Kat

Disclaimer: I'm a lorelet so sorry if I screw some obvious stuff up.
How did female Spartans come to exist in the first place? Didn't the kids need to undergo extensive biomedical augmentation just to be able to even wear the suit and wouldn't it only be an even greater uphill battle for a girl? I mean the spartan program is basically the draft taken to the next level right? Were they really that desperate that they needed to kidnap girls too?

Attached: Halo_Reach-_Kat.jpg (542x542, 91.99K)

who tf cares nergin

Not Spartan III's

People need to realize that fictional universes aren't real and that their writers can write in whatever they feel like for any reason.

deep and very genuine thoughts

Suspension of disbelief

that's only worth considering in good fiction.

Good fiction only properly deals with it. Otherwise its shit fiction

they needed any kids that could handle it and women heal better than men

Spartan 2s are kidnapped at a very young age and undergo severe augentations that can cripple you for life or kill you, these augmentations are genetic and can even be passed down to their children spartan 1.1s( I think)
Spartan 3s (noble team except jorge) are orphans that do not undergo genetic augmentations but chemical augmentations that are basically steroids they were made on the cheap in order to mass produce them

Spartan IIs are incredibly rare for a reason beggars cant be choosers you need to hit the genetic lottery to be a candidate and even then its a shitty lottery
>were they really that desperate that they needed to kidnap girls too?
Eh, the armor does most of the work in combat but they essentially needed child soldiers loyal to unsc thats

>female protagonist
You would assume that they'd just write this off as massive failure experiments to adjust with the fact that no Halo players play as female anymore. If John is down, then Halo is down with him.

343 milking chief and not abondoning him with the end of halo 3 is one of the biggest issues of modern halo

I read The Ghosts of Onyx and it goes into the training of the kids
There were plenty of girls and boys alike
They probably just "stylize" the armor more in the games

Kat is a SPRATen triple.

>halo is bad fiction
Great! Feel free to leave!

prepubescent kids aren't terribly different biologically, S-IIs were kidnapped very young and S-IIIs early teens at most plus all of the augmentations and enhancements MJOLNIR brings makes those Spartans in general very posthuman (S-IVs are adult military personnel with minor augmentations)
I forget the exact markers ONI was looking for in Spartan candidates but I'd assume it's a mix of cognitive function + genetic markers suitable to augmentation, plus probably whatever case-by-case reasoning Halsey had for individual candidates

Attached: subscribe to my ONIfans.jpg (606x341, 16.52K)

One of the most important factor of the older Spartans was their genetics, and the markers that ONI were looking for were so rare that they accepted as many candidates as possible. They kidnapped boys and girls, knowing that most of them would probably end up dead or crippled.

The later generations didn't have the same physical requirements that bottlenecked the SII program. They wanted exceptionally talented individuals, and Kat's key talent was intel. Obviously it wasn't combat, because she lost her right arm.

There was only 300 people that met the genetic requirements in the UNSC. They cut the number in half because of budget. They basically decided by coin toss who got in.

Difference between a male and female spartan is almost moot. We're talking such a smaller factor in strength that it's not worth even noting in most situations. A female Spartan can easily break a normal person over their knee as a male Spartan.

Spartan IIs were the ones that were kidnapped. Kat is a Spartan III

This, IIs required specific genetics to even be a candidate and with the atrocious survival rates of augmentation and training ONI didn't give a shit. They'd still be head and shoulders above any rebels that the Spartans were originally designed to exterminate on the planets who wanted to leave Earth's control. The Convenent just happened to show up and give the Spatarns a new purpose instead of being Spec Ops death squads.

sometimes it's so jarring and counterintuitive to the rest of the universe that it can't be ignored

Not to derail but in Halo tv show they retread the same talking point of
>muh morals
I know spartan IIs and IIIs were made before covenant contact to fight insurrectionist but if we are getting fucking glassed at a genocidal level what fucking morals are you going to keep?

Nigger at what age do you think testosterone starts flowing through the body?

>but in Halo tv show
Who fucking cares lmao

This, it's so fucking annoying/boring when people need to try and inject realism into a fantasy or sci-fi fictional universe and even when it could make sense they somehow need to explain it even more why something can't be the way it is.
Biggest times I see this pop up is when woman are in the same category, usually power or strength in some form or capacity.

If you want to put realism into it, at least in the Halo Universe it has been proven time and time again that children and teens are almost 1:1 until they hit puberty and can be manipulated through drugs or other means to be on a equal footing; plug in your fantasy and or sci-fi nonsense into it and bam easy as that.

If it really triggers people so much there are already franchises that fit the Mens Rule, Girls Drool boys club; i.e. Warhammer where only Men can be the strongest in the human factions.

Attached: 1644595997335.png (1080x1080, 996.58K)

Aye.