Games with relatively decent story, well designed characters, fun gameplay, great music...

>games with relatively decent story, well designed characters, fun gameplay, great music, and a tone you can actually take seriously at any given moment is considered the "dark age"
>10 years of "baldy nosehair" and other bullshit that doesn't even fit in a McDonald's advertisement is considered high quality and genre defining
What fresh hell are we living in Any Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 109.9K)

I'm not reading this revisionist babble. Starting with '06 is the Dark Age with Generations and Mania as the two outliers.

the irony era
you're not allowed to take anything seriously unless its super edgy r18+

Generations is just as shit as the rest but gets a pass because of fake nostalgiafags that never played a 2D sonic game in their life

>relatively decent story
>well designed characters
>fun gameplay
>a tone you can actually take seriously at any given moment
I'll give you music but you are hilariously wrong on everything else

Attached: 200w.gif (200x150, 2.06M)

>games with relatively decent story, well designed characters, fun gameplay, great music, and a tone you can actually take seriously at any given moment
what the fuck are you talking about

Attached: DAW6WxhXcAAY17G.jpg (500x310, 22.04K)

The dark age started in 2003 at the absolute most generous you could be, hasn't ended yet, and likely won't ever end

Claiming the boost era is widely considered "high quality" is a stretch, to claim people think those games are "genre defining" is an outright lie. There are some good boost games, but the praise for that era of the series is fueled in large part because they stand in contrast to the string of abhorrent games that preceded them.

I can tell you with absolute confidence that 06 is only shit on so bad because of the meme. If given some more time for polish, it might not necessarily have been good, but it would have been generally decent. Take a look at P06 sometime. Some dude basically remade the game for pc, and aside from a few tweaks here and there, it's fundamentally the same.

Attached: j2ut434ovz331.jpg (640x640, 71.86K)

>If given some more time for polish,
Lol

Your confidence is misplaced. Sonic 06 is shit on because the game runs and plays like shit, the field zones and everything that encompasses the structure outside the action stages are terrible, many of the action stages are also terrible, the game is ugly both graphically and aesthetically, and the story contains all of the worst aspects of the Adventure tone with none of the charm. It goes beyond needing "polish", a finished Sonic 06 would have been bad at best. Not mediocre, not decent. It would still have been the worst 3D Sonic game released at least up until Boom.

It's silly that P06 gets such good reputation when it's just a level select for '06. I actually use the level select of '06 to replay sonic levels once in a while because they're actually good.
Sonic 2006 was panned because of the city sections, Shadow and Silver. P06 Shadow is still shit to play too, can't imagine they'll fix Silver either.

There is nothing that tickles me more than you retards pretending Sonic's hallmark-tier inspirational quotes from the storybook games are worth propping up.

Shadow to Dark Knight is the Dark Age.
Colors to Team Sonic Racing is the Meta Age.

Behold the phenomenal story and thought provoking dialogue Sega crafted with expertise in 2003....

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96.84K)

>10 years of "baldy nosehair" and other bullshit that doesn't even fit in a McDonald's advertisement is considered high quality and genre defining
Get with the times idiot. Everyone hates that shit now.

From my experience people only really like Colors and Generations out of those 10 years and it's solely for the gameplay not the writing
>Team Sonic Racing
What was Meta in this one?
I played it in JP so I avoided any wacky jokes the localization team put in
The cast was still very flanderized though

Attached: Untitled44_20220602225948.png (1366x768, 227.84K)

Any Forums stopped playing games a long time ago. But I agree Sonic stopped being excellent a long time ago. After Sonic 06 was a massive failure, it was been downhill with trying to make gimmicks into everything. Forces is doing the same thing but with the open world. Unleash is an excellent game, but the wearhog isn't. SEGA is worried about not having gimmicks since their old formula was killed with 06.

lmao not even. Sonic Generations has the best designed stages and controls of the boost games because it continued with what worked in Unleashed. It even has actual slope physics on modern Sonic like the Adventure and Genesis games before it. Although like Adventure the game never encourages players to use them.

It only has half decent physic with mods, regular Generations has shit physic for modern and god awful physic for classic