We will go another year without Metroid Prime 4 being shown

We will go another year without Metroid Prime 4 being shown.

Attached: metroid prime 4.jpg (1280x720, 53.69K)

Game is dead, user

was vaporware from the start and only brainlets believe it was in development at some chink company kek

tendies are just brainrotten today

Any chance of it still releasing on the switch?

I'd say no. Prime games were always the games that could take great advantage of a hardware graphics wise and there's no way Prime 4 wasn't going to do any better than "good for the Switch". Also they probably want gyro controls but since it's not quite as good as the Wii Remote + Wii Sensor Bar combo in terms of latency and precision (which would be very noticable in a game like Metroid Prime if you can from the Wii Remote IR sensor controls), I see this being for Nintendo's next console. I'm banking on Nintendo's take on VR for the next console.

Maybe the first prime game, but Prime 3 came out on the Wii and while it looked good for the system it wasn’t anything groundbreaking, was carried by a good artstyle.

Prime 2 looked marginally better than the first game and at that point there were already plenty of games that looked just as good

>announce it before any plan for development
>give it to bamco singapore for God knows what reason
>as expected they produce something that could only be an unsalvageable abombination
>give it to Retro Studios in a desperate attempt to actually get it made
>the new CURRENT_YEAR Austin based hires probably keep trying to put inane shit in it and fail to meet the rubber stamping of Nintendo

Nintendo isn't going to go back to making good hardware, it doesn't matter if it release on switch or not. The next nintendo system will be ps4 tier in terms of power

I still do think the visuals were something they had in mind considering how early the came out with the launch reveal, but you're absolutely right. Still, I think it may have come down to the way the game plays more than anything else. I can't think of much other reason for why Nintendo would completely scrap the game they had and start from scratch if there were huge problems with the way the game felt. Especially with respect to the Prime Trilogy. And with it taking as long as it has for development, they may want to get their moneys worth out of it rather than release it so late in the life of the console.

Don't worry, Sakamoto, his small team, and MercurySteam's Metroid team should have Metroid 6 out by next year or 2024. We'll be fine.

what you think nintendo's next system isn't going to be a piece of shit?

MS isn't even working with nintendo now, they're with 505 games.

>next year or 2024
try earliest 2025 if everything goes smoothly

Wrong, they have two teams, the bigger team is working with 505, the other team is working with Sakamoto, they and Nintendo never broke off and even Nintendo knows that would be stupid when Sakamoto not only already confirmed Metroid 6 was in development last year in June but also announced that multiple 2D games will be coming meaning we're in it for the long haul.

that's fair enough, we still wont' see a game materialize until 2025 if everything goes right

>same engine
>same team
I can see it happening at least in 2024, Prime 4 is taking too long.

>same engine
>same team
just like SR to dread

I think we are gonna get this in the same way as BOTW, cross platform with better visuals and performance on the next console. Switch hardware is trash by today standards. Even at release it was a weak system. The three other games pushed the limits of the system, Gamecube and Wii so i don't see this at 30ish FPS or something.

>i don't see this at 30ish FPS or something.
you are setting yourself up for disappointment, the GC was the last time nintendo had decent hardware and prime 3 was 60fps due to the wii still being in SD. Dread can't even maintain 60fps despite being a simplistic sidescroller. Nintendo's next system is going to be shit too, it won't get games to reach 60fps unless they're simplistic like mario kart or splatoon, at best the resolution will increase

Nintendo will do what Nintendo does and innovate to create a more dynamic and enjoyable gaming experience. I expect them to keep pumping out games on switch and create the best vr experience ever like virtual boy 2

>VR
gay meme shit

Let me rephrase what i said. This NEEDS to be at 60FPS like the previous games. I can accept 720p but below 60 is a no-no for me.

No. This is gonna be the one. It's been three years.

3 and a half years at the very least, likely around 4

>This NEEDS to be at 60FPS like the previous games. I can accept 720p but below 60 is a no-no for me.
Even OG Gamecube version ran at 60fps, so I agree. If you're not getting 60fps and the best the console can provide with a great mixture of wonderful artstyle and actually pushing the hardware, that alone would hurt absolutely some of the overall experience of Prime 4.

>needs to be 60fps
yeah and we needed the switch not to be a piece of shit or at least give us a pro halfway in, nintendo doesn't give a fuck. As long as the BING BING WAHOO plays fine they'll spend the least amount of money on hardware