Why are there no horror platformers?

Getting chased in horror games is pretty intense
Now imagine you have to also make all these jumps while getting chased, risking falling down and having to quickly climb up again

Someone would say dying light, but that games gay and that kinda gameplay is not platforming, you pretty much climb and attach to anywhere

I wanna 3d platformer with intense chase sequences in abandoned, rusted silent hill style environments. But other than chases what other horror elements could it have that would blend well in 3d platform genre?

Attached: 1 9.png (469x285, 189.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J0bakSQR6IU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hmm, maybe I would add like disguised regular platforms that behave differently, in order to keep the player on alert. Such as a monstrous hand from the abyss comin to grab you and stuff like that

What the fuck even is a horror platformer

platformer game with horror theme

name 10.

Every Mario game on Ayahuasca

Little nightmare
Little nightmare 2

The point of this thread is that it's not common and OP is asking why there aren't any.

Gmod Obunga nextbot is a platformer depending on the map.

Attached: 1654001385189.jpg (800x450, 28.85K)

The Upturned, Limbo, Pony Island, that one old 2d game where you switch between worlds, the list goes on.

Catherine is a horror ish puzzle platformer. Pretty cool too.

No it fucking is not, retard. It's atlus anime garbage with mediocre gameplay

American McGee’s Alice. Maybe nu Doom and Quake have some elements? Metroid Dread is borderline horror with the chase sequences. Nightmare Creatures from psx, Limbo.

Psychonauts (Forma de original) sort of delves into this near the end. Granted it's still a kids game with a cheesy ending but it's written by the Half Life 2 guy so it's exactly what you expect.

Attached: download.jpg (1024x576, 121.51K)

Nightmare creatures does not have sufficient platforming ,or the sections of it are not the focus
But in my mind it's what I'm thinking graphics wise

The eeriness and uncertainty of silent hill transported into 3D platformer. that would be just excellent.

But I wonder what kind of combat system could be used,but not made into the preferred method of playing. Platforming should be the focus. But other than chases and nasty surprises there should be something more

You know I just realized in platformers and in games in general we often face enemies that we can simply climb away from and be out of their reach for good. Even as Raziel when we enter the spider cathedral we can stand on a platform in safety and wait for our heartbeat to normalise,or simply vanish into another dimension.The opponents in 3d platformer horror should play against these rules or gradually violate them

play Eversion

Rayman 2 has a scary chase sequence, fyi.

youtu.be/J0bakSQR6IU

you seem like you're onto something user. why don't you learn programming and make yourself? I'm being 100% serious by the way, it's still the wild west in game development right now. all it takes is one great idea and you're set for life. be the change you want to see.

Prince of persia: warrior within

>all these zoomers itt

Attached: 51V9578GG0L.jpg (412x500, 54.28K)