shit always works way better on consoles. It’s hilarious

Okay, I did, now what?

Bloat is a consequence of all the layers of abstractions being added to help us cope with the exponentially increasing complexity of the cumputer world.

This is as far as we can go

Attached: 1654399521313 (1).jpg (384x113, 1.52K)

your pic is 30kb you lying cunt!

How far can we go while maintaining content readability though

Attached: 1654399521313.jpg (384x113, 2.88K)

hah

Attached: 1521751946803.png (256x240, 1.25K)

>mods will fix it
Are there any games besides Cities Skylines where performance was actually improved by a mod?

every Bethesda game

Blu-Ray getting adopted as a standard was a curse, because it lead to forced installs and bloat because nobody cared about conserving space anymore. Supposedly some devs have even said bloat is a tactic designed to make you uninstall other games just to make room for theirs.

minecraft, and for minecraft its just about everything, mojang are such lazy fucking devs that everything they want to add and take like 6 months to do so, a modder can make in a week

Are you sure about that? I almost was going to mention Bethesda in my post because I've never experienced that with mods. There are mods that unlock the frame rate but I don't really count that.

The biggest improvement I've seen is just playing Bedrock. There are actual Java mods that reduce the stuttering?

imo its just anti piracy

They don't optimize games because they don't want you installing other games on the hard drive. You can't install Battlefield if CoD is taking up 150GB

look up sodium (for fabric)