How do you beat this owl?

The hirata estate owl has no openings for me to chip his health down.

Attached: Owl_(Father).png (480x650, 553.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-f2zyYhjno
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mortal draw can fuck him up during phase 1. You can bait out his dash attack and hit him in the middle of it thus canceling it altogether. If you keep close to him and manage not to get fucked by his fireworks you can wait out his overhead and then fuck him up when he takes his sweet time raising his sword again.

I was already doing that, anything else to be done? Any combat arts that actually do something?

Be agressive, B E agressive.

He is the hardest boss in the game. You just have to play extremely patiently and know all of his openings, which come with repeated attempts. Just know that with him, it's often better to simply run and dodge than go for deflects.

Yeah I expected that

>Owl (Father)
>The hardest boss in the game

Attached: 18d1a5c078b1c1e802ddc3762cc70e19.jpg (720x717, 64.33K)

You can try to smack him with double ichimonji after his overhead. Other than that stay on him, be aggresive, interrupt him, DODGE THE FUCKING FIREWORKS

For me he was. Demon of hatred didn't live up to hype

Force openings. Mortal draw, wail on him, fire crackers, just know when you have to jump or run away. Keep pressing, even when you have to dodge into certain attacks. And for the love of god don’t thrust

Demon of Hatred is just a beast-type Bloodborne boss. Outside of grappling his head sometimes, all you have to do is hit the legs and dodge. The fight is tedious more than hard, so small mistakes add up over the fight.

This. He only took me like five tries, compared to Owl Father which took many hours over many days to get the timing right. Only thing harder is Isshin, who I still haven’t beat

>openings for me to chip his health down.
you didn't beat the game

You can cheese him by getting him to stand in the doorway and repeatedly slashing without doing it quickly enough to combo, it causes a stunlock where he tries to jump away but the doors keep him from moving and the slash resets him.

>inner ishhin
>demon

Be aggressive and stay close to him. Sprint a lot. I didn't really need many prosthetics but I like using shuriken and ashen raven mist. Oh and thrust a lot

High Monk all his sweep

Thrusting is the best attack and we can't use it here

Combat basics remain the same against him as they are against any other opponent - deflect a series of attack and attack until you are deflected.
Do you have trouble with any specific attacks? I remember the firecracker one gave me the most trouble. I found that you can dodge forward and stick to Owl while they explode, but I feel like it's easier to fuck it up that way. The best way is probably to dodge backwards and immediately follow up with a stab - he won't have recovered from the attack yet, so he won't be able to mikiri you, and the stab should be enough to close the distance.

God i really hate spirit emblem shit

What is it that people found so hard about Demon of Hatred? That old granny bitch and Isshin during the Shura route fucked me up way harder.

Attached: 1601739914137.webm (1080x920, 733.86K)

For me it's the meteor attack he does after creating distance between you (not the third phase one) and that one long distance fire slam.

I think True Monk is harder than Inner Isshin

I beat true monk yesterday in one try. I had only fought it for a few hours a week ago. It was fun because you can actually parry it

I remember getting stuffed by him and deciding to go Death by a Thousand Cuts, and my first attempt I nearly got him and did it in my second attempt

I don't think he's harder, especially if you know you can one-shot the second phase and end the third one with firecrackers, but it's got to be one of my favourite fights. The second phase is my favourite Sekiro ost track, the whole scenery is beautiful, and deflecting that huge naginata is extremely satisfying.
youtube.com/watch?v=J-f2zyYhjno

Few tips that helped me beat him
1. When you start wailing on him and he deflects, he will very likely counter with his three hit combo. Deflect TWICE, then attack, you'll get your hits in before his third strike. If you're lucky you'll get him into a cycle of this.
2. When he tosses his firecrackers, don't panic dodge, SPRINT towards him and pass him from the right (your right, his left). You can get tons of damage in during the recovery.
3. In the second phase, when he calls his owl over and it lands on his arm, he's about to toss the fire owl at you. Jump over the projectile, then be ready to immediately Mikiri counter, he always follows it up with a stab.

The fire umbrella helps a lot against the DoH. Always found him super easy with that thing.