Why modern games can't into physics? It feel like Painkiller and Half Life 2 are still the last improvment we've made

Why modern games can't into physics? It feel like Painkiller and Half Life 2 are still the last improvment we've made.

Attached: ed9BhGUb6N522KYW.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

Looks like a deliberate design decision.

Baked lighting requires all affected objects to be static. Realtime ray tracing was supposed to change that.

I think youre right but I'm not a fan. Sonic Utopia was simple and kind of ugly but I think the sense of speed and momentum were much better than what was showing in frontiers

no one actually cares about this shit

because they are much more interested in you seeing every detail of a horse's sweaty nutsack

>I was expecting the new Sonic game to be good
This truly is the 'Charlie Brown kicking the football' of vidya.

UBISOFT HAMSTER WHEELS

Attached: 1159693659681.jpg (350x272, 82.33K)

they deliberately decided to make the games shit? damn they really are geniuses up at sonic team

what. the. fuck. sonic utopia looked great

I feel with every new release, Sonic Team is deliberately removing user control in favor for boost pads and scripted sections. They want you to feel fast without doing anything much.

Or Sonic Omens or Sonic GT.

not playing this garbage

Turns out that some physics actually make a game actively unfun.

Attached: 1649853098715.png (242x242, 78.49K)

It's not fun to go backwards on a rail or lose all your speed because of a slope
realistic momentum physics isn't the oracle of good gameplay

such as?

Attached: 1507267218022.webm (1280x720, 2.49M)

me too but still banging your mom.
#ouch

all of them

They can, it's just that time period was full of games that shoved physics in your face ostentatiously. HL2 had entire levels that felt like the only actual point to them was to show off a physics demo. Also Nvidia's fault too, as they were trying to push seperate physx hardware back then before they got kicked in the balls for being dinks about it.
These days people are generally happier with more subtle uses for it.

>We made the game wrong, on purpose

This is not what makes the game shit.

Rule of fun.
in the case of sonic frontiers it doesnt look very fun though

Attached: ezgif-5-eda6b138c6.gif (600x338, 3.3M)

you mean normal niggers don't care about this shit cause they're shit eating brain dead retards who go OMG LOOOK SOO MANY POLYGONS 10/10

In this case it's because casuals got filtered by having to crouch in final rush.

It's because zoomers hate physics and momentum in their games