Xenoblade Chronicle X

what the hell am I missing? I'm only level 12 but I'm getting these beginner quests like "Find 4 sanalec pearls" or "Use FrontierNav to gather 5 white comeliles". What the absolute fuck? Where are those? How do you use the FrontierNav?

I'm looking up guides online and they're all like "check out Talon rock" or "Mine FN115". There is no indication where any of these things are unless you look up things with a damn map. Is that really how you have to play the game? There was some quest where you had to pick up Acorns and you ended up having to go to this specific corner of the map to find it. There's NO indication where you would've found it had you not looked online. Using the map to and the Follow Ball for hints seems useless, as they don't even give any indication except "search X continent".

Is the entire game like this? Half the map I can't explore because I'm such a low level, and to get anything done I have to play with some website open like frontiernav.net/explore/xenoblade-chronicles-x/visualisations/maps/entities/loc103

I just wanted to play the game so I'd understand Xenoblade 2 better when I play it next, I loved Chronicles 1, but X feels like a damn chore so far

Attached: x_armor.jpg (1217x1440, 483.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frontiernav.net/explore/xenoblade-chronicles-x/visualisations/maps/entities/collectible1i33
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMWvUof1mE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Right now the guides are telling me to go to Talon Rock Third Terrace, but in-game I'm not seeing any sort of clues as to where that is. I think I'm at Talon Rock using online guides, but there's nothing to tell you if you're at the third terrace or anything.

Attached: 1609137053075.webm (478x916, 733.9K)

There’s a tutorial in the Wii U guide. XCX is by far the most complicated Xeno game with the most complex building and setup. Most sidequests are garbage though.

Upgrade your mechanical skill first. It'll let you open up more nodes in your map faster.

that bad? Damn. Where can I find this tutorial? I've found the manual but that's about it.
I'm Lv16 and have 2 mechanical, it's helped allow me to plant more nodes but I'm still confused as hell in some places. Like I'm looking to plant FN Site 110, and you can't see the red light anywhere. Am I under it? There's no clear indication of how to climb this Talon Rock area. Feels like I'm wandering aimlessly, when these should just be the easiest quests of the games

Attached: Colony_9_1b.jpg (809x959, 361.39K)

Xenoblade X works like this: get every side quest you can, then just go out and explore the entire world. If it's to find items then follow that quest and follow the yellow arrow on the minimap until you get to a yellow area on the minimap which is where the items are found. As for the mine FN115 quest, if you don't have that on your Frontiernav then go out and explore. The octagons are signs of other spots where data/research/mining probes can be set down. At least FN115, if you're still Lv 12, is just in Primordia so you don't need to worry about other continents yet.

You don't need to follow guides, just follow the arrows to the general direction it points towards. If you're on a different area, the yellow circle will be fainter. If you're on the correct area, the yellow circle will be bright opaque.

>There's no clear indication of how to climb this Talon Rock area.
Skyrim it. The game allows you to do that. But if it's about a mining point that you can't find even when you're in the immediate area, it's probably because you need a skell to access it. That's just how it works, you can give up on that current quest for now and come back later when you can fly.

"Partner in Pearls" quest is set to active, there aren't any yellow arrows, yellow circles, blue circles on the WiiU gamepad, NOTHING to tell you what to do. The game told me I picked up one of them already, but I'll be damned if I know where.

I looked up Sanelec Pearl at frontiernav.net/explore/xenoblade-chronicles-x/visualisations/maps/entities/collectible1i33
and I've been walking around those areas without any success. The only thing I can guess is that this is a many leveled structure and I'm on the wrong level, but I'll be damned if the game gave me any hint of that.

I was able, after a bunch of online guides, to find FN115 to mine the white comeliles, but without the guides I would have been 100% lost.

Are all the quests going to be like this where it's just "find X item but we won't give you any clues to find it"? I can't help but feel like these easy quests can be this unclear.

Attached: 1358965864771.gif (260x146, 1.24M)

You have a minimap on the top left. That's where you'll find the circles, not the gamepad.

This is the reason I dusted off the WiiU to play this game. Finally got the time, loved Xenoblade 1, and heard Xenoblade 2 is phenomenal, but wanted to play X before 2 since that's how they're supposed to be played. It's just quite frustrating that there's no indication as to what's going on.

Something else that's confusing is there are all these squad tasks, you gotta kill these monster types but I almost never find any. I see squad members come & go, have no idea what that means since the game practically plays like a single player game. I can recruit people, but thought it'd be better if I level up the permanent party members instead so they don't stay weak forever. Instead I meet random people in the game and I tell them to just do division support, but still have no clue what that is for.

Attached: 1567689308176.png (969x1712, 1.59M)

*top right
Sorry, I'm hungry and sleepy. Waiting for my steaks to be grilled.

Xenoblade X is amazing.
It's crazy how we went from that to the pozzed Xenoblade 3.

Had TWO quests where the top right minimap actually did its job,had yellow circles for what I was looking for (in those cases, monsters). But quests for the crytsal pickups there's no highlighted yellow/blue circles in the minimap or gamepad. I looked up some video online, youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMWvUof1mE took me forever to find this third terrace part, before I think I was like on a lower level without any clue I was in the wrong place. But you'll notice in that video, that player doesn't get any yellow circles in the minimap. Hope your steaks turn out great

Attached: Fiora_1592578588273.webm (682x720, 1.76M)

2 looked great, finally made it a point to play it after playing as Pyra in Smash Bros. It does seem like they toned things down for 3, which is a shame

Attached: c22054cb2770826a8072d290b5cdbcc1b50dea1b15f1370ff0462c7c6223c2f1.jpg (818x1200, 211.61K)

>toned things down
It's further than that they have such generic and sterile designs it looks like a cheap Tales of clone

Also what does are the Squad Tasks? Killing monsters with an S over them seems to lower the requirements, but I just rarely find any.

Attached: 1627500880129.jpg (553x747, 77.55K)

Don't worry about squad tasks. If you or anyone else on the 'server' completes one, you get Reward Tickets which are exchanged for enemy drop materials at a terminal in the barracks.
You can check the squad tasks by holding L and tapping R iirc but they can be anything from "kill a humanoid enemy" to "collect this very specific pick-up" or "slay a tyrant that only appears on tuesdays at 3:15 am".

Don't worry about them for now? Ok.
Is there any way to tell what symbol means what? One of the symbols kind of looks like a panther's head looking left, some look like spiders, but really I have no clue what is what.

Also should I bother inviting people into my 4-man squad, or just send them on "division support"? What is "division support" anyway?

Thank you

Attached: 1567665013150.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

I missed all the Xenoblade 2 threads and regret it

Attached: 1578627526634.jpg (1000x851, 529.59K)

Attached: post-image-31062137.jpg (1060x1500, 1015.19K)

I played the hell out of Xenoblade 1, it just felt so fantastical and majestic. There was a great joy in discovering and exploring the "world" of two great giants. So far X doesn't seem to have the same punch, it feels more grounded in typical sci-fi, but holy cow is it gorgeous. 1 was certainly more cartoony, but 2 has these majestic creatures flying & roaming around everywhere

Attached: Xenoblade_Chronicles_IB_eltosea.jpg (3245x1869, 803.39K)

For the team setup for X, it seems like Lin is a tank and Irina is a healer. I should keep both and swap out others for DPS roles to make a solid team, right?

Attached: 1627502635228.jpg (1000x1323, 483.46K)

Made back in the day before webms Melia steals a kiss from an unconscious Shulk and has an episode when she catches herself doing that

Attached: Xenoblade_18_The_Reticence_Of_Melia.gif (416x321, 2.88M)