Why is it hated?

Attached: Mann vs Machine.png (500x161, 96.09K)

The gamemode itself is kino, it's just that there's been no new content for it since Two Cities, and the only reason people play it is to gamble for australiums. Also tacobot niggers.

I grinded for a golden pan for days back then, I used to not like it but it grew on me

Because it introduced the matchmaking system that killed community servers.

It literally used the exact same matchmaking system as quickplay, just with a fancier skin to select specific missions.

I haven't played it since it became f2p and I instinctively think it sucks because the game was long dead at that point

the players

>paying for each 1/10000 chance to 'hit it big'
literally gambling, just gamified

worse than gambling since you spend hours to finish a single tour, and even if you win an australium, most of the time they'll be worth 10x less than what you spent already. barely anyone gets golden pans, and even if they do, they're usually in so deep that they spent at least 20k on tickets already.

I haven't played it since it came out but having to pay an entry fee for one round of hard mode (easy mode is pathetic) is fucking retarded. And like 99% of the time your entire team would just bail at the last wave so they could keep their ticket.

It's like Valve held a contest to see who could come up with a worse form of predatory monetization than lootcrates. Thank fuck this shit never caught on with other games.

What are you talking about? You can play all of the tour of duty missions for free, you just don't get the rewards.

Became the hot spot for entitled autists doing everything they can to establish their own order, taking full advantage of Valve's absence.

Tacobot is the final stage of the elitist scum evolutionary chain before unironically becoming a politician. Self-righteous cunts who decided everyone needs to play their way or the highway. They decided they didn't want to wait for new players to get good to the extent that they try to even police missions they're not involved in. Secret club mentality at it's worse.

honestly I thought it was gonna be more survival-ey when it was announced.
like a more refined cod zombies that you could play for hours without getting bored

>Why is it hated?
Because everyone playing it is just gambling. MVM players aren't there to play MVM, they're there to play slots and they have to slog through a tour every time they want to pull the lever.

Attached: otter cant stop eating watermelon.png (468x854, 379.97K)

Much like the main game, it's completely full of bots

Attached: en.png (457x368, 261.69K)

Attached: smug cat.png (318x271, 147.95K)

I loved playing it on release. I don't play it often nowadays but I still like to do it from time to time, the yearly free tickets help.

Huge amount of buildup for a fairly disappointing mode. Felt more like tower defense then anything else. And what made this worse was the decision to put in matchmaking and paid rewards, resulting in a terrible community.

Really they should have just aimed for something Killing Floor styled. Make it actually 9 players vs a horde, make the maps better themed (the initial trailer nailed it but almost all the maps are bright and sunny), make it Red + Blue vs Grey.

Everytime I rewatch the trailer it reminds me of how we loss the red+blu teamup because valve was retarded and catered to braindead playtesters

>there are completely bot infested mvm servers out there
>mfw it's bots vs bots

The mode is extremely boring, it's not fun to sit around and shoot crit hacking robots for hours on end. Even worse when you're forced to do the same 2 maps on repeat for a chance of a golden weapon reskin since buying one is out of the question when they can easily sell for over $100 on the market. Not to mention the people kicking you left and right for the smallest shit. Can't use non-meta weapons, can't use non-meta upgrades, can't use the Gas Passer despite it being really good against hordes of robots, on par with demo's stickies, if you don't F4 as soon as you join and as soon as each wave ends you get kicked. It's tiresome.

Attached: lucky_star___kagami_hiiragi_by_un3h_d8fumje.png (2500x2067, 776.83K)

>No Left4Dead style survival maps where you and three other classes journey through a map killing robots while they banter with each other.
A damn shame.

Glorified tower defense mode. Only cattle play such games. Plus there was a gambling twist attached to it, which made it even more cattle-ified. An absolute disappointment from the people that created the best co-op PvE experience.

I remember some of the most fun I had in TF2 were those super zombie fortress maps. You'd pick up weapons as you went and the map makers got pretty creative, making crazy stuff like the Isaac map or the turtle invasion.