Choose your fighter

Choose your fighter

Attached: FGlpLDrWYAMId98.jpg (1920x1920, 519.65K)

Name 1 game that does chaotic evil

Attached: metroid.jpg (795x707, 40.22K)

Amazing.

pretty sure that was the standard way of doing it for cheap games back in the day

Limbo of the Lost

I pick kino mode

Attached: 1626963247084.jpg (600x480, 42.81K)

>original deus ex had working mirrors
>an alarming number of games after its time couldn't fucking do it

Attached: 1501019048166.jpg (571x720, 164.54K)

What game does top right?

that one watch dogs webm where the mirror just shows the player pov until it updates

Arx Fatalis had a segment where you enter a room where the whole wall is a mirror and you can make out a blurry image that behaves as your reflection. If you get close to it, it jumps out and attacks. You then realize you can also walk past the mirror into another identical room

Raytracing is really fancy, too bad is not cheap enough "for everything". But hey, its already faster for a room with a gazilion reflections and works properly on curved surfaces.

Render to target texture looks awful in VR because its a freaking "2d texture" that holds no depth.

Screenspace feels like the "omg, it will work great for pudles of water in the horizon at shallow angles" and then people tried to rely on it for everything else. (just draw everything upside down dude, no one will see the difference!)

(pic related) Rendering the room feels mostly as a cheat because they use it in rooms with half the detail. (i.e. small ones)

Attached: 00.jpg (631x354, 58.86K)

Attached: 1628964541403.png (480x270, 178.3K)

good job

games like... ehh every deus ex after original deus ex

Attached: 1647605571359.jpg (937x550, 42.83K)

>bad photo texture of the empty room
>but its a vampire game

Attached: 1498932884.jpg (680x544, 35.8K)

I don't see what's wrong with rendering twice, just count mirrors towards the render budget and forget about it.
I guess it won't work if you want multiple mirrors that can see each other or if you want dynamic lighting to visibly reflect from it, but to that I say, stop masturbating with your graphics card and work on the fucking gameplay

thanks chief

Where is this? I've played it tons of times and don't remember that

The shitbox consoles are the problem that have no space for any budget or the game will look worser/shit and not sell. Rendering twice is something you could pull for PC games maybe where you can sell it as a feature so that you upgrade your gpu. Cyberpunk 2077 was so fucked that they needed a mirror lock toggle.

When you get to the city of the snake women, during the trials to get one of the two rings. Krahoz or Zohark, forgot which of the two

But... it's not like you have to render twice all the time. Just when there's an intact mirror in view. Which most of the time is gonna be in a bathroom or small indoor space. If you're struggling to render a fucking bathroom to the point where a mirror is a problem maybe cut down on the clutter.
desu I suspect the devs just are too clueless to implement the extra-render solution anymore, the rest is just excuses.