Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader

youtube.com/watch?v=I4VUmndj9rw
>40k cRPG announced by Owlcat studios (Developer who made the two Pathfinder cRPGs, Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous)
Any thoughts Any Forums?

Attached: 1654107296646.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

>Rogue Trader
Well, it's that or some 30k if you want choose your own adventure with combat in between

Attached: 1619980307536.jpg (2000x2098, 397.9K)

I thought Rogue Traders were part of the Imperium, why is there a eldar there?

I knew they were working on a sci-fi game and seeing this was still a shock. The in-engine footage looks fucking trippy, but I enjoyed Owlcat's vidya so far, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this aside from bugs.

I think the idea is you're on the edge of known Imperium space and basically don't have many rules as long as you're doing good for the Imperium. iirc basically as long as it's not a chaosnigger or they don't shoot first they're fair game to offer a job on your crew to.

>Psyker
>Navigator
>Eldar
>Space wolf
>Sister of Battle
Neat but
>No Tech Priest waifu

They have a loiscense to do whatever they want outside Imperial space, (assuming it's not turning against the Imperium) so they typically make friends with some of the aliens.

Attached: 1613773288155.jpg (1000x1000, 104.71K)

They are free*
But that furfag isn't

I love the TTRPG so I'm looking forward to it.
How are the Pathfinder games?
also
>no techboy
Sad!

Rogue Trader has rules for sanctioned xenos, basically "you're obscenely rich and powerful and operate on the edge of imperial space anyway so we'll let you keep your kroot bodyguard or eldar booty slide as long as you don't flaunt it".

As long as what you do helps them and you don't become a chaosfag you have practically free reign.
If you're going to do a RPG in Warhammer and not have your party be limited to just one race Rogue Traders are a good option. you'll likely have to be human if you're the captain though unless they try to bullshit something.

>Romance
It's owlcat so don't be surprised when just before you fuck the sister of battle she talks about the numerous orgys she's participated in. One of the writers there seems to have a fetish for used goods.

80-100 hours of kinda mediocre main story, half the companions will be bland and the other half special snowflake backstories, but full of character building and theorycrafting

Also both games have a garbage campaign map mechanic so I expect this will too.

Rogue Trader (1st edition 40k) was much less faggy and grimdark with the lore than current editions, it was more pulpy and much closer to the material that inspired it, like Judge Dredd. So cross faction stuff was quite expected.

Rogue Traders (in universe) operate with quite a lot of freedom and are one of the few places you will still see cross faction interaction that isn't mary sue shit.

CRPGs suck and Owlcat is especially trash but I might just have to put up with it for the setting.

>Owlcat Rogue trader
Holy fuck it actually happened. I didn't think they were actually teasing this when they said space setting but here we are.

pathfinder games are great but have some annoying flaws and require small amounts of certain kind of autism to truly enjoy. if you have it then they will be amazing
i would absolutely recommend them if you like, lets say, pillars of eternity

Anytime they show off the promotional image with party members there's always more. Kingmakers for instance shows off 5 party members while the game had about 11 total, with a dlc adding a extra one.
>How are the Pathfinder games?
Meh writing, I liked some of the party in both but some are boring as fuck. If you love character building for combat you'll like it since they let you get real autistic with builds.
Does 40k have any kind of notable rogue trader characters or even just ones associated with rogue traders? For both Pathfinder games they put in a "iconic", a character made by the owners of Pathfinder to represent a class, Amiri and Seelah.

>One of the writers there seems to have a fetish for used goods.
How so?

I have a special kind of autism so I'll give them a try and see if it's the right special kind of autism.
Also on that note how true are the vidya rules to the TTRPG for Pathfinder? Because you can achieve some really broken shit in the Rogue Trader tabletop.

Glad to hear there's potential for more party members. They'll probably have at least one for each class from the tabletop in that case.
I can't think of any particularly notable rogue traders in the lore, outside the RPG itself they're mostly a background thing.

There better be orc mercenary as companion

for the pathfinder games,
the stories are meh but the gameplay is great IF you really love pen & paper rpgs. If you want gameplay mechanics that have been polished for a pc game instead of almost 1 on 1 porting of the pnp mechanics then look elsewhere.
There are a few occasions where ie. spell and scroll description refer to pnp mechanics that aren't even implemented like raise dead negative levels. Also, since there is no DM to tailor the encounters and fudge some rolls to tailor the game to your group you might end up in situations where your party just isn't suited or prepared for the situation (looking at you, will-o-wisps)