Legitimately, what do you all want?

legitimately, what do you all want?

What else can they do?
Isn't this what was asked for?
It's like whatever they do Sonic fans won't be satisfied.

Attached: 46436364364.jpg (1280x720, 152.73K)

>Isn't this what was asked for?
fuck no, most fans realized that even though an open world sonic game could be good in theory Sonic team doesn't have the talent to pull it off.

Mania 2

Just add anime girls and Any Forums will be coming all over it

Please tell me you didn't take the hire this man memes seriously.

small indie studio please understand

Split screen coop game where you fight robot bosses in a destroyed city

No one wanted an open world Sonic game.

>legitimately, what do you all want?
I want Sonic Team scrapped and the Sonic development team to go third party.
>What else can they do?
Remove all boost pads and lock-on mechanics for starters
I ask for a good Sonic game
>It's like whatever they do Sonic fans won't be satisfied.
Listening to whining fans is retarded.

I want 06’s unused free play mode where you could play as any character in any level and go anywhere realized into a good game

A good Sonic game.
>What else can they do?
Make a good Sonic game.
No. HIRE THIS MAN was a joke and this game looks bad.
>It's like whatever they do Sonic fans won't be satisfied.
Most were very satisfied with Sonic Mania because it was a good game.

Attached: FQccat3XoAM5mik.jpg (1150x498, 206.66K)

I want them to give Sonic tight responsive controls with actual weight to them and then design a game around them
Never gonna happen though

That's gonna be their excuse when it goes tits up but no. While I wouldn't count myself among the crowd, the obvious most prevalent voice is "do another game like Adventure" which they refuse to listen to after 06.

A 3D Sonic game with no boost button, no dash pads, no rainbow rings, no dash rings, and no fucking rails.

Attached: Sonic sez.jpg (700x1059, 361.03K)

>we asked for a HIRE THIS MAN tier open world game
pretty sure exactly nobody asked for this, not even the fucking storyfags have standards this low.

a good game
>What else can they do?
Make a decently designed world so boostpad/spring/rail overload wouldn't be necessary
no

Attached: 1379885048500.jpg (539x571, 164.91K)

i want this. and then i just want sonic adventure 3 with ryan drummond

Attached: 1654252014635.jpg (1280x720, 251.18K)

I wanted a good game but I know that is impossible as long as sonic team exists.

If, hypothetically, they were to do an actual proper open world game, the way to make it good is to make Sonic's own movement good enough that you can just spend hours running around aimlessly and still have fun that way. Level design would be a lot of sweeping hills and canyons to allow for this. This is why driving and racing games in general work well in open world, because the base gameplay is just moving around, so an open world gives you a lot of moving around to do.
Instead all they did was take the exact same stiff retarded controls from previous games and shove them on a generic Unity test field with all the stupid shit like springs, dash pads, and rails still in.

Sonic Adventure again, with the same artificial momentum and buggy gameplay.

Momentum does not work in 3d.

Sonic fags deserve to suffer

unironically them being able to say bad words and violence and shit happening. so sonic adventure 2 but unfiltered. maria pouring blood everywhere.

Sonic is a dumpster fire gameplay-wise, other than mania. Boosting, shoulder button lane-switiching, boost hoops in jumps, target lock ons with the homing attacks. It's all crap. Adventure 2 was the last time Sonic felt fun. Honestly, Sonic was never a good game mechanically outside of 2, 3, and 3 & Knuckles. Adventures were fun even if they were jank. The Adventure games provided autism kino. They really just need to pump out melodramatic autism kinography like 1 and 2 with similar controllers and call it a day. At least Sonic would be getting more positive feedback from some so bad it's good comedy.

Mania devs to make their own 2D game without being forced to shoe-horn in something from another game and with their own own creative freedom.
Alternatively Mania devs trying to make their own attempt at a 3D classic game similar to Jam's hub.

>What else can they do?
Stop following trends without understanding them. BoTW succeeded for a multitude of reasons and Sega going "uhh.. it's sonic but open world! this'll work just as well as botw!" is retarded.
God no.
>It's like whatever they do Sonic fans won't be satisfied
Sonic fans want consistency. A perfected formula that SEGA will stick to instead of making a gimmicky piece of shit every single Sonic game.

I don't remember asking for a game that looks like it was whipped up in unreal in 30 minutes for a "sonic if he real" YouTube video.

>we want sonic to be like the Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty games

Tony Hawk got momentum physics right in the 90s don't give me that shit
Just make big fucking skateparks for Sonic to dick around in and bam best 3D Sonic game ever

Proper animations for starters would be nice.
What the fuck is that attacking? Those weird jerks during air tricks? The upside down spin around the enemy??

Come on you know it took them at least a month to import the sonic model and draw the line rider rails

>Adventure 2 was the last time Sonic felt fun.
Adventure series is a shitty, broken mess. Boost revived the franchise, take the nostalgia glasses off.

You idiots will never be happy with anything Sega produces and I enjoy that because all Sonic fans are autistic, brown, or both

Attached: 1652834367705.png (815x604, 215.67K)

>Just make big fucking skateparks for Sonic to dick around in and bam best 3D Sonic game ever
Sonic Frontiers

SA3 and mania 2 with the old VAs. No one asked for Sonic forces in an empty realistic setting.

Has there been anything as detrimental in hindsight to a series as the boost mechanic?

Get every single person possible who worked on Adventure 2 to make Adventure 3 with the old VA cast. That's what I want. That's what I've wanted for years. I do not give a shit about boost garbage. If I can't have that then give me Mania 2.

Christ tell me this is bait

A good fucking Sonic game
Is not about breaking boundaries and exploring genres. Just make GOOD game.

I want Tails Sky Patrol 2

Except no momentum and every ramp needs a boost pad on it because no momentum and rail grinding moves you at a fixed speed because no momentum and you can't even pick up speed going downhill because no momentum
Retard

Would you rather have Sonic flailing around awkwardly on platform? It's like you idiots haven't played Adventure in 20+ years or something.

A grounded racing game approach works for the series. The problem is everything else surrounding it. The bad writing, mainly.