Final Fantasy XVI

I genuinely think this is going to be an all-timer. DMC-style combat with Kaiju summon battles with a dash of dark fantasy is everything I hoped for since FF Tactics and Vagrant Story

Attached: _image_final_fantasy_xvi-44374-4598_0006.jpg (1920x1080, 3.56M)

I'm surprised it took them so long to make the mental jump from summons/espers/eidolons to kaiju battles.

Final Fantasy should've remained a party oriented, turn based JRPG.

I know right? That's why I'm so stoked for it. They clearly are going the full distance with this game instead of just being flashy animations

Attached: Kaiju.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

>protagonist looks like a fag
>every single player FF for the past 16 years has been nothing but dogshit
Yeah, good outlook.

It takes a genuine retard to want ffxvi graphics, music together with a slow turn based game
It is like building a big ass gigantic kitchen with lots of tools and stuff to eat cereal and milk

The screenshots are doing more to sell me on this game than the trailer

Attached: image_final_fantasy_xvi-44374-4598_0004.jpg (3840x2160, 3.55M)

>that sword
>that camera
oh the cringe
this really may just be one to remember, but for all the wrong reasons

While I wouldn't mind a traditional turn based or ATB FF, that niche is already filled by very strong games like Persona.
FF always pushed the envelope of cinematic high fantasy battles, and in the end turn-based systems just aren't dynamic enough to realize that element's full potential. And it's not like the older games' iterations of turn based were ever really stellar to begin with.

FF's strength used to be story, characters, art direction, presentation and music. As long as they get those right again (and for me they seem to be with XVI) it's already a massive step back on track for the franchise.

Using Garuda to snatch and air juggle the enemy and using Titan as a ground pound is so fucking sexy. Clive is gonna have as many styles as there's going to be summons and you can actually summon them too

Attached: Garuda and Titan.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

This one too. Using Garuda as a snatch but it stuns the coeurl because he's too massive and then using Phoenix as a finisher

Attached: Garuda and Ifrit.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

My only fear is that those battles will end up whole big setpieces of nothing like Noctis vs Leviathan.

Interesting
That is not Titan

It seems you only have Ifrit as your Kaiju (Clive's dominant?), so I think it'll be actual battles as they only have to make Ifrit playable.
I think these are Yakuza style mid-battle cutscenes, Clive also has those against humans

Attached: Garuda Fight.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

Here, Clive has mid-battle cutscenes where the health bar is depleted. Maybe phase changes?

Attached: Mid battle cutscenes.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

Yeah, those seem like phase changes that are accompanied by in-battle cutscenes, FF VII Remake pulls that a lot too.

>yet another Genshin Impact clone
yawn

fucking kaiju fights...i can already imagine fighting Odin and countering his Zantetsuken. I hope there's some unique surprise like Bismarck, Knights of the Round or even fun ones like Doomtrain

Attached: Kaijus.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

The main big ones we're missing are Leviathan and Alexander.

If you get Ramuh and Odin by level 26, I think there are some more that have yet to be shown.
Basically I think the reward for defeating an eikon is to get a new fighting style from the summon itself.

Attached: Odin and Ramuh.webm (960x540, 2.75M)

I wouldn't trust trailer numbers when we're still over a year away from launch. Could be mocks from early game with late game eikons in order to not spoil alte game areas/enemies or because they're simply not ready yet.

isn't this ps5 locked? If so doa

They're all pretty amazing, but Shiva steals the show with her grace and effortless beauty

ENTER

Attached: 70222CF1-E804-4884-B106-4DED8FD1ECC9.png (1562x1125, 2.62M)

Realistically, it would make sense that Clive could only use Ifrit in the Eikon battles because it would likely be a massive strain on development if the players could choose between different Eikon's for the massive scale battles. The battles also seem like they'll be heavy on cinematics, so it would also be a struggle to design corresponding cutscenes for each possible pair.
Lorewise I imagine Clive isn't stealing the Eikon from the dominants, but more that he'll form the same pact that he made with Joshua, so Clive can tap into each Eikon's power, but not fully ulitize it like their dominants can.

I'm just expecting the ones we saw to be all of them besides maybe a final boss.
The musical piece calling out all the names kind of gives it away.

Attached: ndvchbklvb391.png (322x653, 319K)

So far it seems to check out. Lv13 Clive has a different UI since it's the first timeskip and he only has Phoenix
Here you can see he only has two summons by lv18
By lv33 he has Titan which seems the latest, and he fights the Titan dominant in at lv27
A lot seems to be happening in the early to early-mid game. Two timeskips and at least five summons

Attached: FF16 3.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

It's possible, even likely the trailer music is a truncated version of the full song

Will this be on PC?

There's a lvl 26 segment in the trailer with Odin, Shiva and Ramuh equipped though. That seems off.

Probably. In summer 2024.

I think Clive has full control of Ifrit in a way he doesn't the others. If he realistically doesn't have to kill them to get their powers, he would only have their blessing.
Ifrit though, could possibly be his own specific power, but there is no Ifrit summon as a fighting style. Maybe he is partnering with someone or his power is so deep within he can only call it in extreme situations.
In fact Phoenix gets killed by Ifrit's Hellfire in the trailer when his name is still Eikon of Fire. I think it's early game. So that would be how Joshua dies

Attached: Phoenix dead.jpg (3840x2160, 523.66K)

I prefer if its way more dragon dogma than dmc fits better with final fantasy

What relistically you can literally steal their powers after kill them probably

It's basically Dragon's Dogma with some DMC flair on top. Look on the bottom right, you chain up skills

Attached: Combos.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

based OP

lmao why bother putting so much effort into a game exclusive to a failed console? Who the fuck has a ps5

Doubt you kill them as Garuda seems to be the second one you get early game and they're not killing off Benedikta that early.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 10-25-50 THE CHARACTERS FINAL FANTASY XVI SQUARE ENIX.png (1903x1080, 1.48M)

He gets teared of camera by ifrit meanwhile you see the crappy " in development" ifrit textures ripping and tear

Storywise, I think it would be interesting if Clive actually had to form bonds with each dominant to unitize their power, instead of just murdering them to steal their Eikon. The game doesn't seem to have a party, but Clive needs recurrent characters to interact with, which the other dominants could easily be.

>Who the fuck has a ps5

That is the main reason they're delaying a game that is 90% finished until summer 2023 instead of releasing it next holidays.