What's the scariest horror game you've ever played?

what's the scariest horror game you've ever played?

Attached: backrooms youtube thumbnail soyjak.jpg (1280x720, 175.06K)

Darkwood.

League of Legends
I've realized that we're doomed to fail

soma

cry of fear gave me the heebie-jeebies

Cry of fear
I did play it when it came out though.

Attached: 0f848d8ede067da8872a4be74a7c7f7646f9b3a7edbe3e11e9142dcc19c9bf75.jpg (636x1000, 204.31K)

Liminal Spaces was never about horror.

Attached: 433277-l.jpg (400x516, 20.99K)

Attached: PT.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Condemned Criminal Origins probably got to me the most.

oh my

Cryostasis.

Subnautica
going miles down into the ocean caused bricks to be shitted

probably the scariest game ever made and its only a snippet of what could've been

I have this book but haven't read it yet.

Cry of Fear easily. Then probably Lost in Vivo.

And every horror game after the fact ripped it off. It's unbelievable Kojima has never made a horror game.

Fingerboys are for eating, not pointing at.

>ARRRGH ITS GRANNY ROUND THE CORNER! SAVE ME MOMMY!

Visage. Couldn't finish it

Detention
It's scary in a very different way in that very little about it is explicitly scary, but the fucking atmosphere is near suffocating. Also the story it's based on is scary in a humanitarian way, makes you feel sick to your stomach kind of thing.

Attached: detention-netflix-adaptation.jpg (1710x900, 108.95K)

>"2 0 4 8 6 3"
>"Look behind you. I said, look behind you."

>Looks behind
>Get scared to the eternity

>haven't been scared by a game since hitting my 20s
I miss that shit, honestly.

Attached: pull the trigger.jpg (720x678, 56.38K)

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Attached: WoodyTime.png (720x724, 516.93K)

in terms of got me:
>fatal frame 2
>forbidden siren 1/2/blood curse
>2 moments in condemned 1
>lost in vivo
>phasmophobia
in terms of good fucking horror games in general that aren't silent hill:
>the cat lady/downfall/lorelai
(more thriller but still good once you get past the real bad VA work which actually adds to the charm as it goes on)
>yomawari
>world of horror
not scary just tense with """horror""" elements
>I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
same as above but for other reasons
>dreadout (fuck you I liked it edition)
>detention

Attached: 1615666996399.jpg (408x717, 29.84K)

Iron Lung was the last game I played where the atmosphere/tension was just right.
Shame it fucking ends in a jump scare and cut to credits, but it kind of earns it I guess.

i played fear on release in a dark room, did a full clear over two days on meth and mushrooms and it has warped my reality forever
>the blood hallway
crazy shit

Maybe I held it to too high of a standard when I played it, but once I realized to turn around every time I hear a noise because something will jump at you from behind, the game lost like 90% of the horror. And the first boss just robotically decapitating himself with a chainsaw was hilarious. But it was free, so I can't bitch too much

Ecco the Dolphin.

Is a very important book from United States. Give it a try.

I love FEAR as a game but I have no idea how the fuck it's scary.
With the blood hallway I could tell immediately I was in no danger so I just didn't give a shit. At least later in the game the ghosts pose a threat, but they're not very intimidating visually.

My first dive in to spooky games as a kid was STALKER. But I would always psyche myself out. Sometimes I would get to the main menu music and it would just hit me too hard and I'd quit. Don't get me started on the labs. Eventually I learned that once I was actually playing it I was fine and now it is one of my favorite games. Life lessons.

>NOOOOOOOOO DON'T MAKE LE SHAKY JACOB'S LADDER GHOST SPOOK ME BY SEIZING IN MY FACE NOOOOOOOOO
>OH NOOOOOOOOO MY PRECIOUS CARPET IS STAINED FROM BLOOD BY A COFFIN SWINGING AROUND OH NOOOOO
>NOT LE FETUS CRYING SO DEEEEP
PT was only good because nobody knew what the fuck it was when the production value was so high, the actual horror is fucking dogshit

Why is it anytime we talk about anything horror related we always have some faggot talking about how he never gets scared by anything?

Attached: 1608423554558.jpg (640x638, 47.04K)

hope you've never suffered from even the slightest hint of schizophrenia or else boy oh boy, it's over for you if you give this fucking book a try

SlenderMan

F.E.A.R

Stalker