Why did people think this for so long when the PS2's launch line up was genuinely excellent?

Why did people think this for so long when the PS2's launch line up was genuinely excellent?

Attached: file.png (856x713, 849.74K)

Author is clearly a fan of another platform and making an article to enrage fans.

Those games are doodoo.

>posting a screencap of a clickbait article from 2 years ago
Any Forums really is a cesspit for shitposting.

Majority are fucking children who know little else.

When people think of "ps2 launch" they think of this image, but the ps2 didn't come out in late 2001 like the gamecube/xbox did - it came out the previous year in 2000 and for that first year it was just ps1 games with slightly better graphics and shit that only an extremely niche audience would care for like evergrace.

It's the same thing as the ps1. People don't remember it launched in fucking 1994 with no real games, they remember it from 96/97 when it had tons of great stuff coming out

Attached: playstation-2-fall-2001.original_jpg.jpg (1024x901, 456.69K)

I liked Kessen

People love to be revisionist and only remember the good and use it as a base for comparison

Ridge Racer V, Tekken Tag, Armored Core and Eternal Ring are all great launch titles. I think Timesplitters was one too so I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with these people.

>When people think of "ps2 launch" they think of this image
They don't, they think of this image which has:
>a new street fighter
>a new tekken game
>3 fromsoft games
>a new rockstar game
>ssx
>time splitters
>a new ridge racer
>dead or alive
all great games. Don't be a revisionist and make up some stupid shit like that.

Attached: file.png (640x920, 863.6K)

Imagine thinking Street Fighter EX3 or that Fromsoft shovelware is good.

>those games are good but imagine if they weren't now who looks dumb!
what an argument.

ex3 is good, momentary combos are a mechanic that should be in every fighter

>Eternal Ring
>Bad
You will pay for your impudence

Those games were shit. Everybody knew it at the time. Only now do people pretend old From Software games are good because of their 2010 and beyond output.

>a new street fighter
Fucking SF EX32 aka pure liquid shit
>3 fromsoft games
as if that name meant anything prior to fucking dark souls besides maybe some Armored core games
>a new tekken game
fucking tekken tag yeah

Are people really that blinded by nostalgia?

>Those games were shit
Say it with some confidence instead of this womanly "ummm ummiumm imagine!!!" you fucking faggot. You've already proved yourself submissive and subservient, so shut the fuck up.

There are people who thought the launch year of the switch was 'kinda weak'. Even though it is by far its best year and perhaps even the only truly good year it ever had.

why would I spend 100s of dollars on a new console to play ridge racer 5 when 4 is a more asthetically pleasing game with way more tracks/cars and near identical gameplay? why would I spent 100's of dollars on tekken tag when I already have tekken 3? Why do I need to bother with eternal ring when I already have kings field?

it was all stuff that was marginally better then late ps1 games but for way more money, or tech demos.

Because you wanted a DVD player.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and people alwyas love to imagine that the past was this fantastic crapless flow of masterpieces day 1. Switch had some killer first year releases

Tekken tag isn't tekken 3 you retard.

That hoverboard game was kino.

kek, your parents couldn't afford one.

Seethe harder. Games were good.

Attached: AC2cover.jpg (800x1132, 202.55K)

SSX, TimeSplitters and Midnight Club unironicly are solid launch titles
they where all just overshadowed by their widely improved sequels

Attached: Midnight_Club_-_Street_Racing_Coverart.jpg (300x350, 112.24K)

Tranny games

ps2 launched woth dozens of games
that shit doesnt happen anymore. you gey one big game and 20 remasters that cost 70 bucks

>SSX
>Ridge Racer V
>Tekken Tag
>Kessen
>Smuggler’s Run
>Midnight Club
>Armored Core 2
>TimeSplitters
>Madden 2001 when Madden was good

The PS2 launch actually was good though. Stuff like SSX was a generation ahead and TTT was an excellent port. Plus it played all PSX games. That said yes in six months you started to see the 10/10 games drop.

The Orphen game was pretty alright man, played it a lot. I still have the disc because I keep shit like that.

I swear zoomers don't understand that Sony legit priced the PS2 cheaper than a lot of their own DVD players to get it in as many households as possible.

I got one at launch for my birthday, shit was cash. Seethe more.

>say it with some confidence
He was mocking you for thinking they weren't shit, if anyone's being a fucking woman here it's you for ascribing emotion that isn't there to attack instead of the argument. Kill yourself today.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SSX

Attached: DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL.png (435x321, 206.61K)

This, and if you think this wasn't a big deal then you were too young or weren't born yet. It worked on so many households. It's how I got my parents to buy it. They paid for half and I used my birthday/christmas money for my half.

Warriors games were fucking rad as hell, coming from the PS1 era.

>What are rageclick articles

>ughhh just IMAGINE it okay?????
faggot, take your purse and get the fuck out of my thread.

AirBlade?

Attached: Airblade[1].jpg (3225x2156, 1.29M)

NOOOO MY REVISONISM, DELTE THIS!!! MODS!!!
Fun posting aside, PS2 had a lot of great games from the begining same as the PS1, and the game cube and the N64 and wtf happened to the PS5?

Attached: 1652210343047.jpg (672x1354, 158.53K)

>new street fighter
ex3 lmao
>tekken
shitty tech demo that looks worse than DC soul calibur
>3 fromsoft games
armored core was the only good one and it's way too niche to salvage the rest
>new rockstar game
cool! a tech demo AND a reskin of midtown madness 2!
>ssx
eh
>timesplitters
one game
>ridge racer
straight downgrade from type 4
>DOA
worse than the dreamcast version
the dreamcast lineup destroyed this games wise but the ps2's launch was exactly when games stopped being important and normalfaggot shit took over

>PS2 had a lot of great games from the begining same as the PS1
Now that is just not true at all.

What the fuck else was I going to play?
Gaylo?

It is true, you need to cope.

it wasn't journos' precious mario and zelda, so it must be bad.

>all these games that absolutely no one fucking talks about outside of AC2 and TimeSplitters are actually great... um.... yeah so the launch year was epic!
Fucking lol