I'm downloading the STALKER bundle on steam for 15 dollars. Which mods are recommended, where do I get them...

I'm downloading the STALKER bundle on steam for 15 dollars. Which mods are recommended, where do I get them, and how do I install them? Thank you very much

Attached: 1653096579720.jpg (640x478, 77.55K)

goold?

Attached: c1ed4d0f1302054db4d1ed08b2b846e6ff304a03_00.jpg (512x287, 16.73K)

no mods, hardest difficulty

its fun

I'm looking for mods that make it look a little prettier, and maybe quality of life, where do I find them and install? Please help me kind sir or ma'am

none

You will play the slavjank as is and you will like it

I didn't think the game downloads would be so small, only 17g for all three

idk lol just play it normal

Attached: 1649897695444.png (483x638, 180.57K)

No mods
Skip CS

AMK AE for SoC

Zone Reclamation Project is the bare minimum you should get for Shadow of Chernobyl. For better graphics Absolute Nature and Asolute Structure were my picks but there are ton of them. Also copy your saves before entering Prypiet city because all my saves deleted themself randomly when wandering there. Still currently replaying it.

Play in the release order.
Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first;
these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods.
Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

Where should I go for mods? I have a nice PC and wanna make the game real purdy

>paying for STALKER
you already entering the game with the wrong kind of mind set

That's just goes to show how absolutely BLOATED the game sizes have become in the past 15 years.
It was not uncommon to still get games on a single DVD (4.7GB) back in the early 00s, but now it's rare to get an AAA game less than 25 gigabytes. The worst ones are already approaching 200gigs.

Attached: CODpcSize.jpg (741x858, 196.85K)

My dad learned me to not be a thief, also I'm white.

Google.
All the necessary ones are on Moddb.com.

The stock games are already very nice looking IMO.
Yeah, "dated" by modern standards, but the lighting especially is very atmospheric (sometimes outright photorealistic), and the texture work is very sharp and detailed.

Attached: Those tiles! SoC Vanilla.jpg (1600x1200, 249.35K)

>15 dollaridoodaas
>for stalkers
>when the OG company and crew have gone belly up
but why? its basically abandonware at this point

Are the mods there safe? How do I go about installing them? Thank you

>texture resolution goes up drastically
>more complex rendering techniques requires multiple material layers for each texture
>significantly higher polycount models
>omg brosssss why aren't games 10gb anymore?

Attached: 1623468096322.png (213x201, 11.43K)

>Go through a star gate
>Hesitate for a second
>Get amputated
Thanks ancients.

i thought OP's image was a dual wielding fps, only to see it's a stargate edit

holy fuck you zoomers are retarded

Honestly the only thing dated about stalker graphics are the character models and some of the guns which looked like shit in 2007 too. the lighting is still absolutely stunning 15 years later

I'm 36, I'm new to PC games, it took no effort to not be a nigger, but you put the effort in

you're 36 years old and you need 15 year olds on Any Forums to spoon feed you? Not something you should feel pride in

Yet prev-gen games look visually more pleasing and yet noisy, with far superior performance to boot.
The GenZ hacks calling themselves "developers" just can't into optimization and art-style.

I especially hate how we no longer got proper AA (no, TAA is a cancer,) and how all the shading and transparency is now done with 1-bit masks with heavy dithering; shit's like 1980s tech.

Attached: yakuza 0 vs Kiwami2 alpha maps - hair - dithering.jpg (1856x1068, 1.09M)

>want thing
>thing costs money
>pay money
>get thing
Not everyone is autistic enough to do a thorough background research on every person involved in the development of the original game and dig for any public information about possible contractual obligations concerning revenue split of the game's profits and any potential royalty payments in order to know who gets how much money out of fifteen fucking bucks every time they want to get a game.

>Are the mods there safe?
Why wouldn't they be?
Sorry, you're a mere year older than I am, but your IQ reeks of a 5 year old.

>How do I go about installing them?
Google or READ THE STALKER GUIDE at Failing that, Youtube.

Attached: STALKER SoC HUD guide_1.jpg (1440x810, 389.91K)

>those jaggies
>UHHHH IF YOU RUN NEW GAME AT 800x600 LOW SETTINGS AND DISABLE ALL FORMS OF ANTI ALIASING IT LOOKS UGLIER THAN OLD GAME AT MAX SETTINGS 4K RES
Nevermind the fact the hair on the right still looks more natural, on the left if you look closely at the hair you see it looks clumpy and bends in weird sharp angles because it's really a very simple texture mapped into a low polygon mesh.