Why did Capcom take the hyper realism pill when it makes everything look like unadulterated ass?

Why did Capcom take the hyper realism pill when it makes everything look like unadulterated ass?

Attached: wtf.png (1105x1470, 1.47M)

I hate what they did to Leon. He looks like a weak sóyboy faggot.

His face looks slightly more Asian, it's like the used that software that mixes two pictures

is that alex battaglia

Attached: file.png (900x900, 472.19K)

Leon is grown ass adult with cringy emo boy hair. He's always looked like that.

I kinda wish they went the modern Final Fantasy way and made the characters more anime looking

Zoomer hacks calling themselves "developers" can't create art no more. They can only utilize automatic, procedural tools, pre-made asset libraries, and 3D photo scanning.
These babies would CRY if you'd ask them to box-model a sub-10k MC model with only hand-drawn sub-1024^2 diffuse maps as textures.

tl;dr: Artistry and passion is dead within the AAA industry.

Attached: re4 leon kennedy.jpg (1280x720, 93.31K)

Torres?

Attached: Fernando_Torres_2017.jpg (329x452, 83.23K)

I don't have a problem with the visuals so far but I do think the voice acting that was in the trailer sucked

>"why did Capcom take the hyper realism pill"
>shows a game that was considered cutting edge realism in 2005
Wow, really makes you think huh?

oh Leon looks cooler tho

The difference is that even at that time it wasn't lazy ass face scan of some shitter and then upload it as a 3D model
It was an actual artist and design team working to make an approximation of stylized realism which is completely different

what is even the point of this remake if you're not a zoomer? if you want better graphics just play the HD texture mod. its just because zoomer brains can't handle no shooting while moving?

>They can only utilize automatic, procedural tools, pre-made asset libraries, and 3D photo scanning
this 100x percent, its honestly no wonder why so many games after the ps2 era has felt so generic

That entire Leon PTSD monologue in the trailer is more cringe than anything in any RE before.

If they ruin his hair I'm going to fucking riot.
Leon's RE4 hair is my religion.

Attached: fdp.jpg (538x522, 32.76K)

someone at capcom has a serious cleft chin fetish. every fucking character, male or female, has one in all of their recent games, regardless of whether they did or not in past games. I'm sick of everyone turning into handsome squidward. ;_;

>His face looks slightly more Asian
What ? his face model is Romanian

Attached: leon.jpg (800x504, 115.46K)

Old Leon looked a bit better but it's not a crazy difference.

but why that butt chin?

They've been basing the character faces off of real life people since REmake, face scanning has just made the process slightly easier.
You're coping hard.

Attached: file.png (3464x3464, 3.89M)

The butt chin is about the only thing more soulful on the new leon model

lol
lmao

Attached: 1654211378193.png (624x400, 146.3K)

>They've been basing the character faces off of real life people since REmake
Onimusha, actually.

>game opens with leon monologuing about his internal pain instead of a fourth wall breaking joke
I can already see where this shit is going. They're going to remove the Salazar mech too, 100%.

Attached: 1592510073700.gif (384x216, 592.96K)

key word to me being "basing off"
that gen of capcom games always knew where to chase realism and where to simplify or idealise
you take what you want for the end result too look good and support what you're going for and leave out what you don't want or detracts from it

that's why 4 to 6 still look fucking amazing today
because some of those darn gooks approached Ada's face like a goddamn Pygmalion master