Open world killed gaming

open world killed gaming

Attached: licensed-image.jpg (1613x2048, 419.73K)

correct

no

Attached: 702.png (1242x1394, 1.41M)

open worlds are the niggers of games

Several years ago I would've called you a retard. But considering the current state of vidya, this is the true redpill

>Company I like is too incompetent and small to attempt open-world in any real capacity

Feels unironically fucking great.

Attached: 5V2ebTd.jpg (640x960, 85.62K)

BOTW was a disaster for video games

Sonic and Pokemon have no business being open world but here we are. The same games only emptier and more of a chore to traverse

Yeah, Zelda on NES pretty much was the last nail on the coffin

Name one (1) good open world game.
Protip: You can't.

Only sandbox games are good.

GTA games on the PS2

no

Games are not dead, and open world games are not terrible, but that being said most if not all open world games fail to utilize their open worlds to their highest potential. The beauty of an open environment is being able to interact with the world in various ways, but I imagine the highest level of that being a significantly more expanded Rune Factory or Stardew Valley. If we had a singleplayer RPG that had the flexibility and environment interactions of Breath of the Wild or Genshin, complete with a vibrant open world that you can freely build on, I think we would have a masterpiece.

Open world should be kept to a hub of sorts between actual levels
The zelda formula worked fine on this for years, but botw fucked it up by trying to make the open world the game and the levels secondary content

GTA games
Fallout games

>GTA
Not real open worlds, most of them had parts of their world locked behind story missions.
>Fallout
Was good until 3 came along.

What is he reacting to

>"I released the same Mario game for 999th time, how is it still selling?"

Just wait until Ys X buddy.

>Gaming killed open worlds
FTFY. Games like Gothic and Morrowind had the right idea.

>thing i don't like killed gaming
reddit

Open world becoming a trend thanks to breath of the wild is the moment creativity dies.

Attached: 5d88d2c23322885813e5133b76f44472.jpg (978x1061, 446.67K)

These types of games take forever to develop, and require even more resources as well. I'd even go as far as to say that these games would probably cost less money for the consumer to buy (even though they'll come up with any other excuse to justify a $70 game)
We're stuck with highly ambitious AAA titles that come out to be mediocre after ridiculously long development cycles. And then there's pic related

Attached: AAAA.jpg (1280x720, 125.07K)

this is so dramatic. you can smell the underage.

pretty sure assassins creed/far cry are what got the ball rolling on the open world trend

Cry about it