Why do people praise Mass Effect 2 so much when it is one of the most bare bones RPG's ever made?

Why do people praise Mass Effect 2 so much when it is one of the most bare bones RPG's ever made?

Attached: ab61dad7379cf7a5e58ef9157dea4e70a2afa9ac957093a10fc22e86d5d3a711.jpg (720x406, 54.61K)

It felt the most nice to play and the team roster was the best out of three.

But it doesn't even have a dodge or grenades. It still was better to you?

its very fun to play.
3's gameplay is better but I guess most people like 2 the most because they're mixing in their feelings about the story.

It's fun to play, has great characters, most loyalty missions are excellent (minus Jacob's), has a bombastic finale etc. Also, ME1 was already fairly bare-bones compared to Bioware's previous works and some that would come after like Dragon Age Origins.

It is the worst mass effect.

3 is the best, purely because its multiplayer was a hidden gem.

I recently played ME2 after ME1 and holy fuck
how do some people say ME2 has better combat? It's shit. I know you can mod global cooldown but it's still shit and the leveling and inventory is pure trash

>inventory is pure trash
What inventory? Also, the one in ME1 was worse. A complete clusterfuck.

Because the best part isn't the stat jerk off session. Its exploring a well crafted world full of interesting aliens to talk to. Notice how this has nothing to do with stats or combat.

>What inventory?
Exactly. At least ME1 had one. Yes, not perfect but still.

Absolutely
>Characters>>Story>>>>>>>>>>Gameplay

Because Bioware rightly realized the RPG part of ME1 sucked and instead decided to make a fun action adventure space game where you pew pew and hang out with your crew.

It has my husband, thane. Also I love the ost

>NOOOOOO YOU JUST CANT CUT CONTRIVED OUTDATED MECHANICS FROM YOUR ARPG THAT WERE ORIGINALLY DESIGNED FOR PEN AND PAPER GAMES!!!!
>BECAUSE.....
>WELL BECAUSE YOU JUST CANT!!!

because it was dumbed down enough for retards to grasp it

What it lacks in the RPG mechanics department it makes up for with great characters, enjoyable story, and the best level design in the game.

I for one disliked the switch to thermal clips.

>Multiplayer was great
>all the Multiplayer expansions were free
>despite having loot box unlocks you could easily unlock everything for free just by playing
>even added The Biotic God as a meme class
>PVE so no constant balance patches and you could play as OP or meme build as you want
3's Multiplayer was great, and the Multiplayer was the only decent part of Andromeda. Shame that Andromeda's SP was so buggy and shit that it flopped and killed the game and any potential multiplayer from the SP.

It's a generic third person shooter with visual novel sections between missions. It was very revolutionary for normalfag games when it came out.

Yeah streamlining and sucking dick are what I love too!

Its okay to admit you have garbage taste user.