ITT: games you never understood the appeal of

ITT: games you never understood the appeal of
Can not be more recent than 2012 (before last decade)
I think people only liked this game because the girl said "shake shake". It gets touted as an n64 hidden gem but it seems pretty mediocre to me. Which is fine, there's nothing wrong with playing average games every once in a while, but this one always gets blown out of proportion like it's this undiscovered masterpiece.

Attached: shake shake.jpg (480x360, 33.43K)

mischief makers is definitely hyped up because it's one of the only weird anime 2d games on the n64 (while the ps1/saturn had tons) but speeding around on the jetpack and slamming stuff into other stuff is a lot of fun and the game just oozes personality with all its weird gimmicks like the sports festival segment thats just an extended joke

mischief makers is fun af actually a great game

I can understand why dumb zoomers like certain games but will never understand FNAF.

It’s a fun game but definitely on the B-tier of Treasure games.

How far in did you get? It's definitely a slow starter but not in a DUDE IT GETS GOOD 40 HOURS IN type of way.

it has so much SOUL + technology that I can't fathom how anyone wouldn't like it.

No, it's good, and one of the very few N64 games to age well.

>be op
>pic related

Attached: IMG_20220601_213852.jpg (728x740, 79.85K)

Played it at a friend's house years ago when it came out. He was obsessed with it but wouldn't explain to me what was so good about it.
I may have been snide and childish about it, but heck maybe I'll try it again.

because she is the intergalatic cybot G

Attached: omi0px.jpg (1000x992, 694.81K)

Shake shake

Shake Shake

its one of the best 2d platformers of all time. the only other game that comes close for me is tomba. boot up an n64 emulator and try it.

The boss battles, are direction, and soundtrack are all phenomenal. I wouldn't praise it as some masterpiece, but it's not very far off either and it's certainly unique enough mechanically that i can see why some people would really hold it in high regards

nintendo only kids managed to control an embarrassing amount of early internet discourse surrounding games and this is the only "weird anime girl game" n64 kids got to play so they all hype it up even though goemon is a better game and more anime

I never played this piece of shit, but AVGN didn’t like it, so it goes without saying that its bad.

THROUGH FIRE
JUSTICE IS SERVED

Attached: 1441748-lunar06.png (320x271, 82.63K)

i loved it because the levels were all over the place. at the time i was used to sidescrollers being move left or right until you win. mischief makers had lots of weird objectives like chasing after some dude, rescuing a cat, participating in some kind of sports tournament, etc.

HELP ME MARRRRIIIINAAAA

Attached: 1581555639545.jpg (2056x2990, 543.97K)

There is beating a level then there is getting a gold gem, when you do go for those you realize how well everything is made and how clever the game can be.
It's a good way to add hardmode without the usual bullshit that many games go for.

>barely sampled it in my younger days
>cut to modern times
>only available through spotty emulators
>no other games like it
I've created my own mischiefless hell.

It's a fun arcadey game with cool bosses, fun gimmicks, satisfying moveset and decent challenge if you're aiming for the best ending. Sin & Punishment is the superior Treasure N64 game but MM is also pretty great

Only people who haven't played it all the way through think its a mediocre game. It's absurdness is why people remember it so fondly.

Attached: 789689675567.gif (500x329, 76.63K)