Everything about this game is perfect to me, the UI, sound design, atmosphere, gameplay, plot, art direction...

Everything about this game is perfect to me, the UI, sound design, atmosphere, gameplay, plot, art direction, it's a 10/10

Attached: e756b6273eca1f773cfe6e6ed612c664.png (600x900, 584.29K)

This is one of the least controversial opinions I've seen, but get ready to be 'corrected'.

really? I thought the story was dumb. and I love cult stuff. tidemann was a boring antagonist.

I thought it sucked compared to 1 tbqh. Wasn't spooky at all and it relied more on shock value moments rather than pure dread.

1 isn't scary. 2 plays better.

>walk down corridor, slowly.
>monster jumps out
>kill monster
>repeat for 10 hours
do you drool a lot?

I've always been curious on the overlap of Dead Space fans who enjoyed this out of desperation for more third person horror-themed shooters. Is it a minority who enjoy both? A majority?

Attached: 2670662-insidewrap-03-1024-11.jpg (473x686, 111.1K)

I wish there were more action horror games, sisters.

not directed by Glen Schofield so it's essentially a fan game

Attached: dead space.jpg (3360x1890, 2.65M)

We're out there. TEW is a future classic no doubt.

>that part where you fly haphazardly like fucking iron man in space to get from one part of the space station to the other

Attached: 1895428172.jpg (1920x1080, 291.97K)

It's the best fan game of all time.

If 1 isn't scary then 2 is practically a childrens game in comparison. It doesn't play that much better either. Even disregarding all of that I far prefer the setting of 1 and the overall look and tone of that game more.

Could not stand that game's half-assed stealth. Felt like a good game trapped inside of a mediocre one. Too much shit ripped from generic western games like crafting, stealth, turret sections, even an upgrade tree.

That orchestral hit gets grating after about half an hour. Yet you hear it at least once a minute in game

You could always get the sequel to the amazing, legendary Daymare 1998 haha...

Attached: ReLIFE-Smile.jpg (1280x720, 340.47K)

I don't play horror games to be scared. mainly because I don't find them scary. take a stroll down a bad neighborhood at night if you want that. I play horror games for the fun interesting enemies, and 2 has that in spades, far more expansive roster than 1 does. it also doesn't have those bullshit overly fast enemies that break the game. every new one in 2 perfectly fits with what the series was always aiming for, which is being more slow and methodical and paying attention to your surroundings.

It's modern Naughty Dog game compared to Dead Space 1.
1 > 3 > 2

Fair. I don't find horror games scary either but I generally prefer them when they attempt to be be scary. Its less about being "scared" and moreso about the mood or atmosphere a game genuinely attempting to be scary creates. I admit I haven't played 2 in a while but it didn't wow me my first time, I think I'll give it another go sometime soon.

>zoomer has no standards
every time

Uncharted has shitty gunplay, and if you're looking to compare on that DS3 is the worst of the series. DS3 guns are so powerful the game might as well be a farce.

1 and 2 are already farces if you're not completely retarded. Nothing can approach you with the force gun

Tiedeman was the only good antagonist in DS2, wtf are you on about? His character is an ultra-rigid beaurocrat utilizing extreme measures to handle an extreme situation. Nothing he does is unreasonable, he saves a shitload of civilians, and he only stands in Isaac's way because the man is a massive threat to containment. He's a good antagonist because he's NOT a villai. And he outright apologizes to Isaac for trying to kill him, but rationally explains why he has to do it.

Tiedeman is underrated as fuck and the best antagonist in the franchise by a country fucking mile.

The opening made me so hype after waiting from the first fame

>First one is Alien in his style, clautstrophobic, reserved in his environment, more based on tension than the second one
>Second one is Aliens, all guns blazing, catchphrase when killing things, le evil corporation even more central to the story than the first one, a lot of open environments, you're not alone anymore to fight (kendra and the black dude didn't fight shit, just hide)
I prefer the bombastic attitude of the second one, where it's a big blockbuster with cool necromorphs and action scenes, but the first one was a slap when I've played it at launch, and loved the atmosphere of the Ishimura.
>Also, fuck those chicken/raptor necromorph in the unitologist chuch. Those one scared me

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 151.32K)

If i enjoyed the first half of evil within 2 would i like 1? I liked 2 when i was exploring houses and killing humanoid monsters but then it turned into an on rails corridor walker

You definitely won't like 1.

Didnt think so.

The pacing sucked shit though, the zero gravity was gimped for retards, too many scripted moments, too easy outside of a few gotcha rooms and the story regularly got in the way of the gameplay.
It's an overall step down from the first game but still has plenty of good.

not a perfect 10 but very close to it. I refuse to acknowledge 3's existence.

Attached: Dead Space Isaac Gets Cucked.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

First one is ultra linear with stealth and a lot more ammo management. Like the need to use traps against enemies.
Also, you need to burn all the corpses with matchsticks or just headshot them.
It's a gift to have taken this idea down for the sequel.

>you need to burn all the corpses with matchsticks

it's a common misconception unless you're exclusively referring to corpses that are there before you arrive.