Valve Anti-Trust lawsuit

Wolf Fire Games, the dudes who created Humble Bundle is suing Valve for anti-trust practice again. In 2021 they filled an anti-trust lawsuit but was dismissed out of court because it was clumsily written by someone who probably doesn't practice laws. Now they hire a lawyer and the court finally accept the lawsuit. Wolf Fire Game is suing Valve on the ground that Steam gives Valve too much power over developers and their 30% cut is unreasonable and put too much pressure on developers and customers. They also cited that Steam does not have have any competitors leading to developers not being able to find any alternatives
>What about Epic
Funniest shit is that the lawsuit claimed Epic Game Store is a failure as evidenced by their continued payment toward developers for exclusive deal so EGS ain't a competition to Steam at all

Attached: unnamed (1).png (512x512, 32.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfire_Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you care

Vidya

>The furfaggot is trying again

Attached: 1652806521.jpg (500x500, 47.24K)

? answer his question

Whatever the outcome it won't affect games valve don't make them anymore

gaben will die during this decade painfully chocking on a drumstick like a fat fuck he is, that will be retribution for indiscriminately banning almost all eroge

There's ton of eroge on steam.
Just not the one featuring underage which they legally can't be a host to.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfire_Games
Oh, the day of its release we'll plunder it Yiffe guy.
Yeah, he can suck a fuck. Maybe he should try -finishing- a video game before suing a company for stealing profits.

I don’t want to be a valve shill but what has valve ever done besides have Indian tier tech support to warrant hate?

The things I would criticize about them, like allowing root kit drm, is beneficial to these douche devs anyhow

egs, uplay, origin, ddl, microsoft store, battle.net, discs, humble, greenman, fanatical, g2a, are all competition

Next day its 29.99%
Happy now?

Valve tech support sucks? Granted I have limited experience just sending in my Steam link.
They even left Retroarch on it.

>which they legally can't be a host to.
According to who?
I'm not even one of those pedos who wants this but it is perfectly legal for 3D models and drawings of that nature to exist in the US of A.

>sue steam because it's the most relevant videogame store around

?

Australia and the European union continuously sue Valve for following USA's laws and not their user. I'm pretty sure Valve has been in court battle with the EU for almost 4 years involving dumb shit (Different region pricing. The EU didn't want different regions to have different prices)

>According to who?
Their lawyers. Market law? There isn't a "Lmao they're fictional law" when it comes to selling that shit in the US. What you're dealing with is someone selling in another country, or literally being so small they won't be noticed doing it.

Nothing, everybody is just jelly of their market share.
The funny thing is, lots of players have tried their hands on running a game store (EGS, origin, uplay etc) but they are all getting shunned largely because steam just works. As long as Valve doesn't do anything outrageous, there's simply no reason for people to move to a different game store.

Lowering the cut is actually harmful for us.
>p-publishers will pass the savings onto the consumer!
You mean like they did in EGS?
>t-that was because valve mandates price parity!
What about the EGS exclusive games? What about EA games when EA kept their games exclusive to Origin where they get to keep 100% of the revenue? What about Ubisoft and Uplay?

There's literally zero reason for a publisher to ever pass on the savings, games are always priced at what they expect is the optimal revenue point and what percentage of that they get to keep doesn't change that point. I'd rather Valve take 30% and use it on things that benefit me (see: advancements in Linux gaming) rather than Timmy Tencent taking a smaller cut and giving a bare minimum service in return. The argument "Valve does nothing to justify the 30%" has always been from a developer point of view, basically saying that THEY don't get anything out of that money because it all goes to funding consumer-facing improvements and therefore it's unfair. A very important detail of this lawsuit is that they've tried really hard to differentiate Steam the storefront and Steam the client as two separate products because the crux of the issue is that the fees they pay for access to the storefront are used to fund the client which they don't directly benefit from, thus they only want to pay enough to cover hosting and bandwidth which is what they consume directly. It isn't stated explicitly anywhere but I believe they expect Valve to charge the user directly to fund continuous improvement to the client and all ancillary services (streaming, remote play, proton, etc.), or just provide a bare minimum downloader.

This is, effectively, a devs vs consumers lawsuit.

Attached: 1625570986048.jpg (439x290, 22.54K)

they literally just put out a GOTY in 2020.
you people are so stupid lol

games are denied delivery on case by case basis, for no better reason than characters "looking underage", approval depends entirely on weather the particular assigned employee reviewing your product is in a good mood or not, there used a period (2018ish) when a lot of hentai could get on the store no problem unless it's full blown lolicon, even bestially got through, but right now devs would rather not risk it and have the same old outside h-patch
can they like not sell them in those places that are sending the bitch complaints?

I've tried most of the launchers. Steam seems to be best overall when it comes to usability

I remember the Humble Bundle was supposed to an indie charity thing. Nothing humble about it now, nobody wants to buy out of your shitty store

>for no better reason than characters "looking underage"
You keep saying this like it's no big deal.

Gayben is /ourguy/.

Attached: 1366_2000.jpg (650x833, 105.55K)

>can they like not sell them in those places that are sending the bitch complaints?
They're an american company stupid.

You wording this as though it is...

>Hey what about this competition
>NOOOOO THERES NO COMPETITION ACTUALLY THEY SUCK
They’re relying on the idea that old court judges don’t play or care about video games. This will never win. Plus, Humble is LITERALLY A GAMES DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM so like, that’s a huge bias.

>can they like not sell them in those places that are sending the bitch complaints?
The entire EU and Australia are the most frequent offenders user. See the EU suing Valve on different regions pricing . In Australia case, they are strict on censorship but in the EU case, they generally want to throw their soft power around and undermine the USA's power, so they harass a lot of American companies. Valve can't stop doing business in Europe either because there are a lot of people in Europe alone

>THE LAWSUIT OF ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS