Metal Gear Acid 1/2 are so fucking sick, it's such a shame they've faded into obscurity...

Metal Gear Acid 1/2 are so fucking sick, it's such a shame they've faded into obscurity, not even professed "die-hard metal gear fans" have played them.

Attached: 657294.jpg (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Didn't appreciate them much as a kid, but played it years later on emulator and the gameplay was extremely compelling.

Would definitely play if they continued the series.

Attached: 43362-metal-gear-ac-d-psp-front-cover.jpg (591x1013, 117.35K)

I had MGA2 and enjoyed it. "Turn-based card-based grid-based tactical stealth" sounds about as convoluted as an MGS plot, though.

Also, shoutouts to the scientist lady whose breasts jiggled every time a scene started.

If it would come out in some other format I'd be all over it.
I don't know what the retardation is that some things produced on those UMDs just fucking stay there and never go digital.
Same problem with crisis core.

Attached: PXL_20220527_182720645.jpg (4032x3024, 1.52M)

>"die-hard metal gear fans"
they haven't even played MGS on PS1

so Portable Ops Plus - does it come after Portable Ops, or is it the first game + extra content?

IIRC the former

Finding out that you're not playing as the real Solid Snake really pissed me off as a kid. I suppose that's how the fags who hated Raiden in MGS2 must have felt.

When was the last time you played it? Because for the longest time I thought this was the case too, but then I replayed it recently and it's not quite what that is. It's the real Snake alright, but he's been implanted with the memories of the REAL Hans Davis who is....well, that's an even bigger spoiler.

Shit, haven't played it in a long time. PSP has been dead for over a decade at least. Guess I could emulate it.

I played it on emulator too, runs fantastico. Give it a try, I guarantee it's a better game than you remember.

Will do. My fondest memories of the game were the gravure videos, but I always suspected I was too shit at the game to properly enjoy it.

That and for MGA2, you'd need the Solid Eye (tm) to view the gravure videos proper. It's OK though you can find them on youtube.

This for Acid 2 or 1? I might play it, but maybe only one of them. Unless I HAVE to play 1 to truly appreciate 2, which I hope is not the case.

You can go into either of them cold, MGA2 is mostly its own thing and the events of MGA1 are only background stuff in it. I don't think playing 1 is a requirement for appreciating 2, but hey, if you played one of them and really liked it, you should definitely give the other a try. They both stand very well on their own, for slightly different reasons.

Cool, downloading __both___, nice to have something to play this weekend.

Don't be surprised if you're tempted to replay one of 'em again after finishing, since they both have new game+.

I remember getting mad at 2's cartoony artstyle compared to 1's realistic look which is what MG is often like but the game had so much clntent and fun stuff anyway you couldn't help but play it a lot

Yeah, I prefer 1's aesthetic and story over 2's, but 2 is more of a fleshed-out game overall. I appreciate that they were willing to make such a big change in art style though, it was definitely something interesting for a metal gear game.

sony x konami means the games will be trapped forever on their ancient platforms

Good thing we have emulation. Honestly, the PSP has one of the best gaming libraries in history, it'd have been a shame if no one took the time to preserve all this shit, because for some reason no big wig corp is bothering to.