Why did Namco, in their unlimited arrogance...

Why did Namco, in their unlimited arrogance, decide to name their bastardization of the greatest arcade game modernization ever "DX", implying that their completely different and worse video game is somehow a better version of a game developed by Toru Iwatani, the father of Pac-Man?
They then refused to port the actual good video game to most home consoles or PC for many years, further adding to the confusion, as when someone hears "CE is really good" and they look it up on their gaming device of choice, they would only find DX, leading them to believe that it was an updated version of the original, as why else would the original not have a listing of its own? Was it an attempt at revenge on Iwatani for leaving Namco?

Attached: 282417-pac-man-championship-edition-dx-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 132.93K)

this game is pretty fun doe

it is pretty fun but it's clear that CE is the better designed game and it's frustrating that many people got tricked into not playing it

DX and VS are the only fun games.

Folks like you should be barred from ever being called a “Pac-Man fan”.

Both are good, but DX has bombs which keeps the gameplay moving

Not my fault CE is boring and CE2 is fucking trash.

Shut up nigger

The World games exist, dumbass.

Based. Fuck DXfags

Literally no difference between CE and DX+

What were dinosaurs like?

What's wrong with DX? It's awesome. I had no idea people hated it until now.

DX has the sleeping green ghosts who chase you in a line and then you eat them all up, original CE just has the main four ghosts

The main difference is that in CE, the ghosts are a lot more aggressive and there's no slowdown or bombs. It's a much harder game, fitting for a sequel to Pac-Man. It has arcade values to its core.
DX is a lot easier and more forgiving. It's fun to eat a lot of ghosts in a row, but it's more of a cheap thrill than a challenge.

It's a fun game I just hate how Namco has treated it

How does the NES port compare to the "real" CE? I've only played that and I love it.

Stupid fucking nigger. DX+ is the best version of championship edition ever. The standard championship edition, which while good, does not even hold a candle to the undisputed kino that is DX+. Also, the original CE is available on more consoles than DX+, as the original is also on the switch, roku, ps5, and series X.
Your opinion is gay and DX+ will be the superior game forever.
>t.pac faggot with at former WRs in every version of championship pacman, from the OG, to DX, DX+, 2, and famicom.

It is the real CE, with a bit of scrolling.It's good.

actually, it might have less modes. forgot

>friendless fag trying to tell me VS isn't a top tier party game