Make new character

>Make new character
>End up stealth archer... AGAIN
Offensive magic is fucking worthless on high difficulties.

Attached: TheElderScrollsVSkyrim.jpg (1600x800, 326.39K)

illusion magic is op at high levels

That's because stealth archers are the best

Attached: stealth archers.png (800x3176, 1.25M)

What's with the "stealth archer" meme? Is it people trying too hard to fit in? "Haha am I not one of you guys? I just mentioned LE EPIC meme! haha like hating pine apple pizza and uh.. liking Shrek!".

Skyrim has an extremely fun combat in which you can do anything you want. Sword and shield is fun, two handed is fun, daggers are fun, crossbows are fun, magic is RIDICULOUSLY FUN and it's one of the very few games with a cool "shooter like" magic system.

Yet you guys tell me you just replay the same game over and over to force some stupid meme about pressing Ctrl and shooting an arrow? Seriously?

Attached: 1636754180026.jpg (2560x1440, 702.54K)

I don't understand why stealth archer is so popular. Stealth shit is boring.

>playing without mods
What a fag

>not playing a spellsword
Magic is too fun not to utilise

>No source of solid gear progression beyond training crafting
>destruction just doesn't work
>stealth crits are what people always fall back on because they're cartoonishly gamebreaking and can make up for not having the busted shit from smithing/enchanting/alchemy
all time classic btw

imagine playing Skyrim without hundreds of mods that fix literally everything especially magic
you're missing out on so much fun user

when you can kill everyone with high crit damage output while being invisible its hard to resist

Archers shouldn't even have a sneak attack bonus. Sneak attacks should exclusively be for rogues

pretty much this .... add in VR and it's fucking awesome

Recommend me a skyrim vr mod list. Just got an index.

What movement option do you use?

It's Facebook normalfags spamming this.

>you wanted a maxed out sword?
>Ok but you need to have 100 in one handed, 100 in alchemy, 100 in smithing, 100 in enchanting, 70 in restoration and the necromage perk (when vampire)!
>Have fun catching butterflies and making steel daggers for the next 20 hours!

Attached: pbs.twimg.com_profile_images_1485431612624064515_OFNJzYyI_400x400.jpg (400x400, 28.83K)

You want offensive magic, play Morrowind

Crafting skills fucking suck.

>destruction just doesn't work
It does with max enchanting.

The only exciting bit was extracting the special effects and put it on other shit.

Stealth archer is best from a min-max perspective since you can deal high damage with low levels and less equipment.

Then again, who plays Bethesda games to min-max? The whole point is to play the way you want to play.

>not playing with Ordinator
It's not without it's flaws but it makes Destruction magic interesting and nerfs stealth archer faggotry

Attached: 1589193609196.gif (328x328, 1.95M)

Enchantment doesn't do anything to destruction damage, it lowers the cost which doesn't do anything for the pitiful capped damage. Only potions enhance damage and not by all that much in the grand scheme of things afaik

There's not much reason to use anything but two handed warhammer or bows.
You can take out a whole group of enemies with a warhammer sweep and bows are just fucking busted. Magic in skyrim seems like an afterthought.

Redpill me on Requiem

Illusion magic is overpowered and very easy to level.

it's not, you just have to find good spells and know how to use them

I just hate elder scrolls melee combat so I just pick people off with a bow

I think by offensive magic he means fireballs and lightning and frost and stuff, which are mostly useless in vanilla. Illusion is good, but annoying to level if you ever get beyond the point where you can use what you have on scaling enemies. .

I mean that's the same as leveling a single stat and expecting it to work?

I think the problem is that TES’ system of “level up skills by using them” just doesn’t work even though it sounds fine on paper.

They should just do what they did in Fallout 3 and have the player allocate skill points every level up. FO3 also has level scaling, but because you could pump the stats you like early on, you could easily outpace the level scaling.

>heavy armor use useless in skyrim (max smithing light armor protects just as well and gives you 100% extra stamina regen
>destruction is useless in skyrim
>blocking is pointless in skyrim because the slowmo block perk lets you just walk out of all damage anyway
>dagger sneak attacks do like 100x times damage and instakill anything
>two handed weapons are the best melee in the game

Name one reason why you shouldn't play a light armor stealth archer two handed warhammer guy on every playthrough?

>it lowers the cost which doesn't do anything for the pitiful capped damage
So you can spam powerful spells for free,

Variety. You’re not supposed to min-max these games.

>light armor
>two handed sword
based