Morrowind

im going to play this. What am I in for? Any useful tips?

Attached: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (220x307, 27.05K)

Nords are OP starting class
>100% Frost resist
>50% Shock resist
Also prepare for slow movement speed. I would recommend downloading a mod to up the default walking speed. But if you're playing vanilla I'd recommend getting the steed sign for more speed. Also spec into alteration magic for levitation. Combat is completely broken. Either you adapt to the bullshit by cheeseing your way through or you'll get filtered. Spec into either light or heavy armor, don't bother with medium cause there isn't a whole lot of good armor options (that is unless you have the add-ons installed). Focus on leveling up your weapon skills asap or else everything will just dodge your attacks. There's a lot of skill trainers in Balmora that can help with that. Alchemy can absolutely be abused to make broken spells and effects cause potion effects stack.

Have fun user. Glory to House Dagoth.

Run in a straight line anywhere once you leave the boat

Playing as an Orc or Redguard breaks combat due to their racial powers, which can be easily replenished by waiting 24 in-game hours (no penalty for doing this)

Buying a Bound Weapon spell at the mage's guild in Balmora will give you access to the nigh best weapons in the game for virtually no cost, just make sure to mark Conjuration as one of your minor or major skills so you can cast that spell consistently

Bartering with traders is absolutely broken and, provided you get the shopkeeper's disposition to 100, you can get infinite gold by buying an item for low / selling the same item back to him for higher

im thinking of a mage playthrough

Keep your load as light as possible. People who complain about the movement speed are just weighing themselves down.
Find a nice spot in Balmora to store your stuff, or anywhere you want. Just not in certain chests.
If you aren't interested in reading, at least read the books that the Main Quest characters give you (e.g. "A short history of Morrowind" at the beginning).

the game is intentionally slow and grindy at the beginning, so don't get filtered. join a guild and do their quests until you are comfortable in the world. the bald guy even tells you to in the game. listen to him.

Do custom class and pick what you think your gonna use. I recommend Dunmer spellsword since you get to try a little bit of everything.

Attached: 1559829477988.jpg (788x767, 187.05K)

Hand to hand you bitch. Don't need a weapon, become the weapon.

Use weapons that you tagged for skills.

Try to keep your stamina up. Don't fight with little to no stamina since that increases your chance to miss or fail casting a spell.

Get the Almsivi and Divine Intervention spells and learn where on the map an Intervention can take you.

Play on OpenMW if you don't plan to already

is unarmored worthwhile for beast race characters to make up for the feet/head? or does magic cover that? i see there's a shield spell.

Get soul trap and a feather spell so you never have to worry about bone walkers again

miss miss miss

Bosmer. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played one. Pick The Lady and join the fighters guild for free health and stamina pots and the mages guild for free magicka and willpower pots.
Anyone spouting the miss/slow meme didn't play the game. They're just parroting memes.

Oh yeah the mage guild also gives you free intervention scrolls. They teleport you to the nearest temple.

openmw is a meme, there's no benefit in using it for anyone playing solo

It works with widescreen out of the box.

I remember magic resistance being OP

whats OpenMW

Attached: a black person was here.png (388x599, 230.77K)

I was killed for stealing some bitch's potatoes and then stopped playing since

So...your one benefit is widescreen? Morrowind works out of the box user what's your point exactly?