Yes games do age

Yes games do age

Attached: 43AE37B2-DE48-4692-A73E-4BE0A912570D.jpg (569x441, 111.25K)

you aged the worst user

all of them aged like fine wine

Doom

SH2

I've only played two of these.
PT is still great. Story and dialogue doesn't age and the gameplay was fine anyway, although not fantastic. Better than the average JRPG.
HL2 is just solid. It's good. Source is good. But a lot of the little things are better in HL1. Cooler enemies, more weapons, more interesting setting.
t. 21 year old

Attached: 1652534862653.gif (434x640, 2.7M)

MGS1's disc 2 can go suck a pachinko dick, I think someone needs to beat this in Kojima's brain, fuck backtracking

Half-Life 2 by far it's not even funny
No story
Empty level design
Bland rehashed enemies
Lacks any of the atmosphere and sense of dread from Half-Life 1
No replay value
Filler out the ass
50% of it is unskippable on rails movie game shit

Is it really fair to pull games from totally different years? They've all aged, but I feel like inherently SH2 and HL2 look more modern (better animations on characters, some of the modern foundations of graphics, etc). Why not put their original games on it instead?

I mean Doom has fucking 2d sprites for monsters and couldn't even do sloped terrain.

All of them I play every 1-2 years.

>Listing Silent Hill 2 and not Silent Hill
SH1 is the poster boy for aging poorly.

Attached: 1b69bc0ca3089b6e90ac.gif (500x470, 250.99K)

Im pretty sure they are just the way they were back when they were released, its the peoples perception of them thats changed as new better tech and mehcanics have been introduced over the decades.
If your going to play games from before you were probably even born you need to approach them with a certain set of expectations or end up looking like a giant faggot for complaining their not like modern games.

Remember aging is a cope by faggots who refuse to just learn the game rather than rely off memory of shitty modern games
thief was so far ahead of it's time it's still not even copied by anything today but a doom 3 mod

I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK

Attached: mein kitler.jpg (400x533, 26.07K)

They really don't.

OOT

All PS1 games have jiggly geometry. It's something to do with the calculations being not quite accurate. You just get used to it as part of the system.

Played MGS 1, Doom 1 with keyboard only and HL2 all for the first time around 3y ago and they were fun, Planescape and FfVII on the other hand were boring and dated like most turn based stuff

No they don't

Doom its still boring as fuck

Half-Life 2. And it's the most recent one. The graphics and physics engine looked amazing back then, but now you can't look at it and not say "wtf is this dated old-ass shit?". Gameplay wise it's outclassed by Half-Life in every way.

i just reinstalled HL2 on my new state of the art gaming PC and i gotta say user... it's really one of the great of the greats
aged like the finest burgundy

No they don't

No they don't. Games "aging" is bullshit since that implies the game magically changed after it stopped being new. You're used to how newer games play and expect the classics to live up to those standards. The only way you can get out of that comfort zone is to keep playing old games.

Attached: 1514926380951.png (1280x720, 839.76K)

Half life 2. It's the most recent entry on the list and it has the fewest redeeming qualities that make it worth playing today aside from some kind of historical value

Ff7

Unless you played it back in the day with nostalgia it's a fucking boring slog. I still don't get why people like it. I've beaten it twice and didn't enjoy it either time...played it a second time because I thought maybe it really wasn't as bad as I remembered. I can play the snes ff games and they're fun enough. Shit, even ff9 is somewhat enjoyable to someone without nostalgia goggles, but holy shit ff7 isn't fun unless you're a milennial with nostalgia

To be fair, I played half life 2 on release and I would have agreed with all of your critiques back in the day. Half life 2 didn't age poorly, it was always just an average game

Planescape was shit even back then. Carried entirely by its story and dialog options.