This series gets a lot of shit but when you think about it there are a lot of good games

This series gets a lot of shit but when you think about it there are a lot of good games.

1, 2, 3, 4, Brotherhood, Unity, Origins, Odyssey, probably more I haven’t played, all good games.

Why the hate?

Attached: 73C7B7D7-9E17-4D98-AF86-F2E05BAAA285.jpg (1136x997, 357.05K)

>Why the hate?
It's the same boring formula over and over and over and over and over.

Because Any Forums is brain dead and will shit everything that doesn't says fromsoftware in the box

is there torrents of the old ones that dont trigger all the antiviruses?

>games
They're all essentially the same game. There's a trickle of new features but it's mostly just a new coat of paint every game.

after an hour or two you already experienced everything the game has to offer

Because many of them are extremely similar to the last, there are slight variations between each game, so as a consequence there are games that scratch a certain itch for people. However, certain games are also bogged down by having less shit in general that makes them stand out.
For being story driven games, the story sucks across the board and the voice acting/direction is mediocre at best.

>1
Is only good for it's story, world, lore building, and characters. The gameplay itself sucks ass and is super repetitive.

>3
Takes forever to get going and the story quality is all over the place. Also has a shit unsatisfying conclusion to the plot built up from 1 and 2.

>Unity
Non stop parade of bugs makes it unplayable

>Odyssey
Bloated to hell with it's content, also cringy writing with Kassandra

As other anons mentioned, the formula for these games are pretty much the same for each. The only reason to play them is because you aren't tired of the formula they present or you enjoy the history and accurate worlds they have.

I'm playing Origins now and I'm loving it. Is Odyssey as good?

>Odyssey
>good

>Why the hate?
Because Ubisoft squanders the potential of every game.

i've heard Rogue is also quite good

The consensus I see is that Odyssey has better gameplay and side content at the expense of having a worse story and world than Origins.

Unity was awful for a long time, but after a year of patches it is legitimately playable. Still not great though lol.

What series has ever changed it's formula?

The gameplay is better than Origins however it suffers from overbloat and diablo loot (imo)

Revelations is such a good game with the best story in the series. No idea why it is constantly overlooked.

Have you been sleeping under a rock nigger dayum.

Attached: 4f298df6d7b1ae84d69d9eb61998b6e4.png (149x185, 32.68K)

>MC jumps ship because of a misunderstanding
>plays like an Assassin instead of doing something unique as a Templar
>newly introduced old civ tech contradicts previous lore and interviews claiming they'll tone down this kind of shit
it was alright, but could have been better.

I haven't played any since Revelations.

The new ones look good but them copying Witcher-style combat doesn't feel right for the franchise to me. Are they good though?

You can have fun with the exception of origins.

Yes they are. The world is especially well done in Origins.

The gameplay is better because of abilities but it's a mess in the world design, repetition, next to none of your choices matter, the tombs are just the same snake maze repeated like 30 times, the procedural content is mind numbing once you realize how it works, and you can't be a jack-of-all-trades anymore but instead you need to specialize unless you use one specific build. This means you're going to be unable to assassinate in an AC game unless you spec specifically into Assassin damage. It's not like Origins where you can just buff the Hidden Blade. They also made bows pure garbage unless you pump Hunter damage significantly. Diablo loot is important to pay attention to and you can't just equip random garbage later in the game.

For me it's easily one of the worst games in the series.

I think everyone was tired of Ezio and fifteenth century religious setting after 2 and Brotherhood. I remember when Revelations came out and had that cool trailer with Woodkid, but even at the time I felt like it was just Ubisoft practicing a soulless yearly release cycle with Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood released a year after 2.