Why does fromsoftware hate strength builds?

Why does fromsoftware hate strength builds?

Attached: fume_ultra_greatsword.png (192x280, 23.94K)

Dexterity is better for maturation

I've ran a pure strength build on all my first characters dating back to Demon Souls. Armor will vary but I always need to two-hand a big weapon.

Attached: 1487907069737.png (272x273, 293.09K)

Because he's a dex/int fag.

They are only really ass in elden ring and even then they are fine though?
Hell what you should really do is just slap heavy onto a weapon and get better scaling from any weapon.

>bosses can recover faster than my 1 swing

just slice my legs bro

I submit to you that the guard counter mechanic is intended for strength builds using greatswords/colossal weapons, and not shield users.

Strength is strong.

Attached: str is strong.webm (852x480, 2.97M)

Strength is for cavemen

OOGA BOOGA I SWING BIG SLAB

the only game I enjoyed strength builds in was DS2

>play DS1
>weapon is too heavy to wear poise armor aside from the hollow soldier skirt
>rats can break my poise in one hit
>weapon is so slow fast enemies constantly interrupt my attacks
>give up and use a lighter weapon

>play dark souls 3
>every enemy breaks my poise in 1 hit regardless of armor
>every enemy is fast
>give up and use a straight sword

miyazaki really wants the world to consist of only femboys

but dual wield colossal weapons is the easy mode in ER

Japs don't take that shit seriously, raw strength being outmatched by technique and skill is a ridiculously common trope in their media

>weapon is too heavy
That's how it's meant to be, you're a STR dude with a fuckheavy weapon. It's meant to be slow and impactful. Also poise is a cop out because the heavy impact should have a risk, if it came out fast it would be no different than regular weapons.

>enemy breaks my poise
Why are you whining about not being able to spam heavy STR moves? You're basically saying there should be no risk to anything and heavy weapons should feel and act no different than regular weapons. That's retarded.

yes

Attached: 1560947658899.jpg (1473x1061, 146.73K)

STR is extremely easy and fun in every game and I'm tired of pretending it's not

In pve you should be finding the timings to land fully charged R2 attacks

>That's how it's meant to be
in DS1, heavy weapons need poise armor the most because they have the slowest swings.
This just means that DEX builds just have a huge benefit over STR builds because they can attack fast while wearing more armor. The only exception where STR weapons are better is spamming the strong attack on the zwei.
carry weight should have scaled with STR instead of END.

>Also poise is a cop out because the heavy impact should have a risk
did you miss the point where I said "fast enemies". The weakest enemies are the ones that give me the most trouble when I'm using a heavy weapon, while a light weapon will just destroy them.

>Why are you whining about not being able to spam heavy STR moves?
This isn't spamming. You need to perform every attack against rats and dogs with extreme precision to even have a chance of hitting and once you get hit, there's no way to counter attack without running away.

>You're basically saying there should be no risk to anything and heavy weapons
no, I'm saying heavy weapons should have working hyper armor like they had in DS2.
The great club in DS2 is one of my favorite weapons in all of dark souls because I never had tiny enemies poise break me in a loop forever.

>DaS1
>start as class with lowest endurance
>stack as much armor as possible without slow walking
>2hand THE GREATSWORD
>leo ring thrust 2HR2
>power within and a weapon buff
>have barely more stamina than is required for a 2HR2, so I can do 2 in a row
>trade hits with anything and win
>even bosses
my favorite way to play DaS1

>stack as much armor as possible without slow walking
I could never stand anything less than fast roll carry limit with how much running DS2 had.
When I first played through, I spent more time in duke's archive running than actually playing the game.

From games are designed around rolling, so as bosses get more hectic and employ more challenging roll-checks, the window of opportunity gets drastically smaller.

i finally tried a strength build in elden ring and i dont know what people are whining about. ive been slapping shit with the great mace.