What's the secret to his success? Dude is making it big

What's the secret to his success? Dude is making it big

Attached: fox.png (378x320, 306.36K)

1: Really good chiptune music composer
2: Actually had unique ideas for a game in terms of core game mechanics in a popular game genre ("unique ideas" for settings are worthless, but unique mechanical ideas are priceless)
3: Does a really good job of appealing to many passionate niche groups without over-pandering to the point that it's alienating to others. ie, appealing to furries without making it a straight up furry game. appealing to homos with gay characters but kind of keeping all the gay stuff in the background.
4: guy just has a good sense of humor. you can't teach that.

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAID!
lmao

the game blows

literally who ?

He's famous for making Earthbound rom hacks and music for Homestuck.

Homestuck faggots

making degenerate deviantart webcomic tier shit appealing

Why does he look like Projared here but like a jewish pajeet in every other picture?

>hrmmm, what's his secret? Could it be making good unique games with awesome music?
>no no, that's not possible...

>inb4 "unique? lmao an rpg is not unique and is also le pixel shit and steals music"

He's Radiation, famous songs such as for Libera Me from Sburb, An Apple Disaster!, and the Pokemon Sword & Shield battle theme

>be involved with one of the most autistic, meandering, and obtuse fan projects ever made
>have an ear for music
>despite being somewhat talented, recycle a lot of your work from said fan project
>be in the right place at the exact right time for your fans to spam your new game everywhere
>game is 100% accessible to lowest common denominator
>streamers, aka lowest common denominator, play the shit out of your game for cash
>cue the next 10 years of references upon references

The only thing I don't understand is whatever jew magic he cast to get a following in Japan, but that can be explained by nips having shit taste while simultaneously loving RPG maker shit.

tldr: fuck homestuck

Shamelessly stealing music from old games. It's not just a reference or a homage, the battle theme is completely ripped off for example

He started
And finished
That puts him way above 90% of indie developers.

unique? lmao an rpg is not unique and is also le-

Attached: 15012343647455.jpg (1280x720, 122.86K)

>he-he captured my favorite trick!

>Step 0: Be famous already
Toby Fox was already internet famous for his musical contributions to Homestuck before becoming even more famous for Undertale

>Step 1: Repackage a cool foreign thing that your target demographic probably missed out on due to it being foreign
This worked for more than just Toby Fox repackaging the pacifist/genocide route stuff from the Ninja Chapter of Live a Live with the "gather love" stuff from Moon Remix, it also worked for the guys that make Doki Doki Literary Club (which is just pic related) and the Guy who made Stardew Valley which is just Harvest Moon/Rune Factory but marketed to Westerners who don't know what those are.

>Step 2: Use a bunch of leitmotif in the soundtrack
For some reason, this practice seems to gain the most traction for your work if you do it, see also the Celeste ost, the average person just fucking loves leirmotif for some reason, so if you're primary a composer, like Toby Fox is, then it's a no brainier to do this to make your soundtrack more popular

Attached: Thing DDLC is based on.png (1201x678, 1.35M)

This. To be fair though, game dev is soul crushing and puts many people on the streets. Toby shot low and made a mechanically very simple game so it was significantly easier for him to get it finished.

Your step 0 isn't a step 0 : how did he reach that homestuck fame?

Networking.
He knew the right people to get his music included in the project

Leitmotif became popular originally (in the 18th century) because of normies. Its something you can easily catch on to-- a gesture meant to be recognized so your soi maw can gape open in amazement: "I recognize that thing!" The other user was right. Toby was successful because he was the only one who showed up, and he brought a lot of good and foreign ideas with him. The pretentious air surrounding Undertale is either a bug or a feature, depending who you ask.

Attached: (you).png (673x383, 254.11K)

>it's another "Any Forumsiggers seethe and whine about toby being popular" episode

He has a lot of connections in the industry and pandered to rich furries.
Dude plays it humble on Twitter but he knows exactly the game he's playing

So all I got to do to be successful is to rip some obscure Japanese game that normalfags don't know of?

I'm convinced this man has uncovered a method to tap distilled memetic potential. I know we don't normally talk about videogames here, but I'd like to call attention to the occult practices of the game developer, Toby Fox. Through music and art he clearly uncovered a vibrant corner of the noosphere. Here are the clues that he is an occultist:
-references to chaos magick
-sigils, hypersigils,
-references to kabbalah
-allusions to gnosticism
-wildly successful as an artist (making it big)
-maintains an air of secrecy
-uses wordplay, gematria
-music is often channeled through inspiration
-follows after Earthbound, (shrouded in its own secrets)
My theory boils down to Fox having done a large amount of occult research before creating Undertale and consciously using it as a creative hypersigil. There are a number of entities involved, but I don't know enough about his personal life to know which methods he might use for channeling. Now, I may tentatively ask whether anyone thinks he has occult sponsors or managed to really achieve most of this himself?

Attached: 1479448013393.jpg (770x578, 227.24K)

I recently read Homestuck and I really liked it
Are the pesterquest games good?
I want to read more.

Attached: 1654140434198.jpg (683x935, 699.01K)

Toby Fox is a fucking skinwalker or something, every picture of him looks like a different person.