FINAL FANTASY

This thread is about the latest 16 trailer and what FF fans on Any Forums think about it.

>last FF game(s) you REALLY enjoyed and why you enjoyed it
>your opinion of the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=gV5rIW1Qums

Attached: 1253236819924.jpg (480x435, 29.2K)

>ITS NOT TURN BASED WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO I CANT ACTUALLY PLAY VIDEO GAMES I AM SO ANGRY

Attached: the tism.webm (854x480, 2.46M)

I enjoyed aspects of the atmosphere in FFXV I guess. I liked the roadtrip moments and everything, even if the rest of the game was trash. Otherwise the last FF I enjoyed that wasn't a spinoff or MMO was probably FFIX.

FFXVI looks flashy and fast, I guess. I just have so little interest in FF's more modern "action" focus, where it's almost always this half-baked, wonky ass character action thing that never feels that good. They always try to balance some of the older RPG mechanics in with full action gameplay, and it never feels good. But I'm also one of the annoying fucks that just straight up wishes they'd go back to turn-based combat and stop this bullshit already.

Story seems like it could be genuinely good or complete low fantasy schlock. They're constantly throwing in all this kingdom intrigue between cinematic shots of wars and summons. To which that could hint at a more wartime/political story like Tactics, or if could just be a constant barrage of dull kingdom in-fighting where you can't name one random royal fuck compared to another.

I don't know. I'd be thrilled if it turns out the story and music are good. I can stomach the awkward action combat they do these days if there's something underneath it all. But I'm not really excited. Haven't been since, again, FFIX.

feels like they made it out of obligation to just make a 16th game without any actual reason to

The reason tends to be to make money. Not really sure what kind of reason they need since they're not making a series with a continuous story that they constantly add to or anything.

But I guess yeah, it is an obligation. It's a financial one.

>absolutely beating the dogshit out of enemy
>their healthbar is barely moving
It's all so tiresome.

I'd ask why Square doesn't just try new series under a name not Final Fantasy but then I remember how those games tend to perform even if they're pretty good games. The industry is just way too big right now and the costs are way too high for developing games even if they run on your own, in-house engines. They have to pay the bills and you do that with your biggest names, not passion projects and risky games.

Looks Kino

Attached: picture_ex_01.jpg (3840x2160, 1.44M)

I liked XV so I'll probably like this and I'm getting it for sure. I'm a turn-based kind of guy but I have to say I don't hate the action playstyles. That being said I'm way more excited for the Pixel Remaster because I will take literally any excuse I can to replay FFIV. I just finished a 100% run of the PSP version last year, even got all the rare drops and did the bonus dungeons. God I love that game.

posting spoilers

Attached: anthony-b-raktapaksa-nq.jpg (1000x1434, 393.24K)

FPBP

Not interested in stories about heroes coming from people who aren’t heroes. The real world needs saving.

Friendly reminder. It is predestination.

Attached: ff27.jpg (800x450, 38.69K)

Then do something about it retard

>Good
Visuals and design
Voice acting
Music
>Iffy
No job swapping?
No party members
>Bad
HUD and damage number clutter

>we will NEVER EVER see Project W

I just want the song from the first trailer

Attached: 1598894215251.png (900x1005, 1.51M)

>>last FF game(s) you REALLY enjoyed and why you enjoyed it
Jack's gane the combat was very satisfying to me.
Getting bosses down and soul parrying all their shit and rushing them down with haste feels very satisfying to me.
>>your opinion of the trailer
Looks bretty gud.
I like DMC's combat, but I am a simple UNGAbro so the styling part never really jived with me.
This being DMC, but with less emphasis on getting a highscore sounds pretty good to me.
That being said I am a relatively simple man if the gameplay is good and it has some good tunes to groove on while I play then I am pretty much as satisfied as can be.

It's way too grim dark? It just doesn't feel like a world I'd be interested in experiencing in a JRPG. Also reminds me a lot of the first FF15 trailer we saw which was not a good sign.

>absolutely beating the shit out of the enemy
>slicing them with swords
>shooting with bullets
>calling down meteors to rain down on them
>manifesting magicks and summoning fire or powerful spirits to annihilate them with near nuclear energy
>they look like they take no damage and the world around you is unphased by scarring from the battle

It’s all so tiresome.

I just replayed the x-x2 collection and 100%d it. They really are some of the best games of all time. I also replayed 7-12. Also really fun and enjoyable.

The trailer was alright, I like the focus on the summons and hope they actually do tons of damage. The music is great, really great action and battle music. Don’t know much about the story but I can’t be bothered to watch the first trailer again.

If it’s playstation exclusive I won’t be touching it. Want it on Xbox.

I liked Stranger of Paradise a lot. The combat was fun and the job system was very well done, I enjoyed my time with it and am looking forward to the DLC.

XVI looks pretty good so far, the kaiji style fights are interesting and the combat looks like it could be fun. The team working on it has a lot of people from FFT and FF12 so it gives me a bit of faith that the story will end up being well done and that they'll be able to pull off the darker tone.

I will keep playing the first 6 games only because 2D > 3D, but i guess i am happy for the new fans, but hey if the FF XVII is 2D i will be the first one there to play it.

I don't get it.

>Theathrhythm Curtain Call
>Looks cool

Attached: 1649043740159.png (116x81, 39.51K)

I think it has potential to be good. Looks like its a war setting and while I prefer hero's journey questing with your bros I think that can be done well like FFTactics. The summon pokemon battling with their own fighting game health bars is a strange take on them so I'll reserve judgement until we can see how you use them in combat, could be like FFX. Kind of bummed that it's probably not going to have parties but in an ARPG party members are mostly useless anyways. I just like traveling around with a bunch of different characters. Looks good, I have faith in Yoshi P.

>not turn based
>no niggers
good game

FF7 remake
because it was fun, charismatic characters, great music, lot to look forward to
A little unpolished in the gameplay department but other that it was fine
im genuinely excited

FFXIV: Endwalker
I enjoyed the whole story a lot, the characters were enjoyable to have around. It's a world I wouldn't mind living in.
I think it looks great, FF going a little bit back to it's roots with the medieval fantasy theme. I'm also a big fan of Dragon's Dogma so having the director of that on board just makes me happy. Soken seems like it's gonna deliver with the music in this just from the 2 trailers shown.

Overall looks like it's gonna be waaaaaaaaay better than FFXV.

Attached: FR1YUMCaUAUTcjT.jpg (1134x1758, 172.78K)

>>last FF game(s) you REALLY enjoyed and why you enjoyed it
My favorite FF is V. The last one I really enjoyed was WoFF, though I haven't gotten around to SoP and it seems up my alley for similar reasons. The reasons being I enjoy building characters and finding combos I find fun. I played the SoP demo and saw a lot of promise in the job system and found the gameplay itself enjoyable.
>>your opinion of the trailer
Storywise, it looks interesting enough. I don't mind intrigue and politics in stories if they're written well, which remains to be seen. Gameplaywise, it looks different. Not in a particularly good or bad way, just entirely different. My favorite FF games are the 2D ones, so I'm still lamenting the loss of turn based FF, but I've been lamenting it for two decades at this point. It feels like it's taking Stranger of Paradise as a baseline almost, from the few gameplay snippets they show. Except this time removing the Party Members, removing the job system, and adding more what looks like combo modifiers or combo opportunities. It sounds obvious, but it looks like the difference between Nioh and DMC, for better or for worse. And I can only pray the Summon fights won't be what they look like, which are just slapfights with minute-long cutscenes for every attack.
It's not up my alley, but I do hope it's at least good. The side games and spin-offs are what keep the spirit of old FF alive for me, and I can't have those if the main series tanks. It would be nice for them to have their first "win" in mainline since, what, X? XII was alright, but I feel like X was the last time I can remember there being any actual acclaim to the mainline series. Yes, XIV too, but I just can't in good faith count MMOs. I've had too many years of them destroying friends to not be biased against them.