Why couldn't this be turn based? I'm sick of this shit, viiR is an action game, stranger of paradise is an action game...

Why couldn't this be turn based? I'm sick of this shit, viiR is an action game, stranger of paradise is an action game, can we just get one big budget turn based rpg for fucks sake?

Attached: wF6uanBePdYdLdkMtteWGL-1200-80.png (1200x675, 524.86K)

It was turn based back in 2013.

But FFXV came out and made everything real-time. No one complained about real-time FFXV so now we have real-time FFXVI.

I'd say you always have Dragon Quest but we'll see what they do with XII first.

They want to appeal to appeal to the masses these days in order to make as much money as possible.

turn based cucks btfo
action combat chads rise up

>Why couldn't this be turn based?
turn based is boring

Attached: 47_wa2000.jpg (1200x755, 95.85K)

atb is not turn-based

There hasn’t been a turn-based FF game in over 20 years. If you want to play turn-based, go for Dragon Quest, Octopath, or Bravely.

Attached: 1444067660609.jpg (536x478, 52.55K)

At least I hope it'll be a competent action game unlike FF15

All games will be the same game from now on and you will like it, chud

Bravely Default is the "classic FF" series now, dawg.

zzzzzzzzzz you make me snooze boomer

Because turn based is for DQ and SaGa - why can't you guys understand this simple fact? You also have Like a Dragon which is a turn based series now - and Persona. As well as Bravely although that kinda went to shit. We also have Sony bringing back Wild ARMS.

I'm willing to bet 90% of my possessions you weren't bitching for the last 2 decades when FF wasn't a turn based franchise

Turn based FF is FINISHED!!

>what is Dragon Quest
Retard

Wait for FFIX REMAKE, this garbage company will never deliver on big budget ATB FF game

i love turn based RPGs but FF has strayed from turn based from FF4 on with the ATB shit. there are only two FF games that actually gave a shit about making the gameplay good, 5 and 10. for FF, the gameplay was usually very secondary to the story and cinematics. thus, for FF, what the gameplay really is doesnt matter all that much.

however, there is a reason RPGs are in particular story heavy, and that is because customization and levelling makes you connect with the characters more and gets you invested into the plot. i am concerned that the lack of party members and the DMC sandbag combat is going to make the game feel shallow.

now if dragon quest abandoned turn based combat, you can absolutely seethe and throw a tantrum and i would too, but with FF its whatever. for FF gamepaly wasnt central to its identity.

Attached: baba sleep.jpg (960x720, 47.38K)

>dragon quest
>cartoony, designed for children, medium budget slogs plagued with toriyama sameface
keep your abortion of a franchise to yourself, fag

>dragon quest
>greatest video game franchise of all time, multiple masterpieces, most influential video game in japan and most dominant culturally
>final fantasy
>the video game equivalent of a blockbuster movie

>turn based rpg
dead genre

Attached: 677565.jpg (619x507, 87.15K)

it actually kind of had a resurgance as of late. 10 years ago turn based games would rarely sell above a million copies, now every big release easily passes that.

Im sick and tired of you faggots always keeping game development back asking for outdated, but most importantly unexplored genre like turn based.

>b-b-b-but MUH STRATEGY
If you want turn based on FF again, then i guess what you want is FF to be like IV, VI, VII again. And then i ask you...really? wheres the actual strategy in those games? they are painfully easy, very limited in what you can actually do and they are a product of their time. No reason to go back to something so, so outdated.
Action games, specially RPG ones, have evolved a lot these days. They are not just attack and heavy attack and dodge, as you faggots probably think they are. They are far more challenging, engaging, and customizable than any of those old turn based games you wish. So why? why ask for regression?
At least, if you dont have a reason, just just say "i prefer turn based because it is slower". Perfectly understandable.
What i DONT accept is to call action RPGs nowadays to be "button mashers" or "no strategy at all" because thats just hasnt been true for quite some time.
Just say you prefer turn based because you like turn based. Thats it.
Go play persona and pretend you are thinking and creating strategies, when in reality you are just watching cutscenes and hold rise (cute smooth) hand. Just go play DQ11 and play the same game for the 11th time. Stop asking for an evolving genre to stop evolving and go back.

Attached: 1645548912080.jpg (996x911, 105.72K)

Yakuza 7 was a big budget turn based rpg

i finished all from software games, i played all yakuza games, i finished bayonetta and dmc1 and 3, i finished final fantasy vii r and i still prefer turn based games.
>If you want turn based on FF again, then i guess what you want is FF to be like IV, VI, VII again. And then i ask you...really? wheres the actual strategy in those games? they are painfully easy, very limited in what you can actually do and they are a product of their time. No reason to go back to something so, so outdated.
these games are actually legitimately easy as fuck and totally lack strategy, but that is not because they are turn-based, but because they are FF. in general, SNES turn based RPGs were much more simple, and you are right if you are comparing modern action games with turn based RPGs of old and then say modern action games are more complex. but you have to compare modern turn based with modern action, and if you do that i do not think that action games are actually more complex, especially when shit like elden ring is widely praised.
>They are far more challenging
absolutely not. almost all action games can be easily broken and cheesed, just like turn-based ones. i play both and i do not particulary feel more challenged in a hard action game compared to a hard turn based game.
>At least, if you dont have a reason, just just say "i prefer turn based because it is slower". Perfectly understandable.
no, its simply fun to customize, come up with plans and strategies, and have those strategies come to fruition. you are right that they are nonexistent in final fantasy of old, but even DQ11 allows you some creativity through party composition, skill trees and the right strategies to come up with a plan and that is inherently fun. how can you not understand that?

you literally jerk yourself off for playing "challenging" games for being able to pass rudimentary reaction and reflex tests. elden ring isnt harder than etrian odyssey, SMT or SaGa.

Blame everyone that wanted an action Final Fantasy game when Advent Children came out.