If Gideon Ofnir knew the location of half of the Great Runes, why didn't he just go out and take them before you could...

If Gideon Ofnir knew the location of half of the Great Runes, why didn't he just go out and take them before you could? He wants to be Elden Lord yet continues to help the player get more great runes and more power. He could have even tried to kill the player while they were weaker, taking two or three great runes in the process.
I was a little confused by the fact that he leaves it right to the end to try and kill us.

So what was Gideon Ofnir's endgame?

Attached: elden ring (2).jpg (600x338, 26.27K)

>why didn't he just go out and take them

Knee issues

Attached: sir_gideon_ofnir_.jpg (1610x1078, 469.99K)

Most tarnished are very averse to killing other tarnished (not bloody fingers or recusants) because even if another becomes Elden Lord the lands would become better for everyone to live in.
Just before Godfrey it seems like Gideon doesn't really have an endgame, he just realises that you will have to kill a god to finish it. He thinks that is impossible because for all his knowledge he's still a brainlet, so he concludes that Marika has sent the tarnished on a suicide mission that is meant to fail

He's like an armchair Tarnished.

Somebody give this man a chair. It hurts just to look at him in his office.

Idk man he clearly doesn't gave much qualms about killing people to get him closer to Elden Lord. Such as that Albinauric village he slaughtered.

He's a nerd with shit posture and no vigor

He is INT Soul of Cinder.

No, you're confusing things. Tarnished don't like killing other TARNISHED. Killing albinaurics is totally OK

Forget Gideon, I still want to know what the fuck that giant Albinauric woman is supposed to be

So an albinauric genocide is ok

Yes. Albinaurics are viewed as subhuman by most characters in ER

because no one expected a lone tarnished to be able to collect all the runes, hence why the Roundtable Hold was established, to create a collaborative effort in collecting the runes. When the player kills Morgott even the two fingers don't know what the fuck is going on. No one expected the player to get that far.

also Ofnir knew something wasn't right in the whole thing. in the end, he probably realized that Marika doesn't exist and the greater will is just a parasite that lures strong champions to merge itself with, so Ofnir went all schizo and shit.

Yeah I get what you were saying but I think a genocide with hundreds of hanging bodies under a cliff sort of shows the lengths this guy is gonna go to, if it means becoming Elden Lord. Although not tarnished, Albinaurics were still sane people and if he committed an entire genocide, I think he would be able to stomach killing a tarnished or two, especially you who is his biggest competition.

Who the fuck is the albinauric woman he was talking about?

He doesn't have the chops. That's partly why he is conflicted with you. He needs you but he is jealous too.

This pose is so funny to me. Somehow it strikes me as Gideon was like "oh shit the tarnished is coming I need to strike a pose but I haven't rehearsed what do I do oh shit here he comes uuuuh POSE"

what about an omen genocide, is that ok too?
Asking for a friend.

Attached: Маска_ужасающей_ухмылки.png (1024x1024, 978.57K)

>the two fingers don't know what the fuck is going on
IIRC the two fingers went nuts because of Melina suggesting the burning of the Erdtree, and they can see you heading down that path. The fingers also probably learned of Melina's true nature and ability to become kindling for the fire.

Also if the RTH is a collaborative effort, why didn't the player take part in the effort? Though yeah I completely agree with you on Ofnir going schizo in the end because he learned (or thinks he learned) the "true meaning" of the tarnished quest.

I also think getting to the Elden Lord point isn't that much of a competition. Godfrey is the only one willing to kill his competition, while others talk about co-operation. Corhyn mentions that he wants to become a religious advisor for the next Elden Lord so maybe if one tarnished becomed the lord, everyone else will also get a rise in status

Why not let someone else do it? Retard.

Yes! All fucking omen must fucking hang

Gideon wasn't adverse to killing the player at all, and he didn't give a single shit about sending his "daughter" to her death either.
>he concludes that Marika has sent the tarnished on a suicide mission that is meant to fail
He doesn't conclude this at all. He does Marika's bidding, which is to keep TLB in a constant state of upheaval, with everyone killing each other so that the losers can be deemed sacrifices to the worthy.

Fact of the matter is that his late-game confrontation is nonsense though. The only reason he doesn't kill the Shardbearers himself is because it's a video game and he's a supporting character. More importantly it's a From game, so every quest giver has to die a an ultimately vapid death.

Latenna. Did you seriously not find her or explore the game? See pic related, I found her just through exploring on my own. I hope you still aren't that far through the game cause she's a fun summon. If you are, 100% get her for NG+ and do her quest, because it's an interesting one.
I think she won't speak to you until you find a hidden dude in the Albinauric village though.

She also gives you an item you need to reach the bonus location: Miquella's Haligtree.

Attached: 3968140-img_9753.jpg (1920x1080, 675.76K)

When did he send Nepheli to die? He basically just fired her when she started questioning his methods

Why would you though? If you can take the throne yourself and literally become the next ruler of an entire nation, seated on the throne of the capital, with a whole harem of beautiful tarnished waifus, and daily omen executions to keep you entertained; why wouldn't you?

even the little baby omen, in their little omen cradles?

Attached: __mohg_lord_of_blood_margit_the_fell_omen_godfrey_first_elden_lord_and_morgott_the_omen_king_elden_ring_drawn_by_morgensevermalt__sample-6df17043dee50f3cd2f5574a9194db3d.jpg (850x948, 105K)

he reads books wearing a full helm

Couldn't he have just wanted Godfrey to have a little more time with his son?

Attached: 663.jpg (436x413, 14.41K)

Your job is to be a death squad not to ask questions

the purpose of the RTH is to put a guy on the elden throne all means necessary, but all members have different and clashing philosophies. they will betray each other at the first chance they get, it's just not very well presented in-game. you could see GRRM handprints in this. he probably imagined it a convoluted plot of betrayals. in the end, we just assume the player is the most capable so they just let him run around.

>When did he send Nepheli to die?
He makes no qualms about sending her to fight battles in his place and repeatedly mentions to use her in combat if you so wish. Not once does he utter a single comment of concern for her, and does nothing but use her until she is no longer useful, then rids himself of her and never speaks to her again. He also doesn't give a shit if you give her Seluvis's potion, mearly mentions that she's more useful alive than as a puppet.

Well, I guess he actually is a pretty huge faggot that way. You were right

Ok, time to commit crimes.

Attached: DfpCIWiX4AAxtED.jpg (675x1200, 74.26K)

Crimes against Omenity.

>he probably imagined it a convoluted plot of betrayals
Such a shame how from software handle their quests. A properly engaging and immersive world on the NPC side would be to DIE FOR. They're all bosses and world-building first, which isn't a bad thing, but give some damn love to the quests. All quest revolve around exhausting an NPC's dialogue in different locations at different times, and then maybe collecting an item for them.

The closest thing we get to a cool betrayal from a RTH member is when the edgelord dude who guards Ofnir's door tries to kill us. Would have been a lot cooler if the RTH had more people all with their own crossing threads.

Ah yeah I think I found her but she wouldn't talk to me. Or maybe I killed her on accident because I explore VERY extensively especially where NPCs tell me to. I'm pretty far, I'm at the snow area currently

Based on how hard I dumpstered this nigga he probably couldn't beat any of the great rune holders.