Why is it Sega still can't comprehend momentum?

Why is it Sega still can't comprehend momentum?

Attached: 1654381410739.png (512x644, 94.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_I4hP5yApU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They can, they just don't care. Sonic fans will buy whatever piece of shit they fart out regardless, so they put in half-assed effort. They could make a momentum-based game if the execs told them to, but that will never happen because nobody involved in the process of greenlighting and developing a Sonic game cares about putting in the effort to make a good game.

They intentionally omit any kind of physics in Sonic gameplay, they know how to do it.

Why dother with that complicated shit when you can make a gameplay simulator where you hold the boost button?

>momentum in a scroller
ishygddt

Since these Sanic momemtum retards seem to be getting very vocal I guess we can watch fans of a series kill their series by demanding bad gameplay.

Attached: 1447311391711.png (1000x924, 221.54K)

This. It makes the games easier for kids and journalists and fans will buy any slop anyway, so not including this is a win-win for the developers.

>>momentum in a scroller
>t. never played classic Mario

Shut the fuck up retard

Dumb bot.

what kind of braindead zoomer post is this, kill yourself

>I know more about game design than SEGA devs

>I know more about game design than the creators of Sonic 06
uhhhh yeah?

>defending modern day sonic team
>shitting on classic sonic game design aka the only time sonic team was actually good
you are a fucking retard mate please fuck off and die

I know what makes a game enjoyable more than fucking Sonic Team. Sure maybe the Yakuza team has a better idea but Sonic Team is literally a barrel of monkeys.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LOOK AT HOW VULNERABLE HE IS

Attached: tumblr_inline_nq77cgUGsx1qf6e14_400.png (295x242, 107.23K)

>tranime poster shares his dogshit opinion
Clockwork

How come these autists with no money can make a better looking Sonic game than Sega themselves with a huge team and financial backing behind them?

youtube.com/watch?v=V_I4hP5yApU

When one of those 3D Sonic fangames actually amounts to more than just running around a huge empty area with no goal or obstacles then maybe I'll start believing in this hypothetical "momentum based 3D Sonic gameplay"

Can the government please revoke Sonic Team's license to make videogames? And maybe put them all on one of those "you may not use a computer" restrictions too.

Sonic Mania happened
>b-but it's bad
contrarianism

Sonic never was about being realistic, the momentum in Sonic 2 and 3 were by proxy, good features that accidentally grew esteemed and favored.

It was always speed and blast processing that made Sonic's debut seem really clear. They basically make a billion games where Sonic has momentum, and no one cares because it's not "good," like Secret Rings or Generations, and games where he has no actual momentum like Colors and Frontiers make people seethe for the same indifference. People just don't want to feel vulnerable to game design, they don't want a "Sonic," game, they want a Mairo game with Sonic's face on it.

Sonic being "fast" was not even a marketing point in the original Sonic 1 release. The express inspiration for it, as I recall reading in an interview forever ago, was rushing through 1-1 in SMB. Yes, speed is an element, but the main thing is the feeling of having momentum that you earn from good play. If they didn't plan on using the physics at all, they wouldn't have made loops and half-pipes and quarter-pipes.
>a billion games where Sonic has momentum... like Secret Rings or Generations
Generations doesn't have momentum, are you high? Have you tried interacting with slopes and curves in Generations in the way you would in a classic game? It doesn't fucking work. He doesn't have physics, he has basic acceleration, same as Mario. Yet you claim people who want physics back just want a Mario game with Sonic's face? Seriously?

What in the fuck do you expect? Its a handful of people behind those projects at most. Really though its probably just one or two people designing those. They don't have a team of programmers, level designers, artists and so on. So no you likely are never going to get a full game or even a few well crafted levels with enemies and goals out of these fan projects. You are asking too much here for what amounts to them getting no financial gains from it and Sega can easily just claim copyright anyways even if they haven't been for Sonic.

>small team can easily make a physics engine and some objects
>small team struggles with making a lot of actual content
Jesus man what a revelation, I think I have to sit down after that one.
A gameplay premise is not innately bad just because you can't churn out a million fucking levels for it instantly.

It already exists and it's called Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Generations has momentum, just not nearly as much as there is in Mania.

The point I'm making is Sonic is supposed to make his games feel like actual escapes from all kinds of dilemmas and people don't care about the main idea at all. What they care about is him being able to curve, dart, and corner just as well as Mario as if any other platformer heroes have to do that. Ratchet and Clank games platform just fine without having to succumb to the Mario-syndrome of pixel-perfect jumps and parallel universes. People still want to play Crash Bandicoot titles. You mention that the point of Sonic is to go fast and be vulnerable and people start comparing it to every other Mario-like in the industry with haste.

He was always about going fast. He never had a "Mario-64," where every cartridge is personalized. He never had a pannenokek video about a single-A press. Or a tutorial on how to climb mountains with a perfectly timed backwards long-jump. The more you play Sonic, the more you realize these are the things people want out of a Sonic game and not what we're getting.

Im amazed this isnt a frognigger post