Valheim used free Unity Assets and didnt pay the artists a dime of their $100m revenues

Valheim used free Unity Assets and didnt pay the artists a dime of their $100m revenues

Attached: hm.jpg (1320x1183, 201.86K)

And I care why?

ok.

Why would they if it's free?

Free is free

Oh no
Anyway

Attached: 1468383472382.png (321x322, 34.84K)

They didn't pay them but they did support their trans rights.

>used free Unity Assets and didnt pay the artists a dime

Attached: the absolute state of dark magician.jpg (500x500, 105.49K)

it says free right there

Why do americans love offering their services for free (or for symbolic sums), partaking no risk or investment in the work, and then proceed to get mad when it makes big profits? Their female soccer team is literally doing that right now

Attached: 1650356446378.png (667x670, 429.57K)

>idiot gives thing for free
>it's the other guys fault
huh?

wow op got rekt. what a fag lmao

Yeah, that's what free means.

Shouldn't have made them free, simple as.

I don't get why people get mad about asset reusing, like the spergs throwing a fit about Elden Ring. I want devs to spend more time making actual games instead of pretty 3D models

And this is why you never give anything away for free. Then again, even if you charge for your work, that won't stop soulless bug people from stealing it anyway. Fuck all niggers and thieves (same thing.)

Attached: goat.jpg (1200x791, 121.91K)

free is free my man

The american soccer team is one of the best in the world BTW. Mens soccer team has never won the world cup and the women are actually losing money cause FIFA went ahead and decided to make womens pay match the mens.

Women are stupid as fuck

They used free assets. Why did you make a thread about using free assets?

I guarantee you know one would care if they used another artist's low poly assets.

>The american soccer team is one of the best in the world BTW. Mens soccer team has never won the world cup
Irrelevant, the male team plays a much longer and more competitive cup facing more teams and more talents

>the women are actually losing money cause FIFA went ahead and decided to make womens pay match the mens
From what I gathered in the news each team was offered the same two contracts, one paid a monthly salary with benefits to everyone regardless of performance and matches played, the other rewarded them for performance only (so they wouldn't even get paid during covid lockdown)

Women went with the first, men with the second. Men spent months without pay but on the long run they had more success and got more money, so women got jealous and asked for the benefits of the second contract. And they got it.

Attached: 1625327348223.jpg (1080x1072, 89K)

I thought this was going to be about them using paywalled assets without actually paying. you disappoint me, op.

It's legal. There is nothing wrong with it. Did you know that Disney with the people who created the Marvel comics they base the movies on where they rip lines and scenes from them only get 5k?

Plenty of stories of people who did everything and got $5k out of a millionaire success, and people who did batshit and got 10%, and sometimes both coexist in the same project

>Game is made using free assets; sucks.

Well what did you expect, it's an asset flip. All of them are shit.

>Game made using free assets; makes shit loads of money.

REEEEE! Should have given some money since they used the assets!

Ah, really can't win in this industry.