I don’t know exactly what it is, but Elden Ring is lacking the magic of other souls games...

I don’t know exactly what it is, but Elden Ring is lacking the magic of other souls games, and I’m finding it difficult to return to it. Anyone else think this? Pretty much every souls title (even 2) kept me more intrigued than Elden Ring did. After a few hours on it, I grew tired of the world and feel that it’s somehow their worst game with the best presentation. Even the new Demon’s Souls was better

Attached: B9D64AE5-6DFC-4D25-AC21-097CDF303BA1.jpg (1920x1080, 779.09K)

I think DS2 is still their worst, but ER is right behind it.

Agreed, but even Dark Souls 2 was more innovative at times

DS2, DS3 and ER are all shit. Argue which one is the worst all you want but at the end of the day they all smell like a Amber turd.

DS3 has its flaws but none of them fatal imo. I also think it has maybe the best collection of boss fights in a From game (that or Sekiro) so I personally could never call it shit or put it in the same category as DS2 and ER.

It's the open world.
You know this.
Perfect if you're a scrubber who loves the heckin' exploring and the adventuring bro.
Dogshit if you actually just want to play a Soulslike.

You’ve played too many of them and are getting older

Things usually lose their charm once you experience them a lot

Yeah you’re right. It’s not just that I’m looking to play a soulslike and not explore, it’s the fact that it doesn’t genuinely feel open world in a way the same way a game like Skyrim does. It doesn’t feel alive at all. It feels like a big Dark Souls 3 map with a horse added. You just go places, kill enemies and kill bosses. The formula could have been executed far better

I have 154 hours into Elden Ring and I haven't even started the Capital or the Mountain regions. I love this game.

Attached: elden_ring_41.jpg (1920x1080, 121.7K)

>haven't even started the Capital

What have you been doing? There's not THAT much in Limgrave.

>I’m finding it difficult to return to
>it doesn’t genuinely feel open world in a way the same way a game like Skyrim does

You're a low-IQ ultra casual. That's okay. Even simps like you need entertainment. Bethesda games exist precisely for people like you.

Attached: oblivion_is_horrible_to_look_at_.jpg (672x712, 79.99K)

Looking back, there were a lot of great fights in Sekiro, especially that giant ape. Bloodborne has some of the best too

Exact opposite for me. Tied with DS1 for best world design IMO, second best in terms of exploration. Something of a return to form in terms of the focus on an overall experience. I could happily spend hours just revisiting different parts of the world and soaking it in.
Is this bait? Are you saying exploration isn't part of being a "soulslike"
I wish the world felt more alive too, but as far as dying and mostly abandoned worlds go, I think they did a great job

Skyrim is better than Elden Ring in pretty much every regard

There are many more places than Limgrave. Caelid, Weeping Peninsula, Liurnia of the Lakes, Dragonbarrow, Altus Plateau, There's a ton of stuff to do. There are so many bosses. There are caves and ruins and dungeons all over the place. There is all that underground area.

Attached: elden_ring_38.jpg (1920x1080, 721.21K)

>lacking the magic
you had to try really hard to not say "soul" didn't you?

It just doesn't trigger your nostalgia. New things will never look good compared to old things that you favor too highly.

>Skyrim is better than Elden Ring in pretty much every regard...

...said the ultra-casual

Attached: bethesda_tes_skyrim_dumbed_down_dumbing_down_21.jpg (800x1600, 275.56K)

>it just doesn’t trigger your nostalgia

Funny you say this because it actually does quite a bit. It feels remarkably similar to Dark Souls 3 mostly and has a blend of pretty much every previous souls game. There’s even a bit of Sekiro influence. Maybe I got tired of it because it isn’t as new as I was hoping. Bloodborne and Sekiro were entirely new experiences/aesthetics. Even Demons Souls separates itself from Dark Souls in its own way. Not feeling that here

I seriously don't know how you could think Demon's Souls has a more distinctive world than Elden Ring. How far have you played?

I’ll admit that that was a stretch. I got very deep into the map but haven’t caught a terrible amount of bosses. My point is that the game just doesn’t feel awfully original

Because it's an inflated/bloated DS3 and gets boring rather quick. Spirits are nice, but I wished for more innovation, especially in story telling..

Agreed on innovation. I thought they would make the open world formula far more interesting but they didn’t

My biggest disappointment with DS3 was lack of originality and I expected to feel that even more strongly with Elden Ring, but susprisingly I didn't. I think as a culmination of all the different souls games the dramatically different setting and the new enemy designs and open world are enough to keep it feeling original, but I understand your position. Maybe give it another try in a couple years when you haven't played any souls games for a while