Gentlemen, how do we stop video game piracy?

Gentlemen, how do we stop video game piracy?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 188.3K)

you stop posting shitty youtube thumbnails

damn, what gave it away

With the internet it's basically impossible. Games are now just a file that gets diplicated and transferred from computer to computer. Just sometimes you also give someone money for this to happen.

According to the law of supply and demand games have zero value because they have literally unlimited supply for free. It's like trying to charge for air.

you taking that image in itself is piracy.

>muh NFTs

Name it something less cool, “piracy” sounds awesome. Call it like “virtual cockeating”

Make good games and not soulless money grubbing shit

This is a legit strategy if everyone just got called fags instead of pirates theyd never have started trying to get free games unfortunately its too late and now theyre pirates and everyone else is a fag

Make all games freeware and open source.
Hey, you didn't ask about business sustainability.

>Make all games freeware and open source.
what a terrible idea

>make all games possible to mod
>what a terrible idea
that didn't stop doom quake and many other games

Start by nor being towards by fucking country and taking everything away for shit I did not do. Gabe Newell piece of shit racist hates Russians and no one has the balls to say something.
cs.rin.ru saved my life

Attached: exploitable.png (1417x1417, 3.74M)

end pc gaming and piracy will magically poof away

That and just import the piracy laws/copyright that Japan has

Attached: FTs0J25aAAAvJXY.png (617x159, 19.51K)

>tfw my pirated copy of Elden Ring ran better and took up less storage than the official game

Clearly, the answer is to keep raising prices on vidya, continue to release more high-priced DLC alongside the higher priced vidya, and never, ever allow your games to go on sale with a discount above 20% off.
After all, it's worked so well to this point.

>remember that one indie game
>califags charging 20-30$ forever
>discount is always like 15 percent off at most

You don't.

basado

start making good games that I'll feel like its worth a damn to spend money on it
I've bought nothing but indie games from humble developers for the last 5 years, havent given a single cent to AAA devs since like, Titanfall 2 I think

why dont you do it

AAA publishers have had a history of abusing their developers and treating them like disposable labour to be churned out. They are focusing on bad practices to the industry and to game design in order to turn games into services they can control and funnel infinite money from. Industry talent has been continuously grinded out like paste and executives keep asking for more, more and more profits, which eventually becomes unsustainable and impossible to maintain without imploding

Indie and AA games tend to be actual games meant to bring you something for you to enjoy, not storefronts for literal garbage

Attached: FTmayPHaQAEE3WD.png (680x660, 775K)

Attached: 1653824577729.png (1200x752, 34.71K)