Why was it so poorly designed?

Why was it so poorly designed?

Attached: Flagship1stStage.png (523x598, 321.14K)

Because if you got that far it was only due to good RNG giving you a good set of easy encounters that let you get a bunch of crew members and a fuckton of scrap

I thought this was a Mahjong thread and I don't know why I entered but I guess I'm disappointed somehow

Don't care you worthless idiot.

i never get past the second gate, game is way too fucking hard

>max shields
>not too many offensive weapons, but enough to get by
>think I'm being clever by suffocating the crew
>ship goes into drone mode, all the drones rip my face open
Well fuck

Not him but fuck you and kill yourself.

You can get a 90%+ winrate on hard by being good.

>boss that requires absolute meta mastery to defeat consistently
>poorly designed
It's perfectly designed and you got filtered.
is right.

When you say this, do you mean with every ship, or with the same ship and strat every time?

With every ship I believe.

>boss is the only thing with new mechanics specifically designed to invalidate strategies that work on everything else
Yes, I am mad that boarding doesn't work because it has a bunch of disconnected rooms and can run on space magic even when all the crew is dead :)))

Because it hard counters some strats.
if you wasted scrap on teleport the boss is objectivly significantly harder because not only is it impossible to win via boarding but it powers up if all the crew is killed.
Also because other strats like cloaking is almost mandatory.

The only element that makes it poorly designed are the power surges being one note barrages only counterable with cloaking. You can win without it, but it’s leaving so much to luck no matter how many other defensive options you’ve poured scrap into like anti-drones etc etc

I saw some fucking autist with hundreds of hours of footage doing this very thing on twitch. Absolutely baffling.

This. People who cry about RNG are fucking retards

risk management is lost on most people. It's why people are fat/in debt/miserable, too, incidentally. Retards suffer. Nature.

Very true user. Calculated risks are what make life (and FTL) so much fun

Make better decisions. Never use auto fire ever. Fire all of your shots at once. Target whichever enemy subsystem is going to cause you the most problems, e.g. if they have hard hitting weapons, focus on those

Flipping shitfuck

Attached: 20220528184548_1.jpg (1920x1081, 558.53K)

It wasn't so much the boss being badly designed as having a boss battle in this game was doomed from the start unless you added some suprise mechanic totally out of left field. FTL's combat and resource management focus doesn't lend itself to a good final boss scenario. Resource management when it comes to the boss is MAYBE making sure you have enough missles and drone parts if you even use them at all. The combat is almost impossible to "balance" since there's a mix of different strategies that may or may not be hard-countered depending on a few choice dice rolls. Even a seemingly consistent and OP strategy like 3+ burst lasers or boarding can be fucked by the boss instantly if the right system gets hacked/boarded/damaged. Conversely, even a retarded and slow strat can work if you were lucky enough in the early/mid game and had enough spare scrap to pad your entire ship out with system upgrades and max out most of your crew.
That still doesn't stop from being an issue on 50%+ of ships and their layouts. Once you get the hang of the game, modded overhauls included, you either win easily and methodically 60% of the time, die to bad RNG in a fight or slowly through bad loot drops 30% of the time, and the last 10% are wins and losses you can enjoy because it actually took skill and game knowledge to fight through. Intensionally picking "bad" ship layouts doesn't do anything good since all it does is shift around the "bullshit loss" and "boring win" chances.

Attached: loosing with permadeath.png (389x1087, 356.33K)

user I..