Warhammer Rogue Trader

Will you play it?

Attached: Warhammer-40000-Rogue-Trader_2022_06-01-22_011.jpg (4000x2064, 1.56M)

maybe

probably
warhammer is like mario for me -- whatever random stupid bullshit they shove the IP into I'll eat it up

YES ME SEE RUSSIAN GAME ME PAYING ME PLAYING

user, are you by chance a Serb?

Based Vietnamese actually.

Too much to go into here, but someone sat down and decided martial classes in a tabletop game needed an MMO loot treadmill complete with leveled gear with the dumbest possible explanation for why it's level-locked. There's also big level gaps for certain weapon types in said gear, so if you're a not-rogue wanting to use a baton you'll have 7 levels where you're just kinda lagging behind in damage.
Power armor is inconvenient to the point of worthlessness for the most part and has one of those aforementioned equipment gaps towards the end.
DC scaling is fucked, and this is after errata. On release you actively got worse at flying spaceships as your level increased.
There's a dedicated social class, but the casters can get mind reading at third level and mind control that explicitly lets you make people forget they were mind controlled not long after.
The vehicle rules are shit, as they have been in just about every other D20 system.

Yes

Oh I remember the shitposting around that, funny stuff.

Attached: file.png (1809x1009, 2.23M)

Additionally, still being Pathfinder, Starfinder has a ton of trap options.
Other highlights include energy armor class and kinetic armor class being separate things for some reason, despite the fact that the values will simply never be more than a couple points apart outside of a couple enemies that have vulnerability/strength against one type as a gimmick.
Good ol' knife, tactical
The worst part of the loot treadmill is that it cucks martials even harder in terms of versatility compared to casters than usual, because they're never going to be able to afford to keep multiple types of weapon on-level.

Doesn't Starfinder also just flatout not allow you to buy a spaceship? I can't recall much about it because it looked like such a mess that I didn't even bother to pirate the book.

Not with money, no. They've got a point-build system based on average party level.

Yup, there’s no slavery anymore. Drow have consensual contracts with people, and are tricksy.

Can I have a squad of sisters of battle? When it comes to the imperium I paint them and "talons of the emperor".

Well shit. Was kinda interested in starfinder ever since I found out they have a not!Jedi class. Didn't expect it to be a trainwreck

>Kingmaker and WotR are two of my favourite games in recent memory
>Definitely want to support Owlcat
>Don’t give a shit about WH40K and definitely don’t want to support GW after the shit they’ve pulled
Maybe I’ll just pirate it and post them a cheque or something.

Attached: D43BCBE4-F834-46E8-8C78-A7AAF7681898.png (1080x1081, 1.81M)

I'm interested in whether or not they will include a kingdom management like mode in this one
Maybe planet management?
Maybe sector management, where you get a planetary capitol and then add more planets to your sector as you explore and pacify the frontier?

It's just not good on a mechanical level.
You're frankly better off running the old D20 Star Wars system and changing the names. Saga Edition was legitimately one of the best-designed games made on the 3.5 chassis. It's D20 Modern, but with actual direction to back up the will to slaughter the unnecessary D&D sacred cows.

For those who want to play a scifi/science fantasy TTRPG, here are some recommendations
>Dark Heresy 2e
Warhammer obviously
>Coriolis: The Third Horizon
I've been having fun with it, works well for a firefly esque game
>GURPs
It's GURPs
>Alien from Free League
I've hear the Alien RPG is good but I haven't played it

Will the techpriest be a guy or girl?

Attached: FI8MbSOXMAAkm6E.jpg (2913x4096, 673.58K)

It'll be ship management. It's pretty much the basis of Rogue Trader.

Yes

I wonder if psyker will be a class and if your head implodes if you use too many space magic points

The Alien RPG is excellent, but more as an action-horror game than general purpose sci-fi.

>Heavily dislike GW
>Don’t care about 40K
>Haven’t had any interest in 40K in years
>Sister of Battle party member in promotion image, possible romance option
>Interest suddenly piqued far more than should be possible
It’s like they tapped into a fetish that’s been dormant for so long I didn’t even realise it still existed.

Helps that it’s the Rogue Trader setting, which is a hell of a lot more interesting than standard.

Attached: AC8DC97C-1F79-4747-A0AD-DAD03CC4C99F.jpg (707x1024, 61.31K)

A girl but so augmented you wouldn't be able to tell either way by looking

But how does one include the sort of conquest type gameplay they've been putting into each game with just ship management?

Probably a dude
So far we've got
>Eldar Ranger - Female(?)
>Navigator looking chick - Female
>Sister of Battle - Female
>Psyker - Male
>Space Wolf - Male

It's a big ship.

The eldar is trans
Not even lying Owlcat explicitly confirmed it