How were you supposed to know that this random fag of a boss fight would be where you find the golden needle for...

How were you supposed to know that this random fag of a boss fight would be where you find the golden needle for Millicent's questline? All you're told is that it got lost in the swamp.

Attached: 1635662778721.jpg (1619x1090, 357.02K)

There's not much going in that swamp, my guy. Maybe you're just stupid or something.

The guy literally tells you that the needle is in the middle of the swamp

by just exploring the fucking swamp?

this isn't the bullshit section of the quest
the bullshit section of the quest is knowing you absolutely have to kill the rotaids infested tree snake in the rot pond and then go back to the rot pond to finish Millicent's quest

>the needle is in the middle of the swamp
>go to the middle of the swamp
>finds boss
>woah, there is a boss in the middle of the swamp, he probably isn't related at all to the needle which is also in the middle of the swamp
You're rarted

You no longer have to, it appears the first time you go there.
Worst part remains finding her in the Altus Plateau for the first time.

By the time you start exploring Altus you should have already given her the needle, so finding her should be simple exploration because she is near the grace.
The easy to miss part is the windmill village one if you clear it before exploring the shaded castle, you have no reason to go back there.

Attached: 1647495827584.jpg (1428x2126, 187.87K)

Not if you explore the first section of the Plateau before venturing deeper into Caelid.

How could you miss it? The swamp is tiny.

>it's in the middle of the swamp
>so go fight this random shit boss off in a corner of the swamp, clearly not the middle
Whoa...

It's like 500 square feet. You can trip over it in like five minutes of wandering. have you considered that you might be a fucking retard?

Attached: 35125456_1544239661710964_r.jpg (720x480, 73.79K)

Nice reading comprehension, retards. I was looking for a needle, not some fag and his cheerleading squad.

>hey go in the middle of the swamp to find a needle
>there's a boss fight in the middle of the swamp

GUESS I BETTER FUCK OFF AND GO ALL AROUND IT AND NOT FIGHT THE BOSS DURRRRR HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW

Attached: retard.gif (493x342, 479.53K)

>I'm looking for a needle in the middle of a swamp
>There's an invasion in the middle of the swamp

GUESS I BETTER FUCK OFF AND GO ALL AROUND IT AND NOT FIGHT THIS RANDOM SHIT BOSS OFF IN A CORNER OF THE SWAMP DURRRR GUESS I SHOULD HAVE JUST READ A GUIDE LIKE YOUR PROLAPSED ASS DID

Dude the questlines lmao I have to look up every single step

>Gowry tells you that the needle is "hidden somewhere deep in the swamp."
>Actually it's just on some fatfuck standing AFK in the middle of a rotten lake doing nothing for what's probably hundreds of years.
>Who has absolutely no reason to hold it, and is not related to a single fucking thing in the entire rest of the zone.
Elden Ring is a rampant case of cut and repurposed content.

Quests where literally never good in FROM games. I'd honestly rather encounter a character in the beginning of an area and encounter them throughout a tailored location. Not "Ah! Thou hast picked up some random jar of crusty penis shavings in a jar 10 hours ago... mmm indeed Tarnished... I will be vague and appear in 3 more random ass locations you already cleared and would never naturally go back to. Before being found dead in another random location because reasons. I'll probably interact with another character who said "hello" to you one time. Your reward will be a weapon that scales worse than some shit you found in the first area of the game. Indeed, nothing about this questline will be memorable or even useful and you will have no desire to do it in NG+ because it's just a time waster. Ah ye tarnished... something something grace."

pretty spot on

>if I deliberately misunderstand the game it doesn't make any sense!
>Uninfected NPC sitting in the middle of a rot-swamp with a needle that makes you rot-resistant
Don't you have glue to eat?

Ubisoft makes some Ass games that are probably right up your alley. They have waypoints and in game guides and all sorts of shit to give you an easy mode that you seem to need.

>It's hidden in the swamp
vs
>Actually I heard some fat fuck stole it
Coherence was never From's strong point, but ER is just stupid with its quests. So much so that they've gone back and actively added hints and messages to point people in the right direction.

ye ye just dont you ever dare criticising something in a FROM game they can never go wrong amirite?
Nonsense, the questlines in ER are ridiculously vague