Never played this, is it good or just talked about because of JonTron?

Never played this, is it good or just talked about because of JonTron?
I mean even Gex sold more

Attached: images - 2022-06-04T192240.754.jpg (663x462, 80.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXoaTcf_3vo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_64_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gex_(video_game)#Reception
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's good.

Very subtle troll, 7/10

OP false flagging as a zoomer who thinks Banjo Kazooie is talked about because of

Nobody actually played this game until that eceleb talked about it
>but it was good enough for 3 games
who cares what furfags buy

I'm not trolling there are a bunch of 3d platformers that were more popular and sold more on the N64. Prolific youtuber makes this game his avatar and suddenly people talk about it way more.

>is it good
Very good
youtube.com/watch?v=lXoaTcf_3vo

I played it back in the day when the N64 was current, and I enjoyed it a lot.
I literally have some of the music from it on a loop quietly in the background right now while I WFH

Gex was honestly forgettable as fuck.

Attached: youretard.png (419x151, 118.87K)

According to wikipedia Banjo-Kazooie was the 10th best selling N64 game with 3650000 sales.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_64_video_games

About Gex wikipedia says
>Gex was one of the best-selling 3DO games, but the exact sales figures remain unclear. In July 1995, roughly a month before it became a pack-in game, its sales exceeded one million units according to GamePro and Electronic Gaming Monthly.[41][42] Contradictory to this, an article in Next Generation cover-dated November 1995 says that the 3DO version had sold only 750,000 units worldwide.[43]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gex_(video_game)#Reception

Based, I do the same.

My bad, I always heard Gex was a commercial success and sold more.

I don't know what this weird rivalry is. It's not like kids can't enjoy both - I never played Gex but I'm sure it's good as well. I enjoyed BK64 and Mario 64 and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed a bit of Glover too. We ate those kinds of games up as kids.
Based. Bubblegloop swamp right now but thinking of changing to Clanker's Cavern.

user, zoomers genuinely think this way and really do believe youtube is where everyone gets their tastes from...since that's where the zoomer pulls all their tastes and beliefs from these days. The veru notion that people played these games before youtube existed is alien to them.

very fun game, but I can see why people today might not enjoy it.

Oh yeah, it was very much of its time. Great time back then though.

good but clunky. a fine 3D platformer worth playing due to the love put into the world and music.

any reason I should emulate this on n64 instead of xbawx 360?

Attached: xenia.png (1282x772, 1.04M)

He thinks Gex sold more than the 10th highest selling N64 game.

Modpacks and that's about it. Not a single modpack that is comprable to the OG, but some levels have some heart.
360 version has too many QoL updates that make it the better version, playing on Switch makes that more than obvious.

That twitter thread was so awful and dishonest, the poster seriously thought games could not get more popular through emulation and rereleases.

Not really, some extremely minor shit like Berri's photo missing but otherwise 360 is absurdly superior. Free camera control, 60 fps, runs in HD, redone hud and textures, etc.

It's nothing big but my gripe is I never liked the 3d models in the 360's, such as the health bar faces. That and some of the lighting looked a little fucked when I saw it. Everything else though is an upgrade as far as I remember.

Gameplay? It is Mario 64 but worse. Still not bad.
Everything else? Amazing visuals, every level oozes character, every character is entertaining, it has fun dialogue, creative level design, and one of the best soundtracks in any video game ever.

About to play banjo kazooi on retroarch, do i need anything before i play like shaders?
Which ones?

>zoomers think game is popular because of eceleb
Holy shit even I skipped Banjo Kazooie in my time and the game was popular as fuck. Any Rare N64 game got time in the spotlight because Nintendo wouldn't support the system. If you were speaking about Banjo Tooie, I'd understand but even titles like Jet Force Gemini had plenty of word of mouth advertising.

Gexbros, get in here

Attached: gex.jpg (172x272, 33.66K)

CRT royale if you're so insistent on n64 but otherwise honestly if you don't care about pixelated textures xbawx 360 emulation of banjo could be run easily if you have a decent gpu

I'm curious if there's any statistics on rentals

Rare made It, the same dudes behind the OG 3d donkey kong games, that alone brings in dedicated fans, the music is good and they have a good transition for local music, you'll have the area track but slightly altered for your close environnement in most zones