Why did he sold minecraft?

Why did he sold minecraft?
He could easily earn more than 2.5 billion by just keeping it and working on it.

Attached: 1652100802031.jpg (1024x576, 42.64K)

he didnt like dealing with the business side of things. he just wanted to make games, not run a business.

2.5 billion now > 2.5 billion down the liner

If you have the option to never work again, you take it.

2.5 billion is more money than an average person can spend in several lifetimes, especially when invested properly, it's functionally a source of infinite money.
He basically sold the game for a free pass through life.

no that fat faggot would have tanked it by polcel sperging on twitter where as micro$oft shilled minecraft on their botnet

Why are you such a greedy fag?

I'm not, I just miss old minecraft.

user, 2.5b is enough for you to marry, have multiple kids, and affordably support everyone very easily to the point that even your children won't need to work

This, you get some good fiduciaries and just sit back and relax, check in from time to time.

i would have fucking done it too

>2.5b
Considering hes Swedish how did he oose because taxes

I don't think Notch plans on doing any of those things

Imagine sitting on an IP like Minecraft and having literal billion dollar corporations breathing down your neck wanting a piece of the pie, I would sell for 2.5b too. Fuck making more money at that point. The headache isn't worth it.

It wouldn't be worth much without microsoft backing anyway.

>get $2,500,000,000 dollars
>never have to write Java again
vs
>don't get $2,500,000,000
>have to keep writing Java
easy choice

i would do it, would guarantee i could allow literally everyone i remotely care about to retire and have a good life
the amount of pressure on you to take it would be immense from all angles

I would've easily sold it for 2.5 billion. Why take the risk when you've got a guaranteed retirement?

He became a citizen of the US and immediately moved there keeping his 2.5b

It's pretty clear he hates the fan base that clung to that game like a warm wet jizz rag

He's on record as saying having all that money is ruining his life. You can't make any actual friends because they always want money. Also fellow billionaires are all crazy psychotics. He's a rare breed at that level.

Smart answer. Minecraft's ability to remain relevant and continuously generate profit is a direct result of Microsoft handling the brand, building ports, and supplying the capital and talent to make it happen. Notch is just a programmer.

dude, the average person spends about 3-4 million in their lifetime. 2.5 billion is ridiculous. you dont even need to hire anyone. you can live absolutely lavishly, more lavish than any celebrity, with full garages of super cars and multiple mansions around the world and still not give a single fuck

>You can't make any actual friends because they always want money.
So his old friends changed when he got that money. What does that tell you about people and "friends". He's depressed because he got a blackpill on life.

Who said he isn't coding in java anymore?
he still is, just with those 2.5 billion dollars

alternate take, he didn't have many in the first place. he's one of us after all

The money isn't ruining his life. His choices are the problem.