Just watched a playthrough of FFXIV. The story is very generic fantasy schlock...

Just watched a playthrough of FFXIV. The story is very generic fantasy schlock, the gameplay mostly fetching and grinding.

Why do millions play it?

Attached: yshtola.jpg (569x379, 32.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_YvcJnkX7-U
twitch.tv/videos/1316521030?t=15h55m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Note that I watched A Realm Reborn. Maybe the following parts are better.

You got filtered by ARR, and i'm glad for it.
Stay out of our game.

Attached: 1654216420334.png (1579x1080, 2.6M)

A realm reborn is literally probably the worst part of the game. It also happens to be the beginning so. Heavensward is a huge improvement and shadowbringers onwards is leaps and bounds better

same i just got done marathonning the free trial for 30 min... do not recommend

stfu nigger the entire game's story only appeals to SJWs

Barry out in full force after getting btfo'd by XVI. Will be coping for many years.

So what you're saying is that the game takes dozens of hours to be good? and hundreds more to be stellar?

who is barry

Yes, it's shit that's why nobody plays it.

can't you just skip a realm reborn?

depends on how fast you can read. But yes ARR was able to barely keep me interested long enough to hit heavensward 40-50 hours in. Having the goal of reaching a red mage helped. And heavensward was great comparatively and hooked me into the rest of the expansions. Whether its worth going through ARR depends on you. I imagine its alot less worse with friends.

Depends how much you care about the story. Or if you want to shill out the money for the skip

I have a hard time believing 500k people play this game, let alone millions

its the most popular mmo in the world, apparently

You should've seen its amazing pvp and build variety. Off the charts.

How about you retards stay out of my board?

If you don't give a shit about the series, you won't get much out of XIV. It's basically just shitloads of references and nods to older shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=_YvcJnkX7-U
This is a pretty good fan trailer I found a while ago that shows off what the game becomes.

There's no other MMO to play.

Ultima Online still exists.

theres like 54854964894 warcraft clones out there

Regarding Shadowbrings and Endwalker, I don't think I've even been so emotionally invested in a game before.

>Its generic fantasy schlock
>What in your opinion is un generic, good fantasy storytelling
>>:(

You are an NPC

Attached: 1641745979223-2.jpg (777x893, 110.19K)

And this is one of them.

Blizzard's MMO is withering. It has too much pay to win aspects to it and too grindy. So people found an alternative. Even a world first raider from WoW thinks ARR story was good.
twitch.tv/videos/1316521030?t=15h55m30s

You will play our game.

Attached: not a cult.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

While that is true. I think ARR is perfectly fine and actually has a nice early 2010s jRPG aesthetic. It sets up the worldbuilding really well imo, so much so that even if you're skimming through it you get the general feel of the world and characters. It' the post ARR patches that are a fucking snorefest. That shit immediately puts me off.

>I watched someone else play a game
That's like saying you don't like sex when you've only watched other people fuck.

>Warrior of Light
it's shit, move on

I play the game for cute elf girls

>gatekeeping an mmo

Hang yourself

.. Yes. Unfortunately, that is the case.

I quit during shadowbringers because I'm not a big fan of isekai and they didn't need a whole fucking expansion to say "the fate of your world will affect others and your goddess a primal"

I'm weird and I actually have very few issues with ARR's story outside of some of the tedium in the middle with the primals. It sets up the general vibe of the game as a whole. People just overblow the badness of ARR because it does have the least amount of twists, well until you hit the very end. That's where they crammed in all the "oh shit, oh fuck" parts. You also have to do a lot more reading in ARR compared to expansions where they upped the amount of voice acting which is also a drag.

Attached: 1652346074988.jpg (200x180, 7.3K)

because most MMOs have that gameplay and somehow an even worse story

>warriors of light
>the chosen timetravellers
>fight the darkness using magic crystals
>against an evil empire
>to unite the realm
its like they tried to make it as generic as possible

I have a hard time believing the same thing with games like Fortnite, CoD, WoW, Minecraft, Pokemon, Bethesda games, Genshin Impact, Candy Crush, GTA, Rocket League, Sports games.