Zero Escape series

What the FUCK did I just play. I thought Kodaka is a hack, but that's a new fucking level.

Attached: 496a5ec6e8bdcb48c714b6f8ed3f9278.png (600x900, 819.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jE-KNdfiPfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pure unadulterated kino.
It was just out of your field of vision I guess...

A shit sendoff to a decent series.

999 is the only good game in the series

Play World's End Club for the next level even beyond ZTD.

999 ending was bad enough, but it only got worse with each installment. Fuck Akane, and more importantly fuck Sigma, should've cut off his own dick.

Attached: simply unfair.jpg (2560x1440, 193.9K)

>The game was directed by Kotaro Uchikoshi, Takumi Nakazawa, and Kazutaka Kodaka
Do you want me do die from hacc overdose?

What's the matter, too complex for you?

Attached: 1487047088714.jpg (1000x853, 55.8K)

I thought the 999 ending was fine, what's your issue with it? VLR was a pain to get through and the twist needing a novel-level explanation was irritating, otherwise, it was ok.

Now that I'm done seething, I have some questions.
1 - Where the FUCK is Kyle and what happened to him at the end of VLR? And what the FUCK is him, exactly?
2 - What happened to Eric's brother? Is he Delta's step-brother?
3 - What happened to FBI-whatever stuff Clover, All-ice and co. were involved into?
Complex motives my ass

Attached: jelly.jpg (2560x1440, 362.78K)

VLR is better in almost every way, ignoring pacing. I will die on this hill.

>Where the FUCK is Kyle and what happened to him at the end of VLR? And what the FUCK is him, exactly?
Non-canon metafiction
youtube.com/watch?v=jE-KNdfiPfI
>What happened to Eric's brother? Is he Delta's step-brother?
He died. No, just some random guy.
>What happened to FBI-whatever stuff Clover, All-ice and co. were involved into?
Nothing, he completely dropped the entire plot thread.

Attached: 1470830807326.png (634x524, 62.27K)

1. Nothing, he served no purpose beyond being a 2 parter twist with K.
2. Check 1. A plot device to serve as the reason Eric was such a retard.
3. It was just an explanation for how Alice and Clover got involved with the Ambidex game.

I hate when mysteries drag in retarded concepts like >muh mindhacc and >muh fields. I stop believing in them. I was even ok with Alice being a frozen mummy, but time travel to save your childhood friend is just a b-movie tier move. Not no mention the whole >6 bil people. That's one of reasons why I liked Junpei's development in ZTD, but then he got back to simping.
That being said, Zero Escape as a whole reminds me of DR3 the anime, and not in a good way.

>Non-canon metafiction
What a wasted potential. K didn't deserve this bullshit.

>Nothing, he completely dropped the entire plot thread.
Christ. It was really just a bait for people to buy VLR for big and complex tits, wasn't it?

the cruise ship death game is way more atmospheric than the moon base
i don't give a fuck if it's "generic" or a ripoff of something else, it's just better

This. 999 was a really good mystery story, until the very end.

I played the DS version first, so maybe that's why, but I think it worked really well, and I don't take issue with time travel plots as long as the devs don't try to overexplain how it works and inevitably fuck it up (part of why I hate the VLR ending).

Neither 999 nor VLR really manage to give you a sense of place though. You basically forget you're in a sinking ship after an hour in 999 and you don't even know where the fuck you are in VLR until the very end.
I'll agree that the titanic setting is more compelling but it barely matters in game and VLRs characters and minduckery are miles above 999.

Oh man, that fucking game. Cringe overload.

I'd say that even IF Akane would've solve the puzzle in her past, and then die, making her sacrifice for Junpey, that plot could've been salvageable. That would've give enough motivation for both Junpey and Santa for next games, but remove a very convenient plot device that is Mary Sue.

>mindfuckery
it's stock anime writing tho
dude prisoner's dilemma lmao
the only cool thing they do with it is when you go back in the timeline and another character somehow changes their vote against you

2D>3D. VLR’s models are an eyesore