Was I supposed to hate this game?

Was I supposed to hate this game?

Attached: metal-gear-solid-41-70ff72ce745c979c3d15545855162424-640-0.jpg (640x736, 86.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wBLCS46OkYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You weren't even supposed to play it.

Yes but they kept going and made games that were arguably worse

kinda maybe
brother didn't like it, then again he didn't play the other ones besides 5

I think so yeah, pretty sure Kojima just absolutely did not want to make it and is showing people, "This is what the future of MGS is if we keep milking the franchise." Then people ended up loving it and it sold a gorillion copies so Konami forced him to make MGSV

still think it has the best gameplay in the series, too bad you only get to experience it for 3-5 hours total across a 15-20 hours game

no, it's a masterpiece. any piece of art that makes so many seethe is great.

No. Any Forums just hates it because it's good and they have to say the opposite because everyone here's a contrarian fuckhead.

4 at least has the identity and soul of a Metal Gear title, regardless of how fucking stupid that story was, for that reason alone it has a place in my heart. The series died after this one.

Attached: 124253462562.gif (350x263, 2.41M)

Obviously

Attached: Screenshot_20220601-155622.jpg (1080x2062, 305.76K)

Honestly, I thought it was kino. But I was also a little stoned for most of it and was just about to leave for college. Sort of felt like a nice send off for my childhood

god i love mgs4 so much bros
youtube.com/watch?v=wBLCS46OkYo

Attached: 1647487692023.jpg (1242x739, 120.59K)

This is the correct take. It's a pretty dumb story, filled with weak bosses and probably the worst pacing of any game I've played, but at least it still felt like MGS. I had fun with the moment to moment gameplay of 5, but it is nearly completely devoid of character and I doubt I will ever replay it the way I continue to do so with the rest of the series. 5 has retroactively made me appreciate the attempt at a MGS title that was 4.

What was going through Kojima's mind when he decided to make Big Boss alive in the end?

to be fair mgsv was pretty retarded too

Attached: 1634974792866.jpg (1305x892, 722.16K)

I hated every boss fight that didn't involve Liquid Ocelot.

Attached: 1314785184495.jpg (1136x3152, 473.55K)

true,the rest is just railcar shooter,and the robots in shadow moses was fucking stupid,but the cqc mechanic where fucking fun.

I don't think anything's been going through Kojima's mind since MGS3 except pure self-masturbatory fantasies
He's a bigger hack than David Cage

It's the best game in the series. I've come to realise this over the years. It's 14 years old and it still feels fresh as fuck. It's the liminality between old and new Kojima, it's creative in an unrestrained manner without huffing its own farts. It's got the highest highs in the series.
It's also the best stealth game ever made. The active camo system is genius and is integrated perfectly. This is something people are too shy to say, but that's okay, I'll be the one to say it.

No, it was a good retarded game part of the only 3 games that matters.
Metal gear solid, mgs2 and 4, the rest is overrated garbage.

Attached: Metal_Gear_Solid.png (600x512, 477.44K)

Most of them felt like lame efforts to milk nostalgia. The successful exceptions to me were Rex/Ray and Liquid Ocelot.

4 has a lot of great things going for it, only hidden behind tons of cutscenes and most importantly a badly balanced game (most regular gameplay is in Act 1 and 2, players can cheese the game with MK.2)

Still pretty good.

MGO2, on the other hand, that shit was fire from the first day to the last. 10/10

The MGS4 story is weak when you look at what Liquid's plan was and how it was supposed to work, but overall I'd say it's pretty smart? It was released before GAFAM made us their bitches and nailed it well.

MGS3 plays great, has perfect atmosphere and isn't as retarded as MGS1 plot wise (although they're both pretty dumb)

MGS2 is the only "solidly" written one. The other 3 are very entertaining, but also dumb.

Imagine being such a fucking casual that this is your opinion when Peace Walker exists.