Isn't it weird how big this console is both online and back then...

Isn't it weird how big this console is both online and back then? It gets so much praise thrown at it despite having less than 300 games released in the US. Everyone talks about it like the PlayStation and N64 were neck and neck but the reality is it had fewer games than the Saturn did. Why do you think that is?

Attached: file.png (400x300, 238.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

media.gettyimages.com/videos/interior-shots-gamers-browsing-nintendo-64-games-and-consoles-on-in-video-id495917116
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mario
Zelda
Pokemon
The same shit as always. The N64 only sold like 20 million consoles compared to 100 million PS1's but the Nintendo fanboys are loud and basically like a cult. They are really entrenched and obsessed with the brand. They have no issues playing the same old Mario Kart, Pokemon and Smash games, which are all basically the same fucking shit, over and over again. They love it. They crave it. They need it. Nintendo fanboys are, have always been and will always be the most loyal, demented and delusional fanboys ever.

Quality over quantity

Honestly this. It's also why the Dreamcast gets such a good reputation online and offline.

These threads are why literally everyone hates snoys btw

/thread

spbp, nobody buys more than 50 games for a console besides collectors

most people dont get more than 10-15 desu especially back then

There were always rentals or visiting friends houses.

N64 was the party machine, back when people actually went over to other peoples houses to play games. Even if you didn't own one, you probably knew a person who did and you'd go over to their house to play games because N64 had the better multiplayer games. You didn't go over to someones house to watch them play JRPGs or MGS, you went over to play Smash, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Party or Mario Kart.

That's why it was popular even if it sold much less, because 1 N64 was probably used by like 8 to 10 kids in the neighborhood.

Mario 64 was pretty much the megaton punch the console needed to stand against the PS1, and considering people remember that game more fondly than almost any PS1 game not named Metal Gear Solid or FFVII, I'd say it worked
Having four player support natively while the PS1 only had two players built-in also helped it have a bigger multiplayer scene as well. I honestly can't name off the top of my head any PS1 multiplayer game that isn't one of the Tekkens.

Sounds like you never played a lot of playstation

true I forgot about that. I missed out on getting over 100 free ps1 games too when I was a kid. My uncle was cop involved in piracy court case and gave me briefcase full of pirated ps1 games from the evidence as he said nobody would miss them lol. But I was only like 9 or 10 and didnt know how to mod the ps1 to get them to work

Attached: 1650649231149.jpg (1000x750, 128.25K)

You had to have been there zoomer. I was around 8 and never played vidya. Got a PS1 and had no fucking clue what I was doing. The internet wasn't what it was so to find games you had to travel to a store and look at 100's of game boxes on shelves (Google "Funcoland catalogue" to understand). PS1 - Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Siphon filter, Rainbow Six. All seemed like intimating adult games. I traded my PS1 in for a 64 and took home Star Fox. Later I found Banjo, Mario 64, Army Men, Beetle Adventure Racing, GoldenEye, Smash, etc.
As a teenager the 64 wouldn't come close to what the PS1 had to offer, but as a kid my friends and I literally had those pizza hut sleep overs and played Mario Cart and talked about chicks until the AM.
media.gettyimages.com/videos/interior-shots-gamers-browsing-nintendo-64-games-and-consoles-on-in-video-id495917116

Attached: a different time.png (800x1172, 1.68M)

Start naming games

10th post best post.

It was coming off the SNES and Pokemon was in full effect. I also expect that in the US, the N64 was closer in sales to the PS1 compared to other regions.

It was, N64 actually sold as well as the SNES did in the US. So as a kid nothing would've really seemed that wrong aside from the lack of game output.

Twisted metal basically made car combat a genre on its own.

Ah yes I remember using this cope when I was a little 13 year old gamecube faggot on message boards. It really makes no sense though because PS1 and PS2 both had more high quality games than N64 and GC. When you're that far ahead, the quality v quantity argument doesnt work because PS1/2 had both.

All I can think of is Crash Team Racing, which was a Mario Kart clone. Gamecube is popular with people now despite selling poorly for the same reason, way more people owned a PS2 but you'd still go over to a friends house and play something like Smash or Double Dash and playing games with friends is a good childhood memory that people will remember fondly, and thus remember the console fondly.

The Gamecube was basically the last generation for that, the following gen we have people fondly remembering Xbox Live on the 360 instead.

this, everyone wondering why it had such high praise is a zoomie who wasn't alive for it

Is that why you're seething 25 years later?

Or Sony and Sega brand cultists who were alive but didn't have any friends. This guy in particular stands out

>25 years
If anything I'm less seething than ever as an adult that doesn't find internet console wars a valuable use of time.

I feel like Playstation appealed more to single player types while Nintendo appealed more to multiplayer types. Nintendo had the better multiplayer experience by far with the 64 and GCN, but PS1 and PS2 had a lot of great single player experiences to make up for not having a lot of "party game" titles in comparison.
Xbox was trying to aim for a happy medium with focusing more on online multiplayer, but considering I never had one like I did with PS2 and GCN it's hard for me to say that with 100% certainty.

Attached: reflecto.png (194x213, 30.17K)

The thing is, I did have friends, and I do have fond memories of Mario Party 1-3, MK64, Diddy Kong, Goldeneye, and more. But objectively speaking the PS1 absolutely has more good games. It just does. That doesn't take away any of the fun I had nor does it diminish the quality of the N64 in general.

you only needed a couple of games for the n64 to last for the entire generation and more, even today n64 roms are more popular than emulating psx games

Yeah you sound totally chill. Good luck with that.

OG Xbox is extremely underrated. It had a ton of good exclusives, great multiplayer games, and the best versions of multiplats. Plus Xbox live was legitimately great then, you could actually make friends with people and have fun. A lot more like classic PC communities than the modern fuckfire it is now.

This is mostly due to word of mouth isn't it? Having just 3 games that people overinflate the importance of and them only being 12MB makes them a lot easier to store, transfer and share than PS1 games on the lower end were around 150MB.

>It just does
Keep telling yourself that

>Having just 3 games that people overinflate the importance of
You're describing the PS1

Reminder that the N64 has less than 200 games in Japan.

OK console warrior.

losers and gentlemen of nu-Any Forums, THIS is what cope looks like. Pay attention carefully.

N64 had very region specific success. It bombed in Japan, didn't bomb quite as hard in Europe, and was more successful than SNES in the US.

>It bombed in Japan
Interesting, looks like the Saturn outsold it. That's something.

Imagine not being able to see the irony of your posts. How's life as an adult with autism?

Whoa, Mr. 10th grade English has deciphered the hidden meaning of my posts.

More schizo babble from a pathetic manchild