"Open world" hate thread

"Open world" hate thread

Attached: nothing.png (1280x719, 760.95K)

>is that... A rural landscape???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

I'm so tired of them, it's a lazy way to pad your games with meaningless content. They may last 50-100 hours but they're a numbing 100 hours that you leave behind feeling nothing when it is over.

Why are you fags agraid of openworld games? Don't like the idea of going outside?

BOTW is not open world.

Open world is so much better than linear bullshit. I'm sick of you contrarians that pretend otherwise.

How to "fix" the open world:
>create various natural laws
>create relations between these laws
>apply to the map
>let the player study/discover these laws and apply them to the gameplay

For example:
>blue mushrooms only grow near water and at high altitudes
>player gets a quest to collect blue mushrooms
>he goes looking for high places with water bodies to explore

>This was considered open world according to boomers in 1998

Attached: d73c2fc3-bf5c-4b20-9832-a56fa43578a5[1].jpg (910x512, 61.41K)

Attached: 7E2A0326-A2BC-400A-AAE6-EBCEF9FE1873.png (446x444, 13.2K)

>tes nirnroot quests

Thank God you're not a AAA game designer. I got a better idea than gay blue mushrooms: a fun game.

Hi ubisoft.

Elden Ring is a 6/10, 6.5 max

Studying nature and discovering its laws is a fun thing.
The devs just need to make laws that are complex and interesting. The blue mushroom example is just for retards to understand how a basic law works, the important thing is to generate new laws that combine with existing ones and generate a whole ecosystem that makes sense.

>tell me you don't know anything about game design without telling me you don't know anything about game design

HYRULE FIELD IS A FIELD?!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Attached: 1565666305240.png (808x805, 384.48K)

What fucking autism is this lmao?

"Open World" has been the end-point dream of video games since the 1980's.

Pleb.

There is content everywhere.

Attached: m33.jpg (1920x1080, 332.49K)

thanks user I needed a good laugh

to be fair hyrule field has always been shit even pre-open world. going back and forth across it hundreds of times in OoT prevents that game from ever being a perfect 10

MAN I SURE DO LOVE BUSY WORK AND HALF-ASSED CRAFTING SYSTEMS! YOU SEE THOSE GEMS!? THERE’S A RETARDED SKILL TREE TO USE THEM ON! NOW CLIMB THE TOWER YOU CONSUMER WHORE!

>going back and forth across it hundreds of times in OoT prevents that game from ever being a perfect 10

The sense of scale of was incredible in 1998. Running out onto Hyrule Field for the first time felt like entering a new era of gaming.

If your open world is going to be a bunch of empty fields with copy paste content at least do like Witcher 3 and Elden Ring and have a magic teleport horse, doesn't make it any more fun but at least its not a complete fucking slog to traverse. BotW has one but its locked behind DLC.

This scares the millennial city dwelling wagecuck and the zoomers who kneel for shitskins.

lol are you retarded? BotW has 120 warp points all over the fucking map.

i can go outside for free because i'm not a soi urban bugman. i don't need to pay $60 for a boring simulation of walking in a grass field.

What is it?

>Running out onto Hyrule Field for the first time felt like entering a new era of gaming.
Naw.

>i don't need to pay $60 for a boring simulation of walking in a grass field

Nah you'd rather pay $60 for a simulation of walking down corridors.

If you don't see a possible adventure in that image is your disadvantage.
Only boring people get bored.